• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:20:55 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT the Holy Armada

Started by Izlude_Tingel, February 04, 2009, 11:30:12 am

Izlude_Tingel

February 04, 2009, 11:30:12 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
Takes place in Bervenia Free city, in Zeltennia.

a 16-year-old boy named Torren Lenando (ラナンドゥ  トーレン) a member of the Church's Paramilitary group "The Holy Armada", under the command of Cardinal Alphons Draclau. Torren's friends and Squad members consist of Isabella, an Archer; Tuckert, a former Nanten Knight; Gaston, a young Priest; and Radcliff, Torren's best friend.

The Holy Armada had existed for 3 years by the time the Death Corps had engaged the Hokuten. By that time, they had seized the Leo, Pisces, and Aries Holy stones. Lenando and his squad were given the task of tracking down the stone to Zeltennia (after meeting several people along the way in Limberry Castle and Zarghidas Trade City)  where an informant brought them to the slums where an underground Organization was working.
Lenando and Radcliff had gone in to reach a deal with the group called "Righteous Eagles". 20,000 Gil for the stone they had found, Gemini. The Leader of Righteous Eagle, Corella Lestrang, refused the offer saying "it had powers to take over an entire country and was worth much more than 20,000 gil." She demanded 100,000.
Lenando had said it was too much that the Church couldn't offer, and Lestrang decided to take the 20,000 gil he had with him and organize another deal.

Being pulled into battle, the others join in and defeat Lestrang, but when reinforcements arrive, they're all taken prisoner and sent to Lestrang's HQ in Goug so that she can orchestrate another deal. Lenando, in anger, stages an escape and upon his way out of her Fort, Lestrang arrives with her guards. Lenando fights her one on one while the others stop her guards.

With Lestrang's death, several important plots are put into motion. With Lestrang and the Righteous Eagles out of power, common farmers and the Noble Nanten have no evening ground starting a food riot. Meanwhile, Lestrang's absence in Lionel elevates the Church to complete control of the territory.

However, after Lenando discovers the power of the stones in his mission of retrieving the Aquarius Holy stone. He deffects from the organization in shame an fear, and is marked as the Holy Armada's prime suspect. The only one to join him after leaving, was Radcliff. With Lenando gone from the seat of leading the Armada in Lionel, Cardinal Draclau is forced to hire the Bart Company to retrieve the Taurus Holy stone.

That's basically the first chapter, and if anyone has any ideas they want to add or anything let me now. I kinda thought it up on the spot, but I think its pretty good for an initial idea.
What do you guys think?

AngrySurprisedFace

February 04, 2009, 05:03:26 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
I really like the story.

But you haven't listed possible sprites, new spells, new monsters/characters/ changes you would make/add to the game.

Llednar

February 04, 2009, 05:31:11 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Another issue is that you call it an "armada", but an armada classically has ships (or I suppose for Final Fantasy, Airships) so...
but otherwise excellent.

Izlude_Tingel

February 04, 2009, 10:17:10 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
when I was about 12, I wanted to to write a sequel  to FFT and learned that an Armada was linked to ships, but I figured it was okay for the story. Not to mention the name has a ring to it.
My purpose of this post/topic was the storyline. The first post, that it is. I should gradually work on the sprites and such.

Would anyone like to help with this project?

Llednar

February 04, 2009, 10:32:48 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
I would but so far I am mostly incompetent at coding and won't even discuss my lack of talent in the sprite department.  But I do think it is a good idea.  You may want to make them part of lionel's navy or something, or people will get angry and demand to know why...

Zalge

February 04, 2009, 10:34:55 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Read the stickies. You seem about as naive as I was. I'm making a sequel as well, check out my thread.
http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... sc&start=0

But, other then that, your story sounds good... except, how do they escape the prison without weapons?

Izlude_Tingel

February 04, 2009, 10:37:25 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
Lionel's navy? That's not a bad idea. Infact, I've got something.

Since the Holy Armada is never mentioned in the actual storyline, they're a small department of the Lionel Navy called the Holy Armada and acting as a sort of Church Marine corps. They're actually a group under direct command of the Shrine Knight's under Vormav.
It seems pretty logical to me...

About the sprites and actual editing of the storyline. I dont know to do it, and I dont think my computer can do it. So, if anyone would like to help in that department... I'd be grateful. I'm just the writer.

Llednar

February 04, 2009, 10:54:47 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
hmm...maybe our stories could work together a bit becuase I also have a story based on the Knights Templar (FFT: WOTL) or Shrine Knights as they are called in FFT

Izlude_Tingel

February 04, 2009, 11:06:44 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
well what exactly is your story about?

Llednar

February 04, 2009, 11:17:05 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Mine is a side story involving other parties in the knights templar that attempt to compete with folmarv to lead the Knights Templar.  Two guys whom are friends rise in rank and, during the events in Final Fantasy Tactics, attain the same rank as Folmarv does (marshal of the Templars).  About when delita kidnapped ovelia did Folmarv assassinate (no evidence) the former Grand Master and take the position upon himself.  But the main character and his friend are the same rank as he is, so, though he becomes the official grand master, all three have about the same influence in the templarate.  Anyway the friend (now rival) whom is not the main character starts dabbling in forbidden magic.  The main character starts investigating him.  Folmarv is killed.  The two former friends are now bitter enemies trying to become leaders in the Knights Templarate.  The main character ambushes his rival in his fortress, preventing outcry by showing his evidence of forbidden magic, and confronts him.  The rival escapes to finish his ritual.  The main character pursues him, but finds the rival and sorcerors assisting him slain by the "demon of the future" they tried to raise so they could have unlimited power.  The demon of the future I was planning to be Llednar from FFTA (since he is a demon pretty much).  They defeat and dispel Llednar.  After that the main character, now the Grand Master of the Templar, Slowly starts to demilitarize the Templarate so they can help rebuild after the Lion Wars.

That is my idea in a nutshell.

Izlude_Tingel

February 04, 2009, 11:41:18 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
Well my story in a nutshell is basically, throughout Chapter one the main character Torren Lenando (Balmafula's younger brother) heads a squad of the Holy Armada in tracking down a Holy stone (described to them as an artifact belonging to the Church). They retrieve it and defeat a criminal syndicate by the end of the first chapter.
In the second chapter, Lenando and his squad are given another mission, and upon tracking the Holy stone to Goland Mining town, they discover that the stone is of the Lucavi. Lenando and his best friend, Radcliff, resign from the Armada and are labeled as Heretics after pleading their discovery to the other members of their group. By the time the Princess is captured, Lenando and Radcliff go to Lionel to talk to the Cardinal.
They're stopped in Dorter, and Zaland along the way by their former partner, Tuckert. He's killed in their second encounter. Once they reach Lionel Castle, they use Tuckert's documents and get in. They find out that the Princess is in their custody and manage to free Agrias. Meanwhile they escape back to Zaland, luring away half of Draclau's troops.
Once Ramza and his group make their attack on Lionel, Draclau's main force is occupied in Zaland in an intricate trap lead by Isabella, Lenando and the others.

That's basically the first two chapters. I just thought of this story today, so I haven't gotten to Chapter 3 and 4 yet

Llednar

February 04, 2009, 11:47:09 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
I thought up the general plot for my story, but not the specifics.  Maybe not an actual in game meeting, but maybe "oh remember marshal so-and-so's orders!".  You can think up a name if you want to...I'm terrible with names...Or perhaps my main character and his retinue pass by your guys while they are talking...real innocent like :p

LastingDawn

February 05, 2009, 12:38:16 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quite nice Izlude! That's a well thought out plot. Interesting character's to be sure. But I noticed you mentioned the Leo stone, from the way the game makes it seem that Vormav had possession of the stone for quite some time, could be wrong though. So it takes place three years before the game starts then?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Izlude_Tingel

February 05, 2009, 01:21:53 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
3 years before?
I actually have it taking place at the same pace as the original game. Ofcourse, if the Leo stone is already in Vormav's possession, there are others that I can write into its place.

I'd be glad to intertwine my story with yours however, Llednar, and maybe even yours too Lastingdawn

Llednar

February 05, 2009, 03:45:40 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Hmm, well I am not even near starting my own story so you won't have to go around much.  I will leave whatever references you want to make to my game up to you, and I will make sure to try and keep with your story as well.

But again, I know almost nothing about making the game yet, so it will be a long while before I go out of basic game editing and dowloading patches.

ShadowX

February 05, 2009, 04:04:25 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
Interesting idea Izlude. Being new here myself I'd actually like to help to get a little more experience with this stuff. If you would like I can offer my services in class and skill changes. I'm working on learning sprites so I won't be much help with that until I can actually make a few good sprites.

Izlude_Tingel

February 05, 2009, 05:43:10 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
thank you ShadowX, and you too Llednar. I guess we'll all be working together in a way....
Do you have any suggestions, Shadow? like job classes or skills or anything?

ShadowX

February 05, 2009, 06:09:34 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
Well considering that your patch goes right along with FFT it would be up to you if you want to change generic job names and sprites. And for special characters I would need a list of them and what job you want to give them (that includes enemies). If you don't know what job to give one of them I would need a description of the job you think they should have and I'll give it a name and skillset. As for sprite as I said they'll have to wait unless someone else would help with that sooner.

Now for the skills we gatta get rid of charge... that is unless you like it. Even basing the archer skills on FFTA skill would be an improvement. Also the break skills could be changed and a few skills could even be added. Any other skill change suggestions would be welcome but that's what I have right at this moment.

Izlude_Tingel

February 05, 2009, 06:47:49 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Izlude_Tingel
well I'll list some characters-

Torren Lenando (open)
Radcliff (open)
Tuckert - Former Nanten Knight
Isabella - something along the lines of an archer

Corella Lestrang - head of a criminal syndicate
Alester Zurich - head of the Lionel knights

thats what I have so far

ShadowX

February 05, 2009, 10:52:58 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
Well I need a little bit more for Torren and Radcliff.

Tucket - Ex-Nanten - Skillset: Black Lion
Isabella- Ranger/Crossbowmen/Hunter - Skill: Precision (Ripped off of FFTA XD)

Corella - Criminal/Assassin/ Eagle Leader - Skill: Debauchery/Crime/Criminal Skill
Alester - Knight Master/Knightblade/Blademaster - Skill: Imperial Sword

These can definitely be changed but that's all I could get in my tired state.