• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:41:08 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Gambler Job Discussion Thread (Rad/Ramza Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, November 18, 2008, 02:40:25 pm

Kagebunji

Does anyone still have Gambler sprite? And while we are at it, Reliq dood too plz.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

PX_Timefordeath

Ramza:

Bluff: The Gambler attempts to bluff his way through trouble, causing people to lose their turn. Chance of CT 00 on everyone.

LastingDawn

Haha! That it hits everyone is good fun! That has some very interesting applications. Another solid skill. We're only five away now.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Gotwald

I am not entirely sure of what it could do, but it seems so fitting that the gambler should have a move called "Loaded dice". What kind of real gambler doesn't have a few tricks up his sleeve?
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

LastingDawn

Hmm... what would you propose such a move do, Gotwald?

Art of War

Gotwald

"Gamblers are experts of chance, but sometimes they need more than luck."

That is definite for the description.

As for the effect, I was thinking of adding a positive status at a 100% rate would fit the idea, the only problem being that I am not 1005 sure of some of the strengths of the statuses. Re-raise would be to powerful... protect or shell might fit. It would still be a gamble to determine what status you get (protect or shell) but it would be 100%; like Kiyomori.

If a positive status won't work, how about 100% moderate-low damage at range?

My last idea would be something that could only be used in critical status; like a last ditch ability. Something like a quick self heal, or a high damage 100%  melee attack.

Actually, if you could make it work, a instant self quick would work for an escape, but only if you made it so that the skill drained ALL MP. That probably can't be done, just throwing it out there.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel

LastingDawn

Great idea! I really like the idea of a (In Critical) "Last Chip" which gives a 40% (+MA%) to cast Quick on yourself. Want to try and put some distance between you and your foe? Well better hope the stars are on your side tonight! The "moderate low damage" is basically Darts, as it stands.

Art of War

Gotwald

I am glad you liked the quick idea! I think you might need to make it have a charge but with a 255 speed, as I don't know if instant quick works on yourself.

More ideas

52 pick up - This basically has a chance to cause don't move on the enemy, by forcing them to pick up the cards strewn about.

7 8 9 - The pprimal nature of the cards in combination in the deck allow you to "eat" some of the energy from the foe. It would drain MP from a foe, but something low, like MA * 2 or some such. Maybe even just MA. The skill itself would have a low power cost.

Coin flip - Can grant 1 of two statuses. I like the idea of shell-protect, but you could also use regen-poison, slow-haste, stop-quick. Not sure if it should be self only though.

My youtube Channel

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Gotwald"I am glad you liked the quick idea! I think you might need to make it have a charge but with a 255 speed, as I don't know if instant quick works on yourself.

More ideas

52 pick up - This basically has a chance to cause don't move on the enemy, by forcing them to pick up the cards strewn about.

7 8 9 - The pprimal nature of the cards in combination in the deck allow you to "eat" some of the energy from the foe. It would drain MP from a foe, but something low, like MA * 2 or some such. Maybe even just MA. The skill itself would have a low power cost.

Coin flip - Can grant 1 of two statuses. I like the idea of shell-protect, but you could also use regen-poison, slow-haste, stop-quick. Not sure if it should be self only though.
Those look like some good ideas GW, i think coin flip should only be self as you cant flip a coin across the battlefield.

PX_Timefordeath

QuoteCoin Toss: Range 1, area 1, linear attack, random fire, deals moderate-heavy non-elemental magical damage to either the Gambler or his target (only hits once, so 50-50 odds).

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Gotwald"I am glad you liked the quick idea! I think you might need to make it have a charge but with a 255 speed, as I don't know if instant quick works on yourself.

More ideas

I could have sworn I replied to this... sorry Gotwald.

52 Pick Up is just a strange move... I'm not too sure it fits the Gambler all that well.

Hmm... 7/8/9 (will need a new name)  does have some potential, if the Gambler has innate low MP anyhow.

Coin Flip, as PX pointed out is already a move with similar connotations.

Art of War

ffta707

The Gambler sprite was still on the jobs sprites page. Does that still apply?

LastingDawn

Formula Update!

Thanks to FFMaster we now have a Completely new "Unfaith" Formula. As you'll recall, the Darts skill of the Gambler uses this very formula. Well FFMaster has given us the option to change the "MA" values in both for anything on...

http://www.ffhacktics.com/wiki/Formula_Hacking

That page.

So Darts is now (100-CasF)*(100-TarF)* (Move + 0) * Current MP/2 #Hit Rdm 10

Needless to say, this skill will have a few restrictions on it, to assure those that have immense MP can't abuse it. (As per the ARH)

Art of War

LastingDawn

First post is updated with the synergy skillsets! As before, thanks goes mostly to Philsov (and a few others whose names I cannot recall at the moment, I think PX?) your thoughts are appreciated to make the end product all the better.

Art of War