• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:09 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Online Event Debugger

Started by mmatyas, October 16, 2021, 12:15:58 pm

mmatyas

Hey there, it's been a while. About a year ago I started working on an event viewer/debugger, combined with a map viewer, running in the browser. I was using it for translation, but then 2020/21 happened, and the whole thing has been on hold for a while.

In the past weeks however, I've started working on the project a bit more again, and it's going quite well. The translation just reached the end of chapter one, and as a "celebration" I've decided to get the tool into shape and release whatever is working so far.

You can try it out here: https://mmatyas.github.io/fft/eventplayer/

Most events are still missing of course, but perhaps you might still find some use in it. I also added support for Xifanie's events from the wiki, but I haven't actually tried any of the large mods out there, like The Lion War, with it.

It support both the US and the Japanese releases:

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Will this load custom events?

Does it support the new commands from the event instruction upgrade hack?
  • Modding version: PSX

mmatyas

Yes, it should be able to load and recognize all events currently on the wiki (ie. up to version 1.371). It should work both with opening a custom TEST.EVT or using the game disk, but I haven't tried out any full mods yet (in particular, the list of maps is hardcoded at the moment).

adamrt

Another amazing tool @mmatyas!

Are you going to release the source for either of these projects?

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

mmatyas

Maybe! I'm not 100% pleased with the code at the moment, but I was thinking about releasing some of my tools after I finish the translation. I've found the wiki pretty detailed for development, but I'll also see if there's something I can update there.

mmatyas

Some updates:

- You can now play the scene with double speed
- You can now view (and change!) the current camera position, rotation and zoom level
- You can now view the memory values set by the scene (and, in the future, might change it as well)
- Added support for the "{2E} Background" event
- Small fixes