• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:28:48 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Death Counter?

Started by UltimaLord13, July 30, 2020, 09:14:22 pm

UltimaLord13

Well I'm about 4 hours into Journey of the 5 with many resets for foolish choices. But there are a few times were I was scraping by with one char with 1 hp and for some reason the death counter activates and crystallizes my character when I had JUST killed the last enemy. It has happened many times and is really grinding my gears. I'm loving this game and won't stop playing, but I wanted to know why this happens. Any help would be appreciated!
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

This should be posted to the specific JotF Bug Reports thread.

Never heard of this before, and I'd think it's likelier that you haven't actually killed all enemies as you thought you had. Even if your dead unit was going to have a turn on the same clock tick as the one that just killed an enemy, killing a final enemy would end the battle before your unit's turn ended.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

UltimaLord13

August 12, 2020, 10:37:46 am #2 Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 11:14:52 am by UltimaLord13
Yeah, I didn't notice there was a knight using invigorate over and over. That was my bad. Since most of the abilities have new effects,  I never noticed they had reraise on until I looked at the knights' abilities. So it certainly makes sense now. Thank you for replying good sir. (I assume)

P.S. why does Leesha like to suicide? It happens in every battle I've had with her. There was one time in araguay woods where she walked up to the bandits healed one then waited for 2 more turns before dying. The bandit didn't get hit yet btw. Just used one of my potions on a full hp enemy. She never did it again after that one instance but that was one of the biggest wtf moments I've ever had.
  • Modding version: PSX