• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:14:43 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Testing Late Game TEST.EVT Changes

Started by Jordan95, February 29, 2020, 03:57:21 pm

Jordan95

So I've started working on editing some dialogue text for some events using EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.1. I can successfully compile to a TEST.EVT file, patch it, run the game and my changes are taking effect. Perfect! But I was just editing some of the first few battles to test.

What if I want to change an event far into the story? I'm wanting to change one in Ch.3 but I'm starting from a fresh save and don't really want to go through the hassle of beating all of the previous levels before I get to this event so I can test my changes.

Is there a way I can jump from the beginning of the game to a particular ENTD so I can test my changes? I've been trying to find an answer for hours but nothing is clear on how to do it or even IF i can do it.

In particular, I'm editing some events in The Lion War patch and want to trigger ENTD 1E2 Ashley Riot Battle
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Jordan9232

Nyzer

Change ATTACK.OUT to jump to that scenario from the very first scene.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jordan95

Quote from: Nyzer on February 29, 2020, 05:05:02 pmChange ATTACK.OUT to jump to that scenario from the very first scene.

Sweet, I just tried it and that worked. I only started modding like a month ago and haven't needed to change the ATTACK.OUT file yet. But seemed pretty simple. Thank you!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Jordan9232

3lric

Quote from: Jordan9232 on February 29, 2020, 05:23:39 pmSweet, I just tried it and that worked. I only started modding like a month ago and haven't needed to change the ATTACK.OUT file yet. But seemed pretty simple. Thank you!

Yup, this is the method I used for many years. There is also savestate eventing which helps a lot and can be used in conjuction with this trick to sort of build the event in something closer to real time
  • Modding version: PSX