• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:05:33 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Parted Ways 2.0: The Story

Started by Eternal, June 18, 2015, 04:18:48 pm

Eternal

It's been a while since I've been able to make a post on here, but I've got some good news to share! Although I've been ridiculously busy with work (I work at a flower shop and it's wedding season), I've been hard at work coming up with the new story aspects that'll be added to PW 2.0. With any luck, I'll be getting help from Elric (and whoever else may wish to join in!) in adding these additional plot events to PW 2.0. At this point, I'm still really focused on working on gameplay mechanics. PW 1.0 was really messy in that regard, in that it had great ideas but they were messy and unbalanced. PW 2.0 is taking a far more polished approach to the whole thing, so I appreciate everyone's patience.

Some examples of new events you can look forward to upon PW 2.0's release:

-A battle involving Elmdor's death upon the Fuse Plains and his subsequent contract with Zalera.
-Playable battle against the Hokuten as Wiegraf upon his escape after Zeakden.
-Rad will have additional plot involving the death of Gafgarion.
-Expanded Balmafula plot.
-Beowulf's search for Reis will extend before Chapter IV, as well as introducing a new character who will in turn be connected to Rafa and Malak.

Basically, the aim of the added plot will be to allow you to play as characters you never could in Vanilla, as well as making a lot of the filler fights more interesting and valuable to the plot. I have quite a few player punch surprises in store as well, so look forward to those! :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jumza

Quote from: Eternal on June 18, 2015, 04:18:48 pm
I'll be getting help from Elric (and whoever else may wish to join in!)

I'll be around :) Elric probably not as much though, what with his new child and everything. :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Oh, I'll be around. Someone's gotta keep you all in line ;) Plus the re'release will be ready soon.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zenius

Hey Eternal, been a while. Remember me? :P
It's actually my first time on FFH forums in like 4 years.

So I recently had this sudden urge to play FFT, playing 1.3 again, and with that I wondered where Newtype/PW went.
Glad to see it's still being worked on, and I'm excited to try it although I don't really expect it coming out in the near future (no offense of course xD)
Good luck to everything :D

Eternal

Of course I remember you! It won't be out any time soon, mostly because I'm being OCD about every little detail and want nothing less than the best. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817