• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:02:53 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Rookie looking for Status Effect guidance..

Started by Draij, September 12, 2020, 11:48:34 pm

Draij

I'm fairly new to the hacking scene for FFT, with the exception that I have been using FFTPatcher for years - knowing that deeper mods can be done. I just loved messing with the already incredible gameplay aspects of FFT, and now I want to get more in depths with it and have been experimenting with alot of random things between orgASM and existing xmls, tacText, FFTPatcher - still trying to understand the ENTD and Attack-Out bits, and HEXediting myself - in due time though.  :)

I have been looking around for existing ASM hacks that change some of the current status effects, like Chicken or Faith/Innocent, berserk etc. I've found spreadsheets on editing the visual effects of such Statuses - like green pixels for poison, red pixels for berserk. I've also found ASM hacks that change the way poison deals its damage, but nothing on repurposing an effect to now do a bleed effect which i figured has been done already, as it would be nice for heavy melee hitter abilities.

I'm reaching out to see if i'm overlooking an existing spreadsheet that helps create changes to status effect by creating ASM hack.

Any guidance on this would greatly appreciated, and I apologize in advance if this was already asked/solved before. Thanks
  • Modding version: PSX

IronJustice

I did a search and although there are some ASM patches floating around not in FFTorgASM by default (like the AI uses Protect/Shell proactively), I can't find any hack that changes that.

Might try asking on the FFHacktics Discord channel if one of the hackers there can help you.
  • Modding version: PSX
FFT: Spirit of '98 is out and ready for testers!
  • Discord username: Ironjustice