• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:08:29 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Twinees

December 04, 2010, 02:11:04 am #560 Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:25:10 am by twinees
School holidays so now i can work on this some more.

Ive also put in the portrait in the sheet so for those who can be bothered looking at it, toodah :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

The animation on the hair is looking great. I'm liking the cape not in motion at least. Great work as always Twinees.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Very well done, Twin. Portrait is looking way better than the ones japaneses did. How long you have your holidays? I will have mine in two weeks...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Twinees

I've got 8 weeks off, so plenty of time :)

Kagebunji

8 weeks? Man, that is an awful lot of time. I suppose your summer vacations aren't as long as ours then(we have 2 months free during summer), but if ou have 8 weeks now AND 2 months during summer, then I am moving to Australia.

Twinees

well.... Usually about 6 weeks, but year 11 has its ups.. so 8 weeks, thats summer. We have 4 terms, 1 semester is 2 terms, and they have a 2 week break between each term so thats another 6 weeks. =D

Kagebunji

Looks like we have same amount of time free from school then, we have those breaks in different times. Good, cause I did not want to leave Poland for now, heh.

Twinees

January 06, 2011, 07:10:17 am #567 Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:22:10 am by twinees
Old

Revised

Slight man boobs added, little belly buton also, and you probably can see the rest.
Crits are always welcome  :D

Next I will possibly be changing Barret, shouldnt take too long. (All credit will got to Zozma still though)

PS. ive finished the Vincent sprite (not releasing yet ;)).

mav

That revised version looks quite good. It's kind of hard to tell what's going on with the cat though. Nonetheless, the body looks much more impressive and the palette really pops. Great improvements. Make sure to submit Vince!

Twinees

January 07, 2011, 12:20:19 am #569 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:39:06 am by twinees

Hmm... looks alright to me. ill fix up (his) right arm.
There is also a little black pixel about cait sith's right ear, that is not there normally (happened when i made gif)

(his tail will also be moving)

Kagebunji

Haha, that's sweet. You considered making his wings move too? I assume this is monster type, yes? It's too big to be human, heh. And you know what you, or me could do once this is finished? We could edit out Cait Sith, and leave the big moogle, hehe.

Jon

Twinees thats amazingly good! Do his wings move a little too? I really actually like Cait Sith the cat on his back, looks sorta cute :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Twinees

January 08, 2011, 04:21:03 am #572 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:10:50 am by twinees
What do you guys think would work better? the wings move with the movement of the shoulders (eg. how the demon's animation looks) or the wings flapping? I personally think the demon animation for the wings would work best with this.

Finished the Nu Mou sprite completely. All it needs is a portrait.
This still could have some thorough testing due to some (seemingly unimportant) hand positions were changed, and shapes of arms were also changed.

Jon

Lol, not flapping, demon wings probably would look best, or maybe Ahriman? Dunno...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

God dammit, I see Wizard replacement right in front of my eyes. Will you palette it? If you won't, I surely will.

As to Cait, demon wings movement style would look better for sure. Flapping while moving seems kinda weird.

Cheetah

Great work Twinees. Definitely demon wings for walking animation. Perhaps having the cat sway his head back and forth would look good too, though difficult.

Smash never did a complete portrait for Nu Mou? Well we can use the artwork he did as a base right? So awesome to see this sprite finished.
Current Projects:

Zalge

January 08, 2011, 06:29:03 pm #576 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:16:56 pm by Zalge
As a reintroduction )and probably not a good one at that) I decided to take a shot at a nu mou portrait... I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it. I outlined the an FFTA portrait and then did my best to shade it a little.
Hence the name, Crap. I don't think I did that well, but at least the eyes don't look that bad in this version as a previous itteration I made...
If you want the outline instead of the portrait as a starting point (for anyone that wants to make this much better, which could be easily done =P) then just tell me to and I'll post it too.

EDIT: This isn't intended to actually be used =P Its just for anyone to take and make better, a base of sorts. I know how bad it looks, but for now its better than nothing.

EDIT2: I edited the top line, the eyes, changed a little bit of the shading, it looks better, but the neck and stuff is still stupid looking. Hence, still labeled crap.

Twinees

January 09, 2011, 12:24:33 am #577 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:17:26 am by twinees

Still need to update this, but it should be a good start.
And yes, I did base this off of Smash's concept art, it was too irresistable not to use it.
(i've also been talking to Smash, he may fix up some bits for me)

Edit: Finished sheet off by adding portrait, also organised the pallette for easier colour swaps, i will be adding extra palettes in later.

mav

Well done, good sir. I could have sworn we already had a portrait though. Whatever, this one's great too.

Twinees

Thanks mav, since ive now finished the nu mou, ive put a poll up for the next FF7 character.
Make sure to vote everyone ;)