• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:06:32 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

CDImage, ISO editing help!

Started by Scellerato, May 05, 2009, 02:55:49 am

Scellerato

May 05, 2009, 02:55:49 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Scellerato
I really want to get into editing FFTactics, even if it's a little bit.
The biggest problem is finding just an ISO to edit, I have bin, ccd, etc, but those don't seem to be what everyone is saying I need to use it.
When I used my own disk rip and various downloaded ones I just can't seem to get the editing to work.

I extract the SCU or whatever it's called file from the FFT CDMage.

I'd use FFTPatcher, change some things around just to see if it worked, then I tried to put the SCU file back as it says in various FAQS~ But when I drag and drop it does not go back/overwrite. There are also no importing commands in CDMage, so I'm stuck.

nates1984

May 05, 2009, 03:33:10 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by nates1984
QuoteThe biggest problem is finding just an ISO to edit, I have bin, ccd, etc, but those don't seem to be what everyone is saying I need to use it.

The BIN file should be a couple hundred megs, that's the ISO we're talking about. If you have a CUE file or some other kind that'll be what you wanna open up in CDMage so it can auto-detect the CD type.

QuoteI extract the SCU or whatever it's called file from the FFT CDMage.

I'd use FFTPatcher, change some things around just to see if it worked, then I tried to put the SCU file back as it says in various FAQS~ But when I drag and drop it does not go back/overwrite. There are also no importing commands in CDMage, so I'm stuck.

Don't rip out the SCUS file. Hit new patch in FFTPatcher and then after you're done editing just patch the BIN directly through FFTPatcher, it can do that. Look around the options and you should see what I'm talking about. I recommend you have two ISOs: One clean one and one you're editing. That way if you wanna do a fresh start you can delete the edited one and recopy the clean one. Don't forget you can save your FFTPatcher changes in a separate file so you can recall them later without pulling them directly out of your edited ISO.

Unless there's a new version of FFTPatcher out and we do it differently now?

Vanya

May 05, 2009, 03:46:58 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "Scellerato"There are also no importing commands in CDMage, so I'm stuck.

That means you have the wrong version of CD Mage. Get the right one from the main FFH site.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Scellerato

May 07, 2009, 11:38:56 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Scellerato
Sorry for the late reply~
This work beautifully.
It was more simple than I'd thought, I was overthinking it.. just a tad bit.
;c

Anyways, now that I can work it. One more question, please, I was curious if there is a way to assign characters to your party?
Such as Dycedarg/Zalbag. In all my years playing FFTactics, I've always wanted those two old geezers in my party.
;c
Alternatively, I saw a way to change sprites.. does that mean I could technically make a knight, or something look like Dycedarg?

LastingDawn

May 08, 2009, 12:36:51 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Certainly, but really only in battle situations, or the Military Academy opening for having Dycedarg and Zalbag, to not screw anything up though... You might want to take a gander at replacing a few unused sprites, using Melonhead's Shishi editor.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

jimmyjw88

May 08, 2009, 12:42:43 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Well, if you really want Dycedarg/Zalbag to be in your party, one way is you can use cheat (gameshark codes) to change your generic characters in your party. However, you can't just change the sprite of a generic characters, as it will altered all the other battles of the generic characters (lets say, knight). So, in order to make your party special without altering generic characters is change the particular character that you want to change into NPC job, and from there, when you change the sprite into Dycedarg/Zalbag.

Yea, and what LD said will also work.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.