• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:44:58 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Suggestions

Started by VincentCraven, October 31, 2007, 07:40:46 pm

Xifanie

November 17, 2007, 11:08:47 am #100 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
MM, IIRC there are 12-13 free slots for action abilities.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jaakl

November 17, 2007, 11:24:25 am #101 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jaakl
So.... we have to think what new skills we have to create

A talk Skill with the White Talk Cloud

huthutchuck

November 18, 2007, 05:50:45 pm #102 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
Not to start a fight but to make some room for new classes, one class the can be replaced is oracle.  All of their abilities are had by the mediator without the charge time and magic usage. If need be, go back to early Final Fantasies and split those abilities between the white and black mages.

VincentCraven

November 18, 2007, 07:30:45 pm #103 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Talk skill with the White Talk Cloud? If I understand you correctly, I haven't seen that animation.

I'm not really attached to any classes besides Geomancer and Samurai; however, I dunno how much approval you would get with that idea. That set is fairly unique, like Spell Absorb and Life Drain. In case you didn't know, Black and White Magic don't have much room left in the sets. IIRC, it's 15 max and both are either at the max or one away. I will admit, however, that Beowulf completely owns Oracle.

Besides, we don't really have any good classes to replace them, except Necromancer maybe, because the new ones are for guys like Rad.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Argg0

November 18, 2007, 09:32:25 pm #104 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Yeah, Beow is sooo effective against multiple enemies :P

One thing I'd like to see is... Everyone having Item terciary (does that word exist?) innately, and kick Chemist out of the job tree.

Though, I doubt it'd be possible.

huthutchuck

November 18, 2007, 11:56:35 pm #105 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
Well if Oracle is to stay, maybe the CT of the spells should be lowered.  It shouldn't take 7 turns for a CHANCE at a status effect.  

I have to admit, I'm kinda fond of powerpole extend myself.

VincentCraven

November 19, 2007, 07:10:48 am #106 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Oh right, Beowulf does have that limitation.

It's tertiary, and making Item a tertiary skill is about on par with making Weapon Guard a support ability. I'd also have to find a way to make all the item skills not require that one learn them to use them. Dunno how I'd go about doing that. Trying to make Defend work like Item doesn't work by itself.

I let Blue Mage use Sticks, should that be changed? Oracle isn't the only one that can do it.

Which spell are you talking about chuck? Skills like Blind and Silence Song are faster than all black magic. Skills like Petrify are slow, but you know how useful Petrifying units is.

huthutchuck

November 19, 2007, 04:39:47 pm #107 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
First, please don't give everyone item. Imagine enemies with a neverending supply of phoenix downs and elixirs, scary.  Besides If all my people had access to item. I'd never loose a battle or a unit.  I think sleep, don't move/act may be a little slow.  Maybe the percentages pale in comparison to monsters that makes it seem so slow.  Enemies can petrify you, stop you or knock you out in an instant but an oracle has to wait for a chance to inflict status.  Maybe nothing is wrong with oracle, but to me they pale in comparison to the other mage classes and especially to Beowulf.  I can imagine anyone using oracle or ying yang magic at the end of the game.  I'm just b**chin' but I don't know a solution to this problem.  Maybe it's just me but oracle could use some help, maybe immunity to status effects.  Please anyone give some feedback.

Prinygod

November 20, 2007, 01:50:59 am #108 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Prinygod
Quote from: "VincentCraven"Lame stats? He has better stats than a Geomancer! More PA, more MA, more MP, and more HP (though the HPC is 1 higher). How can those stats be lame!?

I guess MAM should be the same/higher, but I gave him innate Two Hands. That skill might be out of place though now that I made Limit require any type of sword. Materia Blade has bonuses, but it's not necessary for any activation now.

Yeah he had better multipliers, but it was equalized by bad equips. Now that his Ma is average and limit has been weaken, would be crazy to use soldier. Geomancer now has a higher Ma and can equip robes and shields so you can have 3 more ma there.

I just got cloud so ill test out his limits eventually and see if my hypothesis holds true.

An additional thought, perhaps you can give a couple of clouds skills some vert tolerance.
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee

karsten

November 20, 2007, 02:30:13 am #109 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
soldier have finishing touch. don't forget. you never use anything beside that move.

VincentCraven

November 20, 2007, 03:10:42 am #110 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Oh yeah, whoops. He needs his 120 MA back. But it was just his MA when the 'bad stats' problem came up, right? I'm thinking either he needs less PA, or Two Hands needs to hit the deck. He can wield Knight Swords now, however, so take that into consideration.

I definitely didn't do his skill set justice. Who'd use Braver when it is the weakest and only hits one enemy? Some of his other skills may need vertical tolerance, but we'll see.

As for the Oracle, maybe a boost in success? Adding a status is useful, but if it only works like 60% of the time, it's a real gamble. What's the support on your Oracle? By the end of the game, most of them have something like Short Charge. I'm not sure that Magic Attack Up helps a whole lot with this type of magic. I'll look into your problem.

Oh and about making Item tertiary, I like to find out whether an option is possible for testing the validity of the option. I'm not so worried about the enemies eternally reviving each other with items. I'd probably set Elixir to about lv60, so that anyone who gets his party level up that high will have to deal with enemies tossing Elixirs around. What I'm worried about is being able to revive your units with any character you choose. I guess classes like White Mage could get a boost because of that.

huthutchuck

November 20, 2007, 04:27:22 am #111 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
I'm assuming that anyone on this forum is a FFT vet.  Ask yourself an honest question,

"If everyone has access to item in your party, with the level of strategy you currently have, would you lose a battle?'

My answer is probably not.  I admire the work everyone is putting in but my biggest fear is to turn FFT to FFT advance.

As far as oracle is concerned, boosting the success % is a great idea.

Cloud is just weird to me.  He seems to be a physical class but his Limits are MA based.  Seems like they should be PA based.

VincentCraven

November 20, 2007, 04:51:54 am #112 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Oh, it's still quite possible to lose a battle, especially if I boost the enemies more than they have been boosted. But then it would be more of a "rush next to your units so that you can revive them" type game. At least Chocobos would be more valuable for getting next to the dead ones. >.>
Of course, I'd have to boost the price of all items by a whole lot. Nevertheless, it would throw many things out of whack and since I'd have to put quite a bit of work into it to find out how to make it work, I'll leave it alone. Not to mention that this does nothing to help the monster population.

I dunno about Cloud. His attacks should be PA based, but then again...?

I'll look at Oracle's skills a bit more now. I'm sure boosting the Success of skills like Don't Move and Don't Act couldn't hurt. I'm not so sure about Petrify, Sleep, or Life Drain though.

huthutchuck

November 20, 2007, 07:19:17 am #113 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
I agree with petrify. It should not be in the "blaster" range when it comes to success percentages.

Argg0

November 20, 2007, 09:50:24 am #114 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
I think that Item for everyone would actually INCREASE the difficulty.

Enemies rarely ever have item. When they do, they have level 1 or 2 chemist. So, we won't be seeing PD flying around easily... though, with everyone with access to Item (Throw Item should still be Support from some class, maybe Squire) enemies would actually revive their fallen allies.

About the Oracle... I think they could get a higher MA, TM or Summoner maybe.

Also, they are the most melee oriented mage class... so, why keep the usual Cev (5%)? Give them 15%?

Faster resolve for spells? Yeah... could be.

About Petrify Success rates... It has a higher range (4 vs 3) than blaster, no annoying V tolerance, no chance of inflicting Stop instead of Petrify, and, depending on the level and Fa, has a higher chance.

About Cloud... Braver could get a range boost maybe? Maybe a Speed one too.

VincentCraven

November 25, 2007, 07:58:52 pm #115 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I see your case for Item, but until I find a way to actually do that, we'll leave that on the burner. Oracle will get a boost in MA and possibly CEv.

Braver: probably just a range boost

Asmo X

November 25, 2007, 09:06:24 pm #116 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
About adding extra jobs, it sounds as though it would be pretty damn difficult to expand the job wheel. A sneaky way of doing it might be making some new jobs invite-only with the typical replacement of the Squire. So for example, in some places there might be a random encounter with a unit that has the job "Bandit" instead of Squire. You could technically get as many of them as you like, you just wouldn't also have access to the Squire with those particular units.

VincentCraven

November 26, 2007, 08:54:01 am #117 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Invite only classes sounds pretty good. I'll see what I can do.

Argg0

November 27, 2007, 01:34:25 am #118 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Yeah, I like that idea too.

Only problem would be sprites...

karsten

November 27, 2007, 02:33:00 am #119 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
not a bad  idea... what about putting them in story battle too?