• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:36:20 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

Oh? Then feel free to give me suggestions on how to make her more seductive. Just remember eyes and mouth are as good as it gets.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pickle Girl Fanboy

November 23, 2011, 05:10:09 pm #2122 Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:35:30 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Her expression is what sucks.  Expression is EVERYTHING, emotion is EVERYTHING.  What emotion does she convey in her current form?  To me, she looks like one of those girls from High School who never spoke a single word to you in 8 years, when suddenly stuck near you with none of her friends to talk to.  Not very seductive.

I wanted you to base the sprite off Fairuza Balk and Brittany Murphy because those two women have (had, in Mrs. Murphy's case, since she's dead) incredibly flexible and expressive faces.

An aside: acting actually has more to do with posture and stance - how you move and how you stand still - than just making faces at the right time.  You may wish to change her to a more forward leaning pose, face tilted up - a predatory about-to-leap pose, perhaps with an insane grin like Nancy Downs from The Craft - or make her leaning slightly backwards, head tilted to the side, and half-smirking half-frowning - think damaged-goods/insane-lust-fear-hurt-pain - like Brittany Murphy in that one movie where she says the line, "I'll never te-ell..."

Give me a minute while I google some good pics.

Ignore the excessive pancake makeup (the white shit all over her face)... though succubuseseseseses (*slaps self*) usually were paler than the palette you chose.  To be fair, I could see an alternate succubus palette with very darkly tanned skin, and silverish-blonde hair.  This may seem excessive, but remember that the succubus is supposed to seduce men, so it's okay to be a little excessive (or a lot).

Check out the images below on how to "accessorize" your succubus.  She needs some makeup.  Eye-liner, mascara, pouty lips, and you might want to do they smeared-makeup-fake-tears thing done below.

And you do realize that the Castlevania SOTN succubus was either wearing just a thong, or she was nude and, shall we say, unshaven?

Kagebunji

Yeah, expression is everything, and I tried to make it as much SotN as I could, I had no intention of basing it off those two girls you linked. Believe, I know it way better than you think that emotion is all that matters, and from the many expressions I tried, this one seemed the most fitting, and it will remain like that. I tried different mouths, eyes and shit like that, but this normal one seemed best.

Here you can compare the portraits:
http://spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/cvsotn/sheet/3891

Look though at how many colors SotN portraits use, it's by far more than FFT 16 color limit. The expressions are also similiar, just in SotN her eyes are like half closed, and mouth is at an angle(which I wrote earlier about, it didn't look good). I also could try the pale skin, she also looks like that in her artwork, but damn I want her to look more like Human.

Celdia

Considering the source material, I think her expression is about perfect. She has this sort of tired disdain about her, like she is completely uninterested in the lowly filth presented before her and perhaps even a little offended by such a meager offering of flesh perhaps to the point where it could only elicit a yawn from her at best.

You know, kind of like how I feel about the images of those girls you linked to PGF. :P
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

November 24, 2011, 09:37:09 pm #2127 Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:38:42 pm by Lijj
I'd go for the succubus, I find her much more prurient than the actresses you've posted. Those are not good examples of a seductrice at all; especially the first one, more lake a crazy bitch/goth. I like the pic you posted of Brittany (the second one only), as it looks like a perfectly seductive expression. But I don't see it in any of the other images.

I agree with Celdia about the expression and how it suits her. I'm always attracted to aloof snobs personally, so I want to do it with the succubus more than any of the real girls posted.

GeneralStrife

I think the succubus looks fine, as she is probably snobby in her expression, I think it's more fitting if she 'allures' you with magic and looks, not expressions.

Twinees

Most of the stuff PGF suggested is not possible or would look completely weird on fft portraits. The only thing that has a possibility of looking decent is the eye shadow.

If you wanted to attempt the eye shadow Kage, take a look at how I handled Kratos' tattoos, it could work similarly but you would have to use the hair palette for the eye shadow.

How's the sprite coming along?

Lijj

Quote from: Twinees on November 24, 2011, 11:15:35 pm
Most of the stuff PGF suggested is not possible or would look completely weird on fft portraits.

That too..
Eye shadow reminds me of R999 somehow but it could be alright. Remember how exited he was about that?

Twinees

Quote from: Lijj on November 24, 2011, 11:25:36 pm
Eye shadow reminds me of R999 somehow but it could be alright. Remember how exited he was about that?

Not really, there's not much to be excited about... lmao.

Kagebunji

About make-up stuff, I stil have on my old computer a portrait of Male Time Mage wearing heave make-up, that could help me, heh. Sprite isn't coming along atm, since I want to finish Zelda asap. I will do it after Zelda probably.

RolyTunedIn

wow... there have been a lot of progress done since my last visit lol. your sprites keeps getting better and better.

Kagebunji

Heh thanks man, it's still a long road ahead though. I hope you will get back into it too.

Zozma

where is the sprite for that succubus avatar? it looks so nice...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

December 20, 2011, 08:33:05 am #2137 Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:39:58 am by Kagebunji
I finished Zelda yesterday, and will start submitting her today, Zozma. After Zelda, Succubus is next :D

Edit: Done, Zelda is up!

3lric

Quote from: Kagebunji on December 20, 2011, 08:33:05 am
I finished Zelda yesterday, and will start submitting her today, Zozma. After Zelda, Succubus is next :D

Edit: Done, Zelda is up!

SWEEEET!!!!

Atma

Nice work on the Zelda sprite.  Looks great!   :D
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.