• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:16:18 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Cheetah

What exactly is wrong with the arm animations that the sleeveless ones can't be fixed by changing the sprite type?
Current Projects:

Twinees

here you go Mr.Bunji
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

These arms are straight rip from Ninja, I just recolored them. I am not fan of those either, but this ain't my fault. The arm I had earlier won't work, they are way slimmer than the current Ninja ones, and during walking there is a lot of dark space. I will mess around with placement, but this will surely increase time of finishing this sprite by three or even five times, since I am damn lazy when it comes to arms. I will work obn it a bit later today. Also, thanks a lot, Twin, I knew you had it, since you linked me this long time ago, hehe, this time I saved it for good.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

Some of those portraits are the real deal...is it from that one japanese site? Speaking of the japanese I hope they get that nuclear situation under control..

Kagebunji

Yeah, japanese made those portraits. Every one of those are awesome(with exception of Gabranth, he looks rather bad).

Kagebunji

March 15, 2011, 03:07:05 pm #1825 Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:14:17 pm by Kagebunji
Current WIP of the portrait. I used one of the hairs japanese made, remodeled the angle of face, changed eye, clothes, colors etc. It is stil a WIP, I am posting this just to show progress, and so that you could tell me if I am either on the good or wrong track. Personally I think I should make blonde more yellow-ish, the current ones kinda blend with skin tones, even if not much. I have three colors reserved for reds, that should be enough, I think. And I haven't added bandana yet...obviously.

EDIT: I will have to change the background it seems.

Kagebunji

Yeah, I agree. Wich one do you suggest? I used the one from Sydney, from set Twin posted(btw, we need to talk, Twin :( ). I think of something like Ramzor or Agrias.

Twinees

Agrias' hair colour would work best Kage (with either Agrias' or Ramza's hair colour you could make the eyebrows so they are not gray.. which is good ;)). The hair on the portrait may need a slight alteration to match the sprite, but i like the base you decided to use.
I'll -try- to be on late tonight, hopefully i will see you on then (ps. you could always send me private messages :P).

Kagebunji

Ok, first version. Agrias' colors came out pretty bright as you can see. I also made the bandana and reds. Tell me what you think.

Durbs

March 16, 2011, 08:51:13 pm #1830 Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:48:05 pm by Durbs
Quote from: Kagebunji on March 16, 2011, 11:35:08 am
Agrias' colors came out pretty bright as you can see. I also made the bandana and reds.

I actually liked the old color for the hair a bit more, and I think the reds should be slightly darker. The colors are together a bit overpowering.

Quote from: Kagebunji on March 15, 2011, 03:07:05 pm
Personally I think I should make blonde more yellow-ish, the current ones kinda blend with skin tones, even if not much. I have three colors reserved for reds, that should be enough, I think. And I haven't added bandana yet...obviously.

I disagree. The colors don't really appear to be blending (at the very least, it doesn't seem to be very problematic).

Edit: Actually, I take some of that back. Looking at the sprite preview, that might be the right color, but it is still too bright.

GeneralStrife

Wow agrias' hair color on another port makes me realize her hair is ridiculously bright.

RavenOfRazgriz

Darken the hair some more.  I'm not sure about the red you chose for the clothing/bandana either.

Once you darken the hair, can you place it next to a portrait from the game that has roughly the same color hair?  I'd like to see them side by side.  Something about her hair besides the color looks off and I want to see if it's just me.

Kagebunji

You are right Raven, there IS something more. The angle of hair. I used other face on her, while leaving the hair as it was(obviously, it would make no sense using this hair then). I will try few other blondes today(Mediator, Oracle and Ramza). I will post them all later.

Quote from: Durbs on March 16, 2011, 08:51:13 pm
I disagree. The colors don't really appear to be blending (at the very least, it doesn't seem to be very problematic).

Then save it, and look closer. Some of the hair colors are VERY close to skin colors on palettes.

Kagebunji

Update on this one. Darkened blonde, made hair shorter(I am guessing this was what you meant when saying it doesn't fully match, yes Twinees?).

Lijj

looks better. The only tiny thing is now there's a pixel by her right eyebrow that seems weird. then again she looks kind of expressive... see what others say.

Kagebunji

I see what you mean, I did it cause I thought it will give her more of a angry look, oh well. I will change it back.

RavenOfRazgriz

I don't like the reds used, I'm thinking the shading on her body/bandana might be a bit too flat, but I don't know how many colors you have left to fix that with.

Hair is looking much better now.

Kagebunji

Heh, don't worry, I will change the reds. The current ones were made by me, since I was too damn lazy to look for a nice red color. Do anyone have a suggestion what reds I should use? I thought of Male Knight or Link's palettes that Mav made.

GeneralStrife

Perhaps twinee's updated vincent's reds?