• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

Yup, I will give my all to do this ASAP. Though I am still busy with life and all that, so I can't promise much. Closest long break is in April, this sucks...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dome

Fire emblem <3
Keep up the good work Kage

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

RavenOfRazgriz

The Hector sprite is looking promising, Kage.  As for the palette... you could very easily just make a few palettes, some with the red cape and some using more game-accurate colors.  Since you're only adjusting the cape and armor colors between palettes it's not a huge amount of effort giving him enough of them to cover all tastes.

Twinees

Whether its going to have a red cape or not, its still going to look great Kage.
I agree with Wolfran about changing the purple to a blue. Looking forward.
(Back view cape has little purple pixels at bottom)
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Yes, Raven, but main problem is that cape shares all colors with hair, and if I were to make the cape red, hair would change too. Though this all could be done, if I were to make the armor blue, as was suggested earlier, but I really wanted it to be purple :(

Wolfran

But keep it purple and if you'll do multi-pallete (that will be awesome) you can do it with blue armor. Or we have to wait to Celdia or Lijj to see a mult-pallete version XD
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Ok, cause I want to try out different styles and all this, I made a Fire Emblem style character. Can you guess who it is? Here:

Ventai

I'm gonna guess either Squall or Zack?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Kagebunji on February 11, 2011, 06:55:48 am
Yes, Raven, but main problem is that cape shares all colors with hair, and if I were to make the cape red, hair would change too. Though this all could be done, if I were to make the armor blue, as was suggested earlier, but I really wanted it to be purple :(

Ouch.  There's not much you can do then... though I wonder how he would look with both the red hair and red cape.

I do kind of agree with making the hair tied to the armor, and then making the armor/hair palettes use various shades of blues or light, cool purples.  The hair variance wouldn't be *too* extreme and the cape colors could be played with more loosely.

Nice Zack, by the way.

Kagebunji

Ok, I finished walking frames for Hector. I also have front view frame done. I must know, Jimmy, you made his hair FULLY custom? Or you used some hair as base and changed it? Tell me please what head it was. Here is the progress, feel free to look at walking in ShiShi(cape is all Beowulf, movement and all I mean):

mav

Looks good from where I'm standing. I can't tell where Jimmy got the hair from. I want to say that custom Zack sprite, but I'm not too sure.

Lijj

I don't know FE so I can't judge the sprite, but it's cool to see you doing another style; it's always good to expand. The FFT sprite's looking really nice though.

jimmyjw88

February 14, 2011, 01:04:17 am #1772 Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:34:36 am by jimmyjw88
Looking good, Kage. Well, unfortunately, it's fully custom. What I did is saved your copy and custom made it, based on the reference picture twinees posted. So, the base is from yours. Anyway, looking forward to this.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

As much as I would love to do those heads, it is beyond my doing to make it look all right. I tried doing back frame and side view, but it ended up poorly. So I suggest Jimmy(or someone else who is willing to help) take the sprite and do heads, while I will keep on working on the rest of the sheet, I will paste the heads in later.

Here is the sheet:

Knox

This blue haired protaganist is very promising, the mix of colors is somehow very alluring to me, I will really enjoy seeing this one finished- hopefully if you're planning to go far off from what it is now you'll keep a copy of him as is with the finished cape and everything that'd be a popular one with me at the least.

If i had to point out anything, and im no expert so please don't take offense, but it seems like theres no sharding on his hair in the back view and it looks a weeeee bit awkwardly shaped compared the the other views. This is just my point of view anyhow!
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

Yes, the back hair is entirely copy/pasted from 20YO Male, I was too tired to make it custom. So, will anyone help me out?

jimmyjw88

I'll see what I can do about it, Kage.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Ok, Jimmy, thanks. Also, could anyone post most up to date Hunter sheet, that thing was too far to ditch it :/

jimmyjw88

I tried to blend the blue and purple to add in red but I'm not sure if you'll like it.

C & C

Kagebunji

Bah, I love it! And you managed to stay within 16 color limit? So now we won't be able tu multi-palette it, yes? No problem, I was not intending to palette him, since he is not a generic, heh.