• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Emergence 2 [EN/ES] (PSP) [WIP]

Started by darkskyx, March 11, 2021, 04:23:59 pm

darkskyx

March 11, 2021, 04:23:59 pm Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 08:07:22 am by darkskyx
FFT: Emergence 2 (WIP post)

New characters & sprites, new reworks, new balance, no hard farming... A Vanilla+ experience. Project also translated in Spanish.
This revision project doesn't add any new event story or new battles, but there are A LOT of changes I made up for 2 years.

Project developed with the author's permission of Emergence 1. Let me know if you wanna see some changes in quick reply.
Use Ctrl + mouse wheel to better read this post. Read FAQ to know everything you need. Download attached at the end of the post.

Summary of changes:
- Emergence hackmod as a base for this re-patch, so you can notice the similar changes if you have played that one.
- New fair game rebalance. The most important would be Parry reaction that I buffed a lot. You will notice this in early stages.
- Many reworks of units, some units are completely different. New sprite models & secret characters.
- Every unit will feel coherent and almost everyone will have a huge pool of skills.
- A LOT of new skills! You'll still feel like it's vanilla but with a lot of improved changes.
- (Release patch) Improved descriptions that will make the game more clear than vanilla. 

(If you want to know more about it you can check the next information or go to last patch spoilers)

INFO ABOUT THIS RE-PATCH:
(* New sprite, for male, female or both)
⚫︎ Many reworks and new abilities have been developed to make the game fresh and consistent for each job. Characters are intended to be more powerful than mercenaries... usually.

*Paladin (old Squire): A good starter unit. You will transition into better ones for mid-late game. Agrias is the improved version. It works around Parry, a skill that wasn't used (all weapons were buffed for this change). Now many enemies will use this skill instead of Counter Tackle so Double Wield won't be as good.

*Merchant (old Chemist): Still has everything that our lovely Chemist has, but now has better flexibility. I never liked that this unit name because this unit just used items, so there is a change.

Knight (Soldier in Emergence): Maintains everything that Emergence provided. This unit is now physically so much tankier.

Archer: Maintains everything that Emergence provided. Now has a damage skill.

Monk: A good unit that will scale into a more powerful unit than ever, with AoE damages.

Cleric (W. Mage): Maintains everything that Emergence provided. A good utility unit.

Wizard (B. Mage): Maintains everything that Emergence provided. Now it is a little less oppresive at the start. A good AoE damage unit.

*Mentalist (old Time Mage): This unit is so good at supporting that I delayed it for mid-late stage. Also, the access to Gravity is very powerful for bosses, I kept it but now will suffer without this unit as you won't get it as early. Now has access to shield so it won't be as fragile.

Summoner: Maintains everything that Emergence provided. Fragile unit but good at AoE damages.

Orator: Maintains everything that Emergence provided. Now works with Guns and has Barrage, a powerful long-range damage skill.

*Rogue (Assassin - old Thief): Has everything that Thief has plus Assassination skills. You get this unit when you usually get Ninja. If you like Dual Wield this is the unit you should prioritize to get double weapons.

*Rebel (Varmint/Knave - old Ninja): Crossbow usage. Medium range unit that will be transient. Still has the Throw mechanic (as it is hardcoded and the unit can only learn 4 skills if you want to use another skillset than Throw). The unit has the same dodge as normal Thief.

Mystic: Maintains everything that Emergence provided. You get this unit when you usually get Thief.

*Geomancer: I lowered the damage and I gave this unit some AoE again like the default one. I didn't like that in Emergence this unit was so similar so Rapha/Marach (but they scale better on AoE). Also, damages were OP in early stages and this unit didn't scale with AoE. Now has better weapon flexibility and speed.

*Dragon Knight (old Lancer/Dragoon): Maintains everything that Emergence provided.

*Samurai: Has damage and it's supportive. Very good unit for later stages. Removed AoE Wall (Protect+Shell) as it was too oppressive and easy.

*Math Conjurer (Timespace Mage - Arithmetician): I've removed some very powerful skills from Arythmetics like Holy so this unit won't burst every team and you will able to use earlier. Also has the dummied ability Zero Charge. Have fun with this job.

Bard & Dancer: Maintains everything that Emergence provided.

*Mime: It still works as default but now male has a new sprite & model.

Dark Paladin (Magus in E1, Dark Knight in Vanilla): Maintains everything that Emergence provided. Added a few more skills. Still hard to get as it is hardcoded, you will get it for post-game.

Chocobo Knight (Onion Knight): Now this unit is much harder to get as I intended initially. This is a job that you can't change their sprites so it will only work as a way to obtain some free skills or reactions that I don't want people use to change mechanics of my re-patch, like Equip Guns. I've added some Chocobo skills and a hint to ride Chocobos in their description so it has a better "lore" as a Job. Don't try to rush it, it's not worth it. Also, you get Move+3 once you unlock it as I think it's so powerful with my item changes that gives movement. To make this unit usable I've added the unique skill Aegis.

- New secret characters -

*Vincent Valentine (FF7): Dark Sniper is his job name. He has Sniper skills from Mustadio and some very powerful skills too (if you don't get Magus AKA Dark Knight this unit can be your most powerful damage & support unit). This unit has Gun usage. I also added Cerberus as a buyable weapon (not new sprite, rare Stoneshooter gun has a similar appearance). Obtainable in the mission of Beowulf & Reis in Lionel Castle (if you try to get Byblos you will encounter him in the way, a mission after the dungeon).

*Llyud (FF12): Obtainable in the Construct 7's battle (as it was the hardest I had). I didn't know what to do with this unit, so I gave it some less broken monster skills, not only for damage so he can support. This unit flies, has a little resemblance to Rogue and has the most basic evasion of the game. I made him flexible so you can play him supportive, ranged, medium or short range.

*Fran: Vieras can be assassins in FFTA so I though it was a good idea to use her as an assassin. Obtainable in the same battle as Balthier. She has rogue & archer skills.

- Characters-

Ramza: The unit is still a Dark Knight, but now is much stronger as I gave this unit the reactions from Magus.

Luso: This unit has been converted into an Astrologer with supportive skills from other jobs.

*Melia (reworked from Meliadoul): Occultist is her job name. She has strange Dark Arts. The appareance is a Succubus. I wanted this unit to feel fresh and original. She will use some bosses skills.

Mustadio: Unit similar of an Archer but he uses Guns and can Throw Items. Now has Barrage too to do great damage. Since you get it early I can't make it better. This unit also appears in cinematics so I can't really change him much. It will be your transient Sniper unit until you get Vincent V.

Reis (Human): Pure damage and dragon control. I gave this unit the skill Manaburn that can be useful vs. certain units. Maintains everything that Emergence provided.

Beowulf: I did some changes and this unit now scales better, has damage skills and now has at least a good AoE skill.

Cloud: I didn't do much changes as I think this unit is well balanced.

Construct 8: I added a revive and a few more skills so this unit will feel stronger. Very braindead unit for players that don't want to complicate.

Orlandeau: Powerful & tanky unit that you will use to destroy the mid-late stages. It doesn't scale that well but I think it may be fine.

Agrias: Since you get this unit early she can't be that powerful. She is the best Paladin so use her if you like that job.

Rapha/Marach: Maintains everything that Emergence provided but now they scale better with a few new skills.

Still working on (Patch v1.0+):
Balthier [Sky Pirate]: I guess he is fine as it is. I'm gonna let this unit intact until I figure out what to do with him.

Cancelled:

Red XIII (replacing Byblos): This unit has the most powerful monster skills.

I also tought of including characters from other FF games like Tifa, Cid Highwind, Sephirot, Aeris, Zack, Tidus, Reno and many others but it wouldn't feel as much as a vanilla+ game and at that point it would be a big project. I decided to include Vincent since he is one of my favorite characters, Fran due to Balthier and Llyud because he flies and also he is somewhat unknown. Since I also need to create skills for those characters I decided to use characters that would thematically fit with those skills.

---

- Items: -
· Remember bags have been removed from the game, instead we have a few items that were not obtainable like fell swords and a gun. This is a change from Emergence. I've added just 1 Bag to be buyable and 1 fell word less. I did other changes to balance the damage & block % of the weapons.

Hackmod media info:

(Video zone - coming soon)

Difficulty: ★★★ or ★★★★ / ☆☆☆☆☆ ( ★ Easy ★★ Normal ★★★ For RPG players ★★★★ Experienced on Tactics ★★★★★ Challenging)
Balanced, a little hard overall but you will get more powerful skills than the original game, so maybe it can't be challenging for some very experienced players. The start can be easy for some people (or it can be hard for others) but it will gradually increase the difficulty. It's perfect for some experienced RPG players that have played FFT and wanna play FFT again. The idea is that you won't need to farm a lot. So, overall the grinding has been greatly reduced. You'll farm easily initial skills and you can even have some free skills sometimes for newer units. And all skills/jobs for post-game will be very expensive/hard to get.

I'm looking for testers! If this post (on v1.0+) have many comments that say that I should increase the difficulty then I may try to make a more difficult version. I'll modify stats for enemies (mainly bosses and monsters. But you will need to tell me what you want as I will need all the help from hardcore players. I think I've balanced overall the difficulty from easy early to hard late-game without too much farming, but that can lead to strange play patterns.
(Read known bugs at the end of this post before posting anything)
- Tell me if you found a broken strat and a boss fight was too easy (I know those based on mana shield or reflect, they are fine).
- Tell me if a character or a skill is so much above the rest for the moment that you got it and even since things went in easy-mode, I can delay it or modify it slightly.
- Tell me if you think a story battle is too hard or too easy. Not just easy or hard for you. For example: Low units in a battle compared to yours, so I can add another or add to that boss 20% more HP.
- Tell me what monsters do you think that need stat buffs for late game stages. They don't need to be impossible but easy to step on either.
- Let me know about misplaced text or text that doesn't relate to the character.

Additional info:
Bugs without solution:
- Some skills that damage around while selecting your unit won't show real damage/effect (some will show what effect that ability will have on your unit). For example: Samurai skills. {This is part of the game but I let you know it} AI can make weird plays with those abilities.
- Some skills (like Archer ones) will have a visual bug and you will see the effect or damage 2 times. Don't worry, those skills won't do double damage.
- Zero Change won't work with Knight skills (old Aim archer skills). Try Short Charge instead. {This is part of the game but I let you know it}

Fixable:
- NEW: Visual glitches on animations due to replacement of new characters -> I'll try to fix this in v1.1 with new custom animations. I'll try to fix all the visual issues for v1.1.
- NEW: [From patch 1.03] (Visual) Since Goltanna was fixed in the events and added into the game again to make space for another unit the only way I could fix it was to remove another model/unit, which was DK Argath (that I found weird) but I don't find his linked portrait so I don't know how it works. I used Olan there instead, which can have a wrong portrait. If Argath appears there I can try to fix it using Olan as Argath (but it'd require a lot of event editing that can turn wrong since I don't know much of how guests work) and also Argath can have animations...
- NEW: Name bugs due to how I applied in-game texts wrong. Will be fixed in v1.1 after 2023 summer.

->All beta patches info here<- (v0.1 to v0.99)
Actual Patch:  Patch 1.0x - Date: June 12, 2023
Next one: v1.1

v1.0: All text changes. Official release. Spanish & English patch. I have some things to fix but it is a functional beta.
v1.1: Finishing item changes. Fixing all that I see wrong in the game playing a new run. Basically the final release.

I'll move all 1.0+patches into this post. Beta patches will be no longer downloadable after 1.0 version.

---

✪ Pre-Patch 1.0 (Sprite .ppf v0.99 patch):

▷ Recap:
- Preparing sprite changes & new units.
- General revision of all my changes & every job/character:

▷ Visual changes:
- Swapped Olan & Goltanna (#12E event, unused) sprites.❌
- Added all other sprites (custom & new), listed here:

Vincent Valentine:  Fully done.✔️
Fran:  Fully done.✔️
Llyud:  Fully done.✔️
Blonde Agrias:  Fully done. No portait change.✔️
Melia:  Fully done.✔️
Paladin M:  Fully done.✔️
Paladin F: Fully done.✔️
Merchant F: Fully done. No portait change.✔️
Brown Female Monk: Fully done.✔️
Brown Male Monk: Fully done. No formation sprite change.✔️
Mentalist M: Fully done.✔️
Mentalist F: Fully done. ✔️
Rogue M: Fully done. ✔️
Rogue F: Fully done. ✔️
Geomancer M: Fully done.✔️
D. Knight M: Fully done. ✔️
D. Knight F: Fully done. ✔️
Samurai F: Fully done. ✔️
Rebel M: Fully done. ✔️
Rebel F: Fully done. ✔️
Math C. M: Fully done. ✔️
Math C. F: Fully done. ✔️
Mime M: Fully done. ✔️

Red XIII: Fully done. ❌ Sprite animations were not finished by the original author. Needs testing to see if it's fine so I didn't add it yet.

▷ v0.99 Hotfixes:
- (Items) Bags were not usable: 1 bag added as buyable. Swapped with 1 rare fell sword (#73 & #108). Now there's only 1 buyable (Chapter 4. almost the end).
- Fran character fixes (Skillset, evasion & weapon usage).
- Llyud added in the event (it was Valmafra) instead a random monster (#1D4).

Note: You have an overall explanation about how I did the sprite changes in FAQ new units.

---

✪ Patch 1.0 BETA (PRE-RELEASE)

▷ In-game text changes:

Done (ENG): ✔️Job Names | ✔️ Skillset Names | ✔️ Character Names | ✔️ Item Names | ✔️ Job Descr. | ✔️ Job Requer. | ✔️ Skill Names
Done (ESP): ✔️Job Names | ✔️ Skillset Names | ✔️ Character Names | ✔️ Item Names | ✔️Job Descr. | ✔️ Job Requer. | ✔️ Skill Names

❌ Skill Descr.
❌ Items Descr.
❌ Skillset Descr.

(Not all changes are described)

▷ Skill names:
✔️Shout >> Cheer Up
✔️Breathe Fire(144#) >> War Cry (Shout?)
✔️Stall >> Not Now
✔️Salve >> Assistance
✔️Unholy Darkness >> Darkness
✔️Darkness >> True Darkness
✔️Shadow & Dusk Blade(2) >> Sanguine & Infernal Blade
✔️Vanish >> Shadow
✔️Graviga >> Black Hole
✔️Focus >> Stopga
✔️Aero >> Doom Fist
✔️Quake >> Earthsplitter
✔️Quake(2) >> Earthquake
✔️Crushing Blow >> Dimensional Blade
✔️Shock (Vengeance) >> Gates Of Death/Hell's Gate
✔️Rush >> Focus {new descrip}

? (Monk) Abandon >> Bellicosity

✔️Goblin Punch >> Vendetta
✔️ Sleep Touch >> Poison Combo/Poison Slash
✔️ Spirit Blade >> Swordblade
✔️Zombie Touch >> Dark Resurrection
✔️Fire Anima >> Wind Anima
✔️Dispel (#F4)>> Ultima Dispel
✔️Charge >> Hidden Power
✔️Oily Touch >> Wallga
? Bequeath Bacon >> Wild Hunt
✔️Ice Breath(151#) >> Steal Life {Effect Drain or Drain Touch}
✔️Thunder Breath >> Assassination (Death effect?)
✔️Fire Breath >> Unholy Darkness
? Glitterlust >> God's Blessing
? Karma >> (Dark Blow?/Vengeance/Demonic Blade)

✔️Concealment >> Vanish

All Emergence 1 skill name changes.
(ES) 234-247 ❌
(ES) Other skill names ❌

---

▷ Skillset Names:
✔️Onion Knight >> Chocobo Knight
✔️Agrias Job >> Master Paladin (holy knight in descr.)
✔️Templar >> Mystic Knight
✔️Melia's Arcane Knight >> Heretic, Occultist
✔️Sword Saint >> Master Swordman
✔️Lancer > Dragon Knight
✔️Chemist >> Merchant
✔️Magus >> Dark Paladin
✔️Luso's Job: Game Hunter >> Astrologer
✔️Ramza's Job: Vagrant >> Noble, Heretic, Dark Knight
✔️Squire >> Paladin (+Holy Arts)
✔️Marach Job: Earthseer >> Netherseer
✔️(Ninja >>) Thief >> Rogue (Assassin?)
✔️(Thief >>) Ninja >> Rebel (Varmint/Knave?)
✔️Arithmetician >> Math Conjurer (Timespace Mage?)
✔️Conjurer >> Mentalist (Dimensional Mage?)
✔️Soldier >> Knight
✔️Cloud's job >> SOLDIER
✔️Time Mage >> Mentalist (Can use the power of shields as an spiritual defense)
-
✔️Meliadoul >> Melia
✔️Simon >> Vincent Valentine, Job: Dark Sniper
✔️Valmafra >> Llyud, Job: Harpy
Byblos >> Red XII, Job: Experiment; Great Magicks
✔️ Olan >> Fran (I kept Olan as enemy), Job: Assassin

· Enemies:
✔️Assassin >> Dark Dancer

▷ Item Names:
✔️Stoneshooter gun >> Cerberus

▷ Beta changes:
- Added sprite changes from Emergence 1.✔️
- Sprites added again (For Spanish & English version) ✔️
- Some job tree changes: Added +1 Paladin to some jobs.✔️
- Swapped Olan & Goltanna (#12E event, unused) sprites.✔️
- Testing: Elidibus/Byblos event (#1D9) to change Red XIII sprite. ❌
- Not included before: Marach has Darkness skill.

▷ [v.1 beta 3 ENG Hotfix]:
· Fixed a corruption issue (3 hotfixes for this one).
· Included slowdown removal.
· Oil from Rogue nerfed from 900 to 1500 JP.

▷ [v.1 beta 4 ENG Hotfix]:
· Removed blade skills from Paladin.
· Preview of next patch: Added some balance changes.

---

✪ [Changes intended for Patch 1.0 OFFICIAL ENGLISH RELEASE] 🛠️

▷ Finish every in-game text that I didn't finish last patch:
- Skill Descriptions:
· For all basic jobs: ✔️
· All monsters, enemies & secret characters: ✔️  (I kept all mana costs in descriptions from monsters, if they had so. Monster skills won't have scaling description)
· Other reaction & passive skills: ✔️ (Items: No changes)
* Exceptions: Suffocate (B7), Petrify, Charm, Sleep Touch, Tentacles, Charge, Shadowbind?
- Skillset Descr. ✔️ (Made some in beta ver. but I'm revising it)
- Items Descr. ❌ (Moved to v1.1)
- Put every in-game text change loading a clean ISO again: ✔️
· Added to the ISO:  ✔️ Job & Character Names |  ✔️ Job Descr. |  ✔️ Skillset Names | ✔️ Item Names | ✔️ Job Requer. | ✔️ Skill Names | ✔️ Skillset Descriptions | ✔️ Skill Descriptions
(Monsters were not revised (Job descr. for example) and it will be done in next patch)

▷ Visual:
- Added new title screen, icon & image for the ISO ✔️ (Applied: ❌) {I couldn't, it will be added in a hotfix}

▷ Skill fixes & changes (while revising every skill): ✔️
· Faith % scaling:
- Slow/Haste nerfed from 210 to 200. Slowja/Hasteja buffed -> 210 from 200. Regen buffed -> 220 from 200.
- Oil from Rogue hitrate nerfed: 70%  -> 60% (+Spd).
- Zombie buffed: 16.5 faith scaling from 15.
- Disable nerfed: 18 faith scaling from 20.
· Buff: Range +1 to Mystic skills.
· Odin buffed: Formula dmg from 36 to 38.
· Cyclops: +200 JP +10 MP +1 formula dmg.
· Buff: Added some heal (5%) for some skills of Samurai.
· Bard:
- Life's Anthem & Seraph Song buffed: to 2 speed ticks from 4 (since it heals so little I wanted to buff it).
- Battle Chant, Magickal Refrain nerf: Hitrate to 95% from 100%. Nerf: +2 speed tick.
- Nameless Song buffed: From 65% to 85% to hit, then 25% to inflict each effect. Added Invisible.
- Rousing Melody. Nerfed to 55% from 100%. Buffed: -1 speed tick.
- Finale buffed: +5% hitrate. Nerf: +1 speed tick.
- Nameless Song nerf: +4 speed tick.
· Dancer:
- Forbidden Dance: From 66% to 60% rate hit. Speed tick +1 (to 7).
- Slow Dance buffed: +5% hitrate. Buff: -1 speed tick.
- Last Waltz buffed: +5% hitrate
- Polka, Heathen Frolic nerf: Hitrate to 95% from 100%. Nerf: +2 speed tick.
· Removed Rush from Melia.
· Praise/Preach nerfed from 20 to 16 Bravery/Faith. Enemy skills still makes -20. This is to control better the permanent bonuses and to make it less rewarding for tryhard people.
· (TEST) Demonic Blade: Buffed damage and damage received.
· Magical Bullet: Nerfed from 70 to 65 but added 25% Undead. JP cost from 500 to 1500.
· Climhazzard back to default formula dmg.
· Samurai's Muramasa: Berserker -> Randomly Undead or Doom.
· Math C. (Arythm.) delayed a little. +2 Cleric? (Don't forget to add it in Job. Req. description✔️)

Monsters:
· (Enemy/Ally) Gaffgarion: Drain HP/MP uses same skills. Now uses Unholy Chant & Dark Knight reactions.
· Some skills like Goo buffed. Added more skills overall. More minor changes.

▷ New skills & reworks:
- Discord (old Voodoo) reworked: Zombie Touch: Convert a unit into a zombie that joins your group. Effect: Undead, Traitor. Hit 90% + MA (If it's too broken I can make it maybe only Undead). Weapon Range. Added for Melia, removed Unholy Chant. {Visual effect: ?}
- Life's Anthem (from Bard) also added to Paladin & Balthier. JP cost to 1200???
- Mincing Minuet (from Dancer) also added to Melia & Rogue. JP cost to 1000???
- [ MAYBE I'LL BUFF IT ] Chant from Paladin moved to Dark Knight (back to where it was on vanilla) & Melia. New name: Unholy/Demonic Chant. Chant (persev) effect. Heal an ally by inflicting damage to oneself. (New visual effect: Chant & Squeal swapped). JP cost to 10 from 0.

▷ Palette fixes:
· All palettes from my sprites changed again due to a misunderstanding of how the game works. Added into the ISO. ❌ 
(In the game 4th & 5th palette are the most used for enemies, followed by the 3rd palette. I just tought the 2nd was the most used but it was rarely used)
Done: Rogue F/M ✔️ D. Knight F/M ✔️ Calculator F/M ✔️ Merchant F ✔️ Geomancer M ✔️ Mentalist F/M ✔️ Mime M ✔️ Monk F/M ✔️
Paladin F/M ✔️ Rebel ✔️ Samurai W ✔️

· Some palettes changed in story events, so 2nd & 3rd palettes will be more rare to be seen. ✔️
· Finished male & female rogue palettes. ✔️ (They only had 2. Male now has 3 palettes, female has 5)
· Some palettes were edited for better colors for enemies spritesheets and new accurate portraits. ✔️
- Paladin F/M new portrait edited by me. Spritesheets modified. ✔️

▷ Items:
Since you get 2 Cerberus with Vincent now this gun is not obtainable, you can only try to steal it from other units.
White Staff: Added (cancel) Confuse, Atheist, Charm, Sleep, Immobilize and Disable.

▷ Balance fixes due to my own changes of lastest patches:
✔️ Archer's Salve: It wasn't working as intended since you can't buff + cancel statuses. Now it gives +2 Spd. Changed battle message "Salved" to "Blessed".
✔️ Blind effect was incorrectly adding more effects.
✔️ Unholy darkness was giving Regen and also was in Poison Bow effect.
✔️ Aim Extremity (Leg Shot/Snipe Movement) fixed formula from Separate to random.´
✔️ Change Sleep Touch into another skill: Poison Slash. Added to Rogue. Tentacles monster skill back to default but +1 range (I started to delete monster skills because I didn't have more to freely use). Since there are 2 Tentacle skills, I've just used 1 for monsters.
(Not applied yet each one)

▷ Final changes ideas that required more time:
✔️ Paladin's new dmg skill. Removed repeated skill. (Dance mechanic atm)
Other minimal changes (The rest of ideas were moved to the next patch).

▷ Skillset names:
✔️ Chant >> Unholy Chant
✔️ Byblos Vengeance >> Demonic Blade
✔️ 2nd Bio >> Virus
✔️ 3rd Bio >> Virusga
✔️ Snipe Movement (Leg Shot) >> Aim Extremity
✔️ Snipe Action (Arm Shot) >> Magical Bullet
✔️ Luminaire >> Blaze
✔️Berserker Shot (Rend Magick) >> Divine Justice
✔️ Salve >> Blessing
Dischord >> Zombie Touch
✔️ Snipe Atk/Mag/Sp >> Destroy Atk/Mag/Sp
✔️ Snipe MP >> Spiritual Bullet
✔️ (Non-reworked skills*) >> HIDDEN POWER (Description: Unkwnown skill.)

▷ About text changes:
✔️ Make clear how some skills work in-game. That means to say how much % of inflict status there is or how every skill scales.
✔️ Murasame New effect: Cancel near evil forces. [Confusion, Vampire, Atheist, Undead, Stone, Traitor, Chicken, Toad, Poison, Slow, Doom, Charm, Doom]
✔️ {Make clear that reactions like Archer's Bane uses Bravery as probability} (Something like "Bravery scaling") -> Moved to Br/Fa description
✔️ {Reis skills -> Dragon instead Target}
✔️ {Make clear how Teleport works: Teleport is 100% within the unit's regular move range. It goes down 10% for each square beyond that.}
✔️ {Monk's purification also removes confusion and Time Mage dispels remove defense}
✔️ {Make clear that Monk's Purification Range around is 1}
✔️ {Make clear how evasion/block works on Parry description & Reflexes that is a buff on Evasion rates (double physical and magical)}
✔️ {Make clear that Samurai skill to evade scales with Bravery, and it blocks back attacks unlike other skills that doesn't help from behind}
✔️{Make clear that Steal Life only steals HP from live beings}
✔️ {Remove "Hex magic" from Oil description, make clear that now affects various enemies}
✔️ {Assasination description: Uses a dagger to quickly try to kill aiming for a lethal point of the enemy, but it can miss.}
✔️ {Quick description: "To come more quickly" -> "To come instantly"}
✔️{Make clear on Orator's Praise/Preach that will affect mostly Jobs Reactions} (Increase x boosting mostly their P/M reactions)
✔️ Paladin's Revive: "with a powerful battlecry" -> "by the will of the gods"
✔️{Make clear that Geomancer skills or skills like Blaze/Darkness have hybrid scaling} ("PA&MA scaling")
✔️ {Mystic Immobilize/Disable (#25) add: "and from evading"}
✔️ {Golem: add "scaling with a percentaje of the user HP until..."}
✔️ {Seal Evil Description: Add "Imbue the weapon with a strange fluid to"}
✔️{Darkwave: "to damage all" -> "to damage all enemies in an area around"}
✔️{Flame Shot: add "at a very high speed"}
✔️ {DK Sanguine Sword / Infernal Strike new descriptions and names}
✔️ {Short Charge is 50% less CT. Attack Up is 33% more attack.}
✔️ {Make clear that Praise gives 1/4 permanent faith}
✔️ {Add a hint to ride Chocobos in Chocobo Knight's description}
✔️ {Climhazzard: Fix the description (as default)}
✔️ {Make clear that now the skills from Templar do damage}
✔️ {Samurai's Kiku- (Yumi Bow) descrip: "wreaking havoc..." to "shoots an spiritual arrow with an spiritual bow that pierces the enemies in its path"}
✔️ {Samurai: New descriptions for changed skills}
✔️ {Make clear that you need a sword for all sword skills: "(Sword only)"}
✔️ {Monk's Earthquake: "Hit the ground to conjure up..." Scaling PA, on Tornado: Scaling MA.}
✔️ {Make clear that cleric has a halved attack damage in the job descrip.}
✔️ {Make clear that Samurai uses katanas in the inventory on Draw Out (Laido) description}
✔️ Added Hidden Power name and blank description to unused skills so I can rework each one.
? {Make clear that Allure uses giles to buy that unit (007B)}

▷ Fix all bugs I can, like:
✔️ Crystallization crash. (For text file, not applied yet)

▷ FINAL TEST:
- Last Step: Revision in-game to see if all is fine after patching .ISO file: ✔️ (Hotfix: Patch 1.01)

Note: Since I've made every description in the game very clear, an Excel with all the damage scales for the abilities is not necessary.
I also decided to not make a job requirement image like Emergence 1 since everything is in-game, but I'll try add some stuff like job requirements to the notes too.

---

★ From now on if I make a mini-patch or a hotfix with minimal changes I'll make a new .ppf patch with one increased number.
Example: Patch 1.01, Patch 1.02...

---

✪ [v1.0x Hotfixes & Mini-Patches] 🛠️
▷ v1.01
· Fixes to most general misplaced text in some descriptions.
· Fixes to all Melia's descriptions.
· Added two experimental skills for damage and heal (from dancer & bard) for Paladin as a test.

▷ v1.02
· Balance fixes for the early game:
- Added Revive skill to Delita so you will have easier fights in the early game. Also buffed his HP multiplier so he will not suck as much.
- All enemy males from second battle -> females (they will have less HP so it will be a bit easier as not as tough)
- Sorted Paladin skills so AI will prioritize to upgrade others earlier.
· In-game mini-fix for Female Paladin spritesheet.
· New model & portrait for Buchs (first miniboss). Edit: Portrait doesn't work, btw.

▷ v1.03 
· Added new icons and name of the ISO (you can notice this in PPSSPP emulator for example).
· Swordblade from 150 to 100 JP cost so earlier fights will be easier with Ramza.
· Finally swapped all Rebel & Rogue jobs in battles. (Thanks FFTPatcher for your new update that made this easy)
· In-game mini-fix for Female Paladin sprite for formation screen.
· Changed sprite model from Argath DK event & Olan event.

Testing (these changes got corrupted):
· Added Goltanna again. (Moved to patch v1.05)
· Testing CUSTOM ANIMATIONS. It works! Tested Vincent for it in this mini-patch. I can even fix all the other animations that are wrong but it'll require hard work.
· Testing dialogue changes. It also works! (I got weird errors so I must be prudent with the changes)

▷ v1.04 
· Added Shadowbind (HidPow) to Paladin. New effect: Dmg 15% HP. Effect: Blind, Immobilize. Hit: 63%+MA. Range 5. AoE: 1. JP cost 777. Name not decided
· Removed Esunaga from Paladin. Fixed: Disbelief skill -> Belief. Sorted skills by cost.
· Removed Mincing Minuet from Paladin. It was toxic and enemies were using it early, but it was temporary. Remember Rogue uses this skill.
Added another skill instead: Just damage, WP*PA formula. Name not decided.
· Created a new experimental AoE damage poison skill, added it to Mustadio. 4444 JP cost. Name not decided. Charm name temporarily.
· Poison Slash to 777 JP from 0 JP. Mincing Minuet to 999 JP from 1200 JP.
· Fixed Melia's Zombie Touch as it was not working correctly. (This skill is still experimental). 6666 JP cost. This skill make you recruit everything but those immunes to Traitor (like bosses). It is too broken but a fun skill so here's a high cost. Maybe I will change it for a skill with a dance/pray mechanic.
· Black mage lvl requirement: Added White mage 2. (It was oppressive to have this unit right away and you will use White mage a little)
· Golem: 1000 -> 2000 JP. This is a very broken unfair skill and this change will make the game harder.
· Balthier mini-rework: Removed Shout, Rush & Life's Anthem. Added supportive dance & chant skills to decrease Speed/Magick/Attack. (1 skill still left if I wanna put him a huge AoE skill or a different one)

Items/Enemies:
· Some minor item changes to make the second battle a little bit easier (I still wanted it to be hard but it was very very hard) -> Removed boots from enemies.
· Added Stopga instead Shadowbind for Celie/Lette.

▷ v1.05 - Preparation for v1.1 🛠️

Fixed the following huge bug: Divine arts have a bug in which you can use all skills without buying any. I may know what is is causing this bug as I think some skillsets could be coded as monster skillsets. I'll swap around the skillsets of Fran, Chocobo Knight and Paladin to try to fix this issue. It would make the skillset names wrong but I'll fix it in the next patch that is going to be v1.1, so it is fine.

Note: I'll add a preview of this patch for those who are starting a new game, even if the names of the skillsets will be wrong.
------
· New skill: Shadowbind reworked into Atomic Blast. New formula, same as old Rapha/Hydra random fire skills but +2 AoE, 99 vert. +1 Stop effect (Separate) and min. formula damage. MA scaling. Evadable. New JP cost: 2222 JP. Only hits enemies. Shoots 20 spells in a wide area. {It covers a wide area and it can miss, also it is based on magic so it won't be as good as it seems for the early game but good enough to have an AoE skill for a starting unit}
· Paladin MA/lvl impedance buff: From 40 to 34.
· Geomancer HP impedance: From 13 to 8.
· Arithmetician HP growth from 85 to 90. Buffed some HP impedance of some units without armor: -1.
· Since Life's Anthem & Mincing Minuet are buffed: 1 MP every use.
· Since you can get Life's Anthem too early: JP cost to 1999 JP from 1500 JP.
· Embrace (temp name): Mana cost to 5 from 1. Belief mana cost to 5 from 10.
· New skill for Paladin: Tentacles reworked into: Shadowbind, skill dmg 20% max enemy HP. Hitrate: 80%+MA. JP cost: 777. Removed from Llyud.
· New skill: Gore reworked into the skill formula I had for Level Drain (read it in old patches if you want to know what it does). Removed Shirahadori, now Reflectable. Added to Llyud.
· Disbelief (Doubt) added to Rogue. {I forgot to do it}
· Due to changes of Paladin and this job now having passive defense boost and more utility: Paladin is too good and Knight is worse than intended. Paladin to 150 HP & Knight to 155 HP multiplier from 160 & 150. Knight HP impedance: 9 from 11. Paladin: 10 from 7. {Knight should be now the most tanky unit of the game if you add another good passive reaction}
· Removed Zombie Touch from Vincent. Removed Lich from Summoner and Dark Knight. Now Lich is exclusive for Vincent.
· Charm removed from Mustadio. Added to Vincent instead. JP cost to 500 from 4444.
· Added unlocked Dark Knight to Vincent instead Mime. Added unlocked Onion Knight for Beowulf (2nd version). Added unlocked Dancer for Fran instead Lancer. Added unlocked Bard for Balthier instead Monk. Added unlocked Mime for Llyud. {You'll have to play the game again for these changes if you are in post-game}
· Added Almagest to Dark Knight {I wanted to give this unit a similar skill but since it is repeated by a monster skill I'll add it instead}, removed Vendetta {This unit has a better version of that spell}.
· Melia's Zombie Touch moved to Byblos. JP cost to 0.
· New controllable monster replacing Reis (dragon form). Permanent Guest unit? {I hope there are not bugs in any Reis mission). You can get it in last Deep Dungeon battle for the moment. Random name.

Redone due to corruption on v1.03 patch:
· Lost change from old patch: Added Goltanna model again. Swapped model of original Olan with Argath-Deathkight-, removed Argath-Deathkight- model (All the units changed will have their name wrong until v1.1). Goltanna will show right in the story events. {I can add a new Argath palette in the future instead of DK model that felt weird.}
· New: Argath DK now replaced correctly into Argath model instead Olan. Added a new palette.

Monsters:
· Hydra Tri-Flame and Tri-Thunder. 3 times -> 6 times.
· Dark Whisper: 6 times -> 9 times. All Hydra skills are not evadable (it didn't change). Those skills and Dark Whisper fixed: 99 Vert.
Note: This 99 vert change makes Hydra skills function properly and to not be broken when it has -1 range (you could do 6 hits on a enemy with Dark Whisper). As it may fail more on empty squares, compensated by buffing damage and/or number of shoots.
· Level Drain back to default formula as it was requested.
·
· Changes to Holy Dragon events. Holy & Dark Dragon mixed in 1 unit.
· Added Divine Ultima to Byblos.
· Beak removed, added instead Petrify. Other monster changes.

Visual:
· Changes to some skill effects.
· New palette for Reis dragon form & Dark Dragon.

Bugfixes:
· Not done yet: Due to a visual change, Atomic Blast is not working as intended.
· Fixed some Unit IDs from all the new units of my hackmod, mainly Fran. {Maybe this is why some of my units disappeared}
· Vincent didn't have 2 Cerberus.

(More soon)

- Hotfixes/Changes moved to patch v1.1 -
· Fixes to the bug of japanese names of 2nd battle (I'm not sure if you would need to start the game again).
· Fixes for cutscenes and dialogues of first two battles. (I got it to work!)
· Vincent has a wrong name. I think somehow I forgot to make some changes for the names of the units when I did v1.0!
· Rebel description is wrong. As well as Holy/Dark Dragon descriptions.
· Added unlocked Chocobo Knight to Celestial Knight.

---

[Changes intended for Patch 1.1+] 🛠️

- Added all patch notes & job requirements to the .zip file. ❌

- Revise again all beta changes so see if I missed something ❌
❌ Revise damage from Ultima & Divine ultima.
- Revise Ultima boss fight and each skill.
- Due to how I replaced Rogue & Rebel, Ninja/Thief needs to be swapped in all ENTD battles/events. (Maybe moved to next patch)
{All hydra skills need description changes. Dark Whisper had wrong description because it shoots 6 times}
- I need to re-watch all changes I did from "growth" to "impedance" and play the game again.
- All Jobs stat scaling
- Monster stat scaling
- Some final job tree changes and minor changes. Cleric & Arythm revision:
· Revise items from Cleric.
· Revise power from Arythm.
- Test Bylos & Altima battle. Check out late-game.

- (IDEA) Change Byblos into Red XIII? Obtainable on Byblos' vanilla battle.
- (IDEA) Include a Reaver/Apanda instead Byblos to be a Guest for all of the battles, but it will have other Apanda skills). You won't be able to recruit this unit. Name: Reaver/Apanda. It would require to erase another monster or boss. Or maybe I could also include another recruitable monster with a lot of skills adding Serpentarius in a blank unit instead [Experimental]. Edit: There are 2 Dragon units and maybe I can add a new monster there.
- (IDEA) Can Materia Blade be used for making a skill only viable with that weapon or maybe change it visually? I may use it for Vincent?

▷ New skills & reworks:
- [ IDEA ] Melia's Cursed Reconstruction reworked. New name: Day of the Dead (#B7 suffocate): Now heals 15%? but hits everyone. Still effect Berserk + Zombie. Chant (persev) effect. JP cost to 3000??? (Effect: Glitterlust??)
- [ IDEA ] Hidden Power (B6?) reworked: moved to Paladin. (Effect: Suffocate) Dance mechanic? {New persev. skill also for Bard & Dancer? Hit everyone?}
- [ IDEA ] Change Petrify into another skill (->B5<-/BB) Only bosses and Celia/Lette seems to use it.
{Maybe it is fine to keep it as it is since this skills makes it hard to fight against them.}
- [ IDEA ] Tentacles (11D) as new skill. Heal with status effect? (Formula 4B/35) for Paladin & Llyud.

▷ Skill names:
Glitterlust >> Holy/God's Blessing??
Embrace >> ??
Tentacles (HidPow) >> Shadowbind
Shadowbind (HidPow) >> Atomic Blast
Charm >> ??
Charge >> ??
Vampire (11C) >> ??
Pickaxe (140) >> ??
Bite (113) >> Dimensional Blade
Dimensional Blade >> ?? (Beack effect)
Beak (132) >> Black Hole
Bequeath Bacon >> Wild Hunt

▷ Job/Skillset names:
Dark (& Holy) Dragon >> Transformed/Shapeshifted Dragon (new descrip. needed)
Holy Dragon >> Celestial Dragonkin (new descrip. needed)

{Visually swap some effects of the skills for Rapha, Marach and Luso to be coherent?}
{I can make elemental changes like: Monster units that fly will halve earth damage, heavy units will halve wind damage}
{I made axes forced 2 hands so maybe I should buff more Weapon Power or give PA buffs (no Concentration buff). Bags will also be buffed a little because they do RNG damage too}

---

Special thanks (to sprite authors):
Watch/DL portrait sprites here! (Part 1)
Watch/DL portrait sprites here! (Part 2)
Watch/DL spritesheets here! (Part 1)
Watch/DL spritesheets here! (Part 2)

My idea was to change every weird/ugly/inconsistent sprite model that the game has and I've added later some new cool characters:

-Drunkard's Sprite as Rogue (Thief). [I've added new palettes done by me]
Parts: M Ranger from Kagebunji / Concept by Twinees, M Rogue by R999 /  Lijj, and Xeldoran's M Chemist's legs.
Avatar/Portrait sprite used from Mograine_D.
· Mime male: From this message [Palettes edited a little by me] - by Seushiro.
· Fran as a new unit (swapped with Olan and replacing an unused unit). From this post - By Valkirst.

- I've used these sprites from Journey of The Five:
· Dragoon F/M as D. Knight [5th palette used - Palettes edited a little by me] - by Twinees
· Rogue F/M as new Ninja F/M (name: Rebel?) [1st Palette used] - by R999 / Port by Lijj
· Geomancer M as Geomancer M [4th pallete used - Palette edited a little by me] - by Lijj
· Samu F as Samurai F [3rd palette used] - by Lijj

- These sprites from this site:
· Paladin F/M as Squire F/M (maintain Paladin name) [Palettes edited by me - Female boots fixed by me] - by Lijj, Twinees
· Female Alchemist as Alchemist F. - by Choto, Square-Enix
· Vincent Valentine as a new unit (replacing unused Simon) - by Twinees
· Melia (Succubus model) as Meliadoul (Occultist [Dark Arts] job) - by Kagebunji, Twinees
· Enchanter F/M as Calculator F/M [5th palette used] - by Celdia, RavenOfRazgriz, Square-Enix
· Llyud as a new unit (replacing unused Valmafra). Palette by mav [3rd palette used] - by Twinees
· Red XIII as a new unit (replacing Byblos) - by Twinees
· Mentalist F/M as Time Mage F/M [Added a little more blue color to male] - by Lijj
- Female Mime was already changed in FFT Emergence 1 - by Lijj.

Others (vanilla edits):
- Meliadoul as Female Rogue (Thief) [Edited by me - Finished all 5 palettes].
- Agrias: Now the model sprite is blonde. [Palette changed by me]
- Female Monk: Now brown skin. [Palettes changed by me]
- Male Monk: New portrait/avatar. [Palettes changed by me]

I give permission to edit or use the vanilla sprites that I have edited. I only ask for a proper credit like I also did.

----
The project is almost finished, with sprite changes done. If you need other kind of information or feedback please let me know. You can freely DM me.
Everything you need to know is inside the game. Remember Emergence 2 works on an EUR ISO.

I recommend you to start a new game after v1.1 because I will fix some issues.
All downloads were moved to →→ this post ←←
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

blood_falcon

@darkskyx So far I have been really liking your work on Emergence. Btw, could you buff a bit of Malak's Earthseer's skills. Because the late enemies, have high Brave but low Faith and he is less useful than Rapha who managed to do 999 damage with her Skyseer abilities.

darkskyx

July 05, 2021, 08:43:40 pm #2 Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 10:58:59 am by darkskyx
Removed from my original post (Outdated info/Not needed):

(Better display at version 1.0)
- Some underpowered jobs buffed: Flexibility! Many jobs have access to other weapons: Chemist to guns... Thief to Crossbows... Samurai, Ninja and dancers to bows...
- Ninja rework: Assassin. Very flexible unit (range or melee), now it has have skills to hide and assasinate units; works around Speed. Throw skills went to Onion Knight. [Patch 0.6]
Even this unit can be very powerful, it can't kill any bosses & can still work vs some mini-bosses. I'm thinking to give this unit an skill with area of invisibility. [Patch 0.97]
- Squire rework: Paladin (A Paladin's Apprentice). Now works like a true paladin/squire! Uses Parry. Adds protection to the allies, and have some damages too. It works around low HP too like Dark Knights. [Patch 0.8]
- Monk rebalance: Monk skills usually start with low range then high range, so don't usually use many of their skills. Now works like this: You have access to medium range skills that do lower damage then close skills that do great damage and then you get some very good long range skills. [Patch 0.9+]
- Samurai rebalance: No more access to Protect+Shell on all your team. You only have 1 way to make your team Protect+Shell and will be with Purple Magicks, waste 2 turns for it or having lucky with RNG (with Bard, Astrologer, etc). Buffed a little as compensation.
- Rebalanced gameplay experience that feels fair and will make viable characters you usually left behind in the early game and others better later. (For example, Cleric & Wizard have less AoE on initial skills, Enchanter now have more ways to survive, Orator have utility and damage... Other worse options for jobs were buffed on stats growth.)
- New job tree around damage/weapon types. It's still intuitive, but the numbers are balanced around how powerful is the unit & when you should get it. Jobs like Onion Knight and Arithm. are more easy to get, while others are still delayed.
- JP Rebalance: Some JP cost for initial skills are down, so you will feel better when you get a new job and you don't have to grind at all. Cost up on some brutal skills.
- Fixed broken interactions of the original Emergence patch, like some setups that destroys the early game, like very hard fights without some accessories (some battles vs Some bosses or Archers were broken on early-midgame. I had an incredible hard battle for some stages because the units lacked ways to counter their strategies or they had skills with just pure damage). You can still get powerful units and battles on later stages.
- A few new skills replacing others I found redundant. Some skills got a new damage formula.
- On version 0.9+ the jobs are re-touched to make a good fantasy of their playstyle and I've added new passives (innate skills) that makes the game different. I did add even more skills to some Jobs and the stats were changed to differentiate better between tanky units and non-tanky units (supports & mages mostly).
- Revision of all unique characters. New skills added to them, making them a better version of other general units. Better approach to Beowulf, Luso, Mustadio, Agrias...´
- Byblos rework (is getting a rework soon, so:) It will feel like a pseudo-blue mage. The only unit to have many monster skills. Your GOOD skill-based monster unit.
- Luso re-touch: As it is the main protagonist job, I gave Dark Knights more tools, so they will have the same passives than Dark Paladin (Magus). Be careful vs them!
- Many changes that inherently have sense, mainly around elemental power. Like Earth halved on monsters that fly. Some weapons are buffed with elemental stats too.
- Visual changes that makes the abilities have more sense.
- Meliadoul rework: Occultist. A unit that will use some obscure skills. I also tought to add the sprite from Vincent Valentine to this unit.

And I'm still not sure about this one:
Harder version: Monster & bosses changes, maybe more. (On my second playtime at version 1.0)
I'm working on a revision of a hackmod that I liked but I feel it lacked some changes. The author gave me permission to do it and I feel it's even a better experience overall.

I've tried to rebalance the original patch, remake a lot of units, make a lot of new skills & give it a fair scaling difficulty. This re-patch is a Vanilla+ hackmod, so don't expect a full visual rework of everything even if I reworked many things.

I've been working on this since November 2020 and I will do a post on "Completed mods" it on version 1.0, when I will do an official release with ALL text changes. (or ask a mod to change the article's board)
Check it out all beta changes (optional)

Once I finish my patch and the 1.0 version is uploaded, I won't make more in-game text changes. I will still be able to patch things like increase/decrease stats, change skill trees or remove skills for a hard mode, let shirahadori counter more skills...
- I'd like to change the sprite of my units (at least Squires).
Edit: I've figured out how to do it. I'll make that changes on version 0.99 or 1.0 - I guess.
- I'd like to put in my re-patch this hack code, this other and another useful ones. I'm trying to apply but I think it doesn't work.
Edit: Looking at info of the forum, it seems that is really hard to put ASM hacks on the PSP version. Maybe on the future it's possible.
I took a look to the Excel that comes with the patch, so I got some early ideas to make the rebalance:
-I'd rebalance in general the job system around job types by damage type or utility. I don't think it's a good idea to separate between tiers, some jobs have a bad late game.
-I want a ninja rework. So I'd remove the ability of the ninja of throwing weapons, 'cos to me that's stupid... Id' add some damage skills to ninja job or I'd just change the skills overall (I always disliked playing as a Ninja in the vanilla version because it had weird skills). I liked more the version of the Ninja in FFTAdvance with status ailments (but the Archer have it in this version so that's unnecessary). One idea I had could be to make the job more difficult to get and just let it be a Master Tier rank with better stats & could use many weapons. Idk...
-I feel like Thiefs could use crossbows and maybe bows too, while Ninjas could have a different approach. I remember when I played vanilla ver. I usually just got Ninja to get Dual Wield and that's all. And this is pretty obvious, but thematically Ninjas have the art of using any weapon like Onion Knight does (most of them), while Dual Wield is more of a Samurai thing.
-Looking at Soldier I think that job needs to be better, but I don't know how to do it, maybe just a buff on stats.
-I like Magus but I think it needs some skills (I'd say more M+P skills to Magus maybe? an utility one?)
-I'd like to change some in-game texts even for Jobs, like the name for Chemist that is now Merchant (makes more sense to me).
For patch 0.8+: I'm gonna change some requirement jobs. Maybe I should swap the ones from Samurai to Onion Knight, and maybe to get Samurai once you master Monk and Soldier (like you unlock Magus once you master Wizard and Geomancer but not that hard). Also, I could add some points in Archer to get Samurai because thematically Samurais use bows too.
-Maybe I'll add more requeriment points to Dancer and Bard, testing trying to rush that jobs I'm so OP. Arythmetician feels more balanced than expected with some changes (you need to learn some skills to make this viable, the job doesn't have that much MA multiplier and also you will hit to less enemies most of the time), so I will put less requirements to get that job. Squires now needs protective spells (because I moved their skills to other jobs).
-I'm trying to give Squire a clear parry role. I've tried to add innate reactions like Archer's Bane to Squire instead innate Parry skill but it doesn't work with other reactions like Counter (so I might buff other aspects of the Squires}. The idea is that they parry attacks and maybe evade arrows.- So the best way to kill Squires will be with Magic. But only 1 reaction can work at the same time so I'm gonna buff other weapons.

Discarded ideas:
-Move geomancer to tier 1 and monk to tier 2. (Maybe move lavawalking and waterwalking from Samurai to Geomancer, makes more sense to me). But maybe I need to nerf Geomancer and I don't like that... I like how Geomancer is buffed in this mod.
I think this could be better because if you have a physical and magical unit, you can master Geomancer (that I think it should be an early unit) so you can then get Magus. And also there is the option to go to the physical route, so you will get Monk and then Mime. Another idea I have is to just separate Monk from Geomancer, I think they are 2 different classes and Geomancer looks like an hybrid version. In the vanilla version, I always felt like I play Geomancer too late (while Monk was too OP)... so I think I could update this mod just for fun, also with changes for late game.
- Ninja evasion changes. Ninja and Thief will have Innate Reflexes but won't be able to use the command Defend. Understand that Defend increase chance x2 to evade an attack and their turn will come faster. I've done this to not allow ultra high evasion rates, but they still will be able to counter attacks (I guess).
-Testing to make Geomancer a late game unit that hits in area of 3 (like Summoner and Wizard}; the problem with this unit is that it is so good at the start but scales bad due to the how the formula works (scale with PA and MA, not really with weapon damage), so to let the unit scale better I need to buff damage while making AoE hit hard. Maybe something like Damage formula +3, so much harder to get & AoE +2. Maybe I can still make it a semi-tank unit that is good on midgame, harder to get but with more AoE than now.
- Many testing innate skills, like adding Atttack Up (Boost) to Agrias as innate. (But adding damage usually destroys they early game, so I prefer to buff defense).
- Added innate Doublehand to Lancer (maybe I need to nerf early damage from this Job because of this and buff PA scaling on later stages).
- Make a Yumi (Combat Bow) for Samurai? {Idk how. I've tested it and each weapon is coded like the item type stays the same}. Now only displays into Kiku's description.
- Byblos' Manaburn -> Crystal Resurrection, fully revive an ally even as a crystal {It would be cool that he'd use half of his HP} Since this unit is so simple, it would be good that can be the unique unit that resurrects crystals. [IT DIDN'T WORK]
- [ IDEA ] Agrias God's Blessing reworked: Chant (persev) effect. Hitrate: ?? %. (Effect: Belief (Faith) or Return (Map)?? )
- Anima skills: "Throw several elemental spirits in an area that can hit or miss" RNG 1-10
- Discarded due to a bug of the game (Ninja can't have more than 4 skills): New skills for Ninja: Ice/Wind/Thunder/Water anima.
-Possible skill added to Ninja/Thief; name: Bomb blast. (Effect: #1CB mini explosion) instead ???? skill.

- There is a limit of 4 skills on Ninja's skillset. I think this is due the fact that Ninja is hard coded. If I don't find a fix... I tested until I was tired and I didn't find any solution.
-Ninja's Throw is hard coded so I can't put it on Onion Knight that was my initial idea.
-One of my initial ideas was to put innate Parry to Paladin (old Squire) but it is bugged as you won't able to use one more reaction. This made the balance weird as I wanted to give a passive reaction for each unit but I had to give instead support abilities that were not bugged. Movement reactions are also not bugged.
(Outdated - This only work with .fftpatch files)
To patch you need to use FFTPatcher lastest version, you can get it from here. It's very simple to use. You can also use it to edit patches.
You need to apply the .fftpatcher patch in an existent Emergence ISO to re-patch it (right now it is the best way). So basically you need to re-patch it on an patched Emergence ISO.
If you patch from my beta version(s), keep in mind that all in-game text changes are not done yet (I'll work on a .ppf when all my changes are done in version 1.0).

⚫︎ New names for jobs have been updated to the jobs I tought they need it, to make the game consistent:
- All Job name list: Paladin (reworked, replacing Squire), Merchant (replacing Chemist), Archer, Knight, Monk, Cleric (White M), Wizard (Black M), Summoner, Rebel/Rogue (reworked, replacing Thief/Ninja), Mentalist (replacing Time Mage), Geomancer, Orator, Dragon Knight (Dragoon/Lancer), Samurai, Math Conjurer (Arithmetician), Bard, Dancer, Mime, Dark Paladin (Magus/D. Knight), Chocobo Knight (Onion Knight).
- All Character name & Job list: [IMAGES SOON]
Cloud: SOLDIER
Vincent Valentine: Dark Sniper
Melia (Meliadoul rework): Occultist
Agrias: Master Paladin
Templar >> Mystic Knight
Orlandeau's Sword Saint >> Master Swordman
Luso's Game Hunter >> Astrologer
Mustadio: Sniper
Ramza's Job: Vagrant >> Noble, Heretic, Dark Knight
Marach Job: Earthseer >> Netherseer
(...)

-

Quote from: blood_falcon on June 28, 2021, 09:05:18 pm@darkskyx So far I have been really liking your work on Emergence. Btw, could you buff a bit of Malak's Earthseer's skills. Because the late enemies, have high Brave but low Faith and he is less useful than Rapha who managed to do 999 damage with her Skyseer abilities.
Sure, I can. I still didn't reach that very late game stage so I couldn't figure it out. I will keep that in mind. I recently got Meliadoul and I still didn't get Cloud nor Byblos, that's where I am actually. Let me know if you want more changes about what you feel is useless, unbalanced or that could be changed.
Additionally, in term of stats I can easily buff or nerf some characters stats instead of skills. That's more easy to me. Marach is more physical so maybe I should buff even more his physical stat scaling.

Edit 4th April 2022: Stats scaling from both were reversed due to how growth is not really growth in FFTPatcher... I did change that and it will be released in patch 0.98

blood_falcon

Thank you for replying bro @darkskyx. If you can, please do not remove Zero Charge from your mod. That passive ability is rad. And I kinda hate it, that we need to charge magic, Cloud's Limitbreak, et cetera, in this game. For me, that is one of big turnoffs of the game because even magics in Tactics Ogre do not need charging except special attacks.

darkskyx

September 24, 2021, 12:29:47 am #4 Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 02:49:37 am by darkskyx
Quote from: blood_falcon on July 09, 2021, 10:39:32 pmThank you for replying bro @darkskyx. If you can, please do not remove Zero Charge from your mod. That passive ability is rad. And I kinda hate it, that we need to charge magic, Cloud's Limitbreak, et cetera, in this game. For me, that is one of big turnoffs of the game because even magics in Tactics Ogre do not need charging except special attacks.
Yes, don't worry. Maybe it's too powerful but I kinda like the idea for that post-game.
I need to ask you something... Have you find any bugs with my re-patch? Because I've been replacing my save data and now I can't buy some items like bags (weird). That's the most notable bug I have in my save file. There are other visual bugs for the damage dealt on some abilities but those bugs were already in the original patch because how the game works and I can't fix it.

And more info about the project: I will try to update this re-patch again. I've used to play FFT on my free time but I didn't play it back for like 2-3 months. I've been making changes everytime after playing the game for some hours. When I finish my version I will try to ask a friend for the power level on different stages so the final version I think it will be polished. I actually like the direction of my changes but I'm need some feedback about overpowered/underpowered mechanics.

-

Patch 0.8 balance idea (Magus didn't really was that early):

blood_falcon

I think for the time being, there is no bug that I have encountered. Please continue your work bro. I love it very much.

phurgawtin

November 16, 2021, 09:15:49 am #6 Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 02:56:24 pm by phurgawtin
Squires are able to use moves that they do not know. This affects player and enemies.

Agrias, Ch4 Ramza, and Ninja have abilities in their list that they aren't able to use. (Most of the sword moves, thunder breath, etc.)

Even with Geomancer 7, Wizard 7, Squire 5, 20+ kills, wasn't able to unlock the Magus class. (Even tried save editing to give myself master Monk and master Wizard just in case there was something in the programming of Emergence that didn't get overwritten. Didn't unlock the class for me.)

phurgawtin

November 17, 2021, 03:45:49 pm #7 Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 08:44:06 pm by phurgawtin
<Removing. Updating to the most recent patch fixed the issue>

darkskyx

November 27, 2021, 05:20:10 am #8 Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:49:23 am by darkskyx
Quote from: phurgawtin on November 16, 2021, 09:15:49 amSquires are able to use moves that they do not know. This affects player and enemies.
Agrias, Ch4 Ramza, and Ninja have abilities in their list that they aren't able to use. (Most of the sword moves, thunder breath, etc.)
To use a sword skill... you need a sword. I mean, your unit needs one. I will make clear that kind of things when I will make my in-game text changes.
Remember some skills don't really make the effect that you see in-game as it is a beta re-patch.

Sometimes I change the position of the skills as I'm doing experimental changes all the time. This affects players that play this beta re-patch but it won't affect players that start a new game when my 1.0 version will be released.  Maybe you have a weird bug but that doesn't happen to me, but I don't think so.

Ninja has a known bug, I can't make that job have more than 4 skills. And I think that's due to some internal code I can't change.
Remember "Thunder Breath" is still not named and it is a skill that kills a target. It won't work on some undead units and you can't use that skill on some bosses as they are immune to KO. For me it works fine.

There could be bugs as I made many changes but keep in mind that I still didn't make the in-game text changes. Keep updating as I may fix some bugs, and maybe you will find new ones for more and more updates (I did lost a few units for example). If you have trouble understanding something please check out the changes of the patch. If you think there is bug let me know.

Quote from: phurgawtin on November 16, 2021, 09:15:49 amEven with Geomancer 7, Wizard 7, Squire 5, 20+ kills, wasn't able to unlock the Magus class. (Even tried save editing to give myself master Monk and master Wizard just in case there was something in the programming of Emergence that didn't get overwritten. Didn't unlock the class for me.)
Maybe there is a bug with Magus class but since I didn't get it I don't know if there is one. Let me know if that problem persist. Try a save of a completed game with many levels and all skills. I didn't do it but if it's a bug I can try to see where is the problem.
If you don't have any save, remember you need have all their skills & kill +20 enemies but they need to be crystals to count as a kill. In my re-patch I didn't get that job because I'm more high on lvl because I've tested too much on battles. Since it is not hard to level up your JP and you will be strong, you can't get that job so easily... At least that's why I think it might be happening if you are playing since the start (Once I finish all my changes and test again my re-patch I can make a more difficult patch to make some enemies stronger so Magus can be "unlocked" earlier). Oh, and I've updated the Job tree, it was from some patches ago.
If the problem persists, I'll try to give DK a requisite of lvl 8 to Wizard and Geomancer because maybe the games have some internal code and you need to be Master of 2 jobs.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I have found the problem and I explained it on my next comment.

------

Since the final version 1.0 is close, I'm gonna start making updates in this topic:
I've uploaded an early access version of patch 0.97.

darkskyx

November 29, 2021, 02:58:36 am #9 Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 12:01:12 am by darkskyx
Quote from: phurgawtin on November 16, 2021, 09:15:49 amEven with Geomancer 7, Wizard 7, Squire 5, 20+ kills, wasn't able to unlock the Magus class. (Even tried save editing to give myself master Monk and master Wizard just in case there was something in the programming of Emergence that didn't get overwritten. Didn't unlock the class for me.)

I'd been looking for a fix for this problem today and reading some comments from the Emergence post & info from the DK on the Wikia I think I found the problem, and yes... It was my fault by my own changes.

The Dark Knight (Magus) job has an internal code so you will only get that unit when you have mastered Knight (Soldier in Emerg.) and Black Mage (Wizard in Emerg.), and that's hardcoded.

My changes were that you could get Magus with 7-7 requirement levels on Black Mage (Wizard) & Geomancer (just to get it faster for me to test it, my intention was to give this unit even more requirements). But even trying to give this unit 8-8 levels, it wouldn't matter because the game has that internal code. The way the author of Emergence fixed it to change the Mastered units, was to replace Soldiers by Monks. So to fix this, I need include a requeriment to master Monk, so the final job tree would be a Mastered tier for Monk & Wizard and then a lvl 7 of Geomancer.

I will release a fix for this problem on patch 0.97. Thanks for your message.

darkskyx

Update: I've uploaded the patch 0.97
I'm doing changes while playing and I got Cloud & I just have played vs. Adrammelech. I guess the end is near.

blood_falcon

Quote from: darkskyx on December 17, 2021, 02:58:26 amUpdate: I've uploaded the patch 0.97
I'm doing changes while playing and I got Cloud & I just have played vs. Adrammelech. I guess the end is near.

Thank you. Waiting for Ver 1.00

blood_falcon

@darkskyx Maybe you could contact the creator of Valhalla Editor for this issue

- I'd like to put in my re-patch this hack code and other useful ones.

If you wanna help me with these issues please PM me, I have no idea.

blood_falcon

darkskyx

April 04, 2022, 04:30:01 am #14 Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 11:20:25 pm by darkskyx
Quote from: blood_falcon on December 20, 2021, 12:55:59 am@darkskyx Maybe you could contact the creator of Valhalla Editor for this issue
"
- I'd like to put in my re-patch this hack code and other useful ones.
"
Don't worry, I figured it out. PSP version is weird for hacking tools, so there is not a good tool for some changes. And I found a way to change sprites/palettes.

Quote from: blood_falcon on March 21, 2022, 12:17:28 am@darkskyx Is there any progress for 1.00 bro?
I think I am going to rush 1.0 version when I finish all skills by testing each character. Then I will officially release the re-patch and ask for testers to let me know what they think about every stage, if they think everything is balanced...

I guess it's close -a few months if I give the project more time- but I'm not sure since this is a project I do in my free time (and I have other things to work on, this is low priority right now). I wish it could be easier to make but for PSP is hard to do.

Keep in mind that I have to do all the in-game text changes on 1 day, and I will do a Spanish & English version at the same time... I will work on that several hours, maybe days.
And I guess I am going to make a patch today if there are enough changes.

Update: I've uploaded a preview of the patch 0.98.

darkskyx

April 13, 2022, 01:06:44 pm #15 Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 03:48:18 am by darkskyx
I have some news for known bugs, check out the first post.

Quote from: phurgawtin on November 16, 2021, 09:15:49 amSquires are able to use moves that they do not know. This affects player and enemies.

Even with Geomancer 7, Wizard 7, Squire 5, 20+ kills, wasn't able to unlock the Magus class. (Even tried save editing to give myself master Monk and master Wizard just in case there was something in the programming of Emergence that didn't get overwritten. Didn't unlock the class for me.)

@phurgawtin Let me know if you can get Magus now with the recent patch. I still don't have that unit and I need to know if my changes fixed that.

darkskyx

April 29, 2022, 02:35:27 am #16 Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 11:52:30 pm by darkskyx
NEWS FROM MY PROJECT

My test for changing Sprites was sucessful so I had been looking for sprites and how to approach this problem:
Quote from: darkskyx on March 11, 2021, 04:23:59 pmNews: I've done my first test for changing Sprites with palettes and it works. The problem I actually have is that I want to give Onion Knight all Ninja skills buuut Ninja skills sadly don't work on Onion K. How do I fix it? Well, my initial idea was to change/swap all the stats and sprites but with the current tools for the PSP version you can't change some Sprites for Dark/Onion Knight... So I don't know what to do.

Since I don't have any reliable way to change how Onion Knight works, I was looking to my options and the only option left was to "delete" a unit. That said, I'm gonna remake the Thief, swap all stats from that unit & Ninja... and then convert it into Rogue. What this means? That Ninja will be Rogue now, and Rogue will throw weapons. The actual skills from Thief+Ninja will be moved into Assassin (temp. name). And Thief will be changed into Assassin. These Thief skills will stay in the Assassin. [I had to change all enemies too!]

With those changes, you can get Rogue earlier (I will still give him crossbows as Thief actually has) but rogues will have the throw mechanic. This way, this unit will be ranged by default but it will have just that. I think it will be sadly a "transition unit". The only bad thing is that you won't have a thief mechanic early, but I think this will be better later so it's fine for me (TBH I didn't use the thief mechanic in the whole game in my last run).

ALL MY CUSTOM SPRITES CHANGES ARE FINISHED. I didn't make everything but I did some changes that I will say in my first post. Here's something that I'm working on too:

A mercenary that has no regrets about stealing or ruthlessly finishing off their enemies.
A mercenary that attacks from medium distance and can throw weapons at distant enemies.

As I found sprites that will be amazing in the re-patch I think I will change Meliadoul into other unit. Maybe Vincent Valentine as it is one of my favorite characters.
Edit: Finally I decided to give Vincent some skills from Mustadio, adding him as a new character and change Meliadoul into a Succubus.

Quote from: darkskyx on March 11, 2021, 04:23:59 pm(...)

Special thanks to sprite authors:
(...)
Oh BTW, here are some custom portrait sprites I will use for version 1.0: (You can thank original authors, some are re-edited by me)

darkskyx

May 07, 2022, 02:26:41 pm #17 Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 03:53:23 am by darkskyx
I've just uploaded patch 0.98 and I guess patch 0.99 is coming with new spritesheets (see last message) and maybe a few changes.
I'm in the last battle vs Altima, finally! Next patch I'm gonna see if there is any priority change I should do and I'm gonna prepare for version 1.0, maybe the final version is coming sooner than I thought!

Edit: I've added new info about all the units in my post.

Edit 2: Maybe I'm gonna play other FFT hackmods to look for other ideas for skills, as this is a low priority project actually. Once I give it more priority I will say it.

Feuholden

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
I Play Every Mod

darkskyx

August 31, 2022, 12:21:29 am #19 Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 03:51:09 am by darkskyx
Quote from: Feuholden on August 09, 2022, 06:13:40 amWaiting for version 1.0..
Short answer: I'll try to finish it on November so I can say it was 2 years of work as a low priority project. I'll try to rush it a little.

Let's talk about this, I started to make some changes again. My priority right now to finish v0.99 is:
1- Finish all new skills from all characters & jobs (I was still thinking about some ideas... or test more hackmods to look at more unique skills but I don't have time for that).
This means that I need to finish all skills from my last 2 secret characters than I'm working on. Then, I'll start with the final testing for the final boss which I wanted to make it so hard, Altima can burst an entire team & delete your buffs (Edit: too OP, I made her to damage 50% HP)
2- Basically test if everything is generally fine and everything feels right for every skillset, this is because once I finish all my changes I can't make any new skill to fix a character or job, but I could move skills and adjust parameters.
3- The patch 0.99v then will be available, but then I will start making:
· All the intended sprite changes. I need to make a .ppf patch for it.
· When I finish that, I need to spend all my free time in the in-game text changes to then go for the 1.0 version, and there are a lot of changes. That's why I tried to keep record of every change on my patch notes. I'm not sure if it will allow me to change all text, because nobody can't really put new stuff in the game as it is a hackrom... but I will try. There are weird japanese unused words inside the game so I can delete those, let's hope I won't get much issues with that - as in my initial testing it worked.
And not only I need to do the English version, I will also make an Spanish version as I am a Spanish native speaker.

I think I still need some months of work if I continue this project as a low priority. Because I do changes when I feel comfortable & I have free time for this project. But let's hope I can do it in less time if I rush it. Oh, and I won't finish there, I think I will make some mini patches to fix issues that testers will tell me and maybe do a more difficult patch. But everything can be delayed since I want to add some new units, testing & research also requires time.

BTW, I'm not sure about the names of the Thief/Ninja name jobs I changed, since the Assassin now is not just an assassin, and I don't like the name Rogue for the other one. I feel like that first unit can be named Rogue but then the other one I don't know what name should have. Something like Rebel?