• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:56:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA2 - Dawn of Grimoire (updated v0.7.1)(New: Dark Ice Princess, Machinist)

Started by jestherr09, September 23, 2019, 02:43:00 pm

angelofhell_hau

I can't patch this mod. It always say: "Failed! Input checksum is invalid.". I've tried on US and EU version.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

50 de lechuga

Madeen

Not able to patch either. I tried patcher provided in the download and Tsukuyomi.

Also do you have a stats sheet for your new classes?  (base stats and gains)

Thank you.

Shokudaikiri Mitsutada

May 01, 2020, 07:17:26 pm #23 Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 07:40:18 pm by Shokudaikiri Mitsutada
Same here. Error: Failed! Input checksum is invalid.  :(

Quote from: Achelexus on November 30, 2019, 06:16:59 pmWhich rom do you apply the patch on? It says "Failed! Input checksum is invalid." when trying to do it.

Edit: I managed to do it by bypassing the checksum, but I can't progress in the first battle. The black mage simply isn't able to act on its first turn at all.

Yeah the Black Magick is not available for use. :/
  • Discord username: Shokudaikiri Mitsutada

xenor879

Is there anyone that can help us patch this mod? the OP has been absent since february and there hasnt been any updates from him since.

Villynn

for all those that are having problems with patching and playing, I have found a pretty good solution. You can start a fresh save your rom, and get past the tutorial. Save the game, and close the emulator. Then, patch the file, and boot up the game. You should still have the same save and the mod's changes. You should note that from what I have seen after checking jobs/abilities immediately after, it is very buggy.
  • Discord username: JustYourAverageSnail

Villynn

I'm also having an issue with how my Battle mage(soldier replacement) can't learn the abilities labeled soldier. The abilities don't have an AP bar either. I think it may be an issue with the fact you changed their sprite to that of the sage. I am having the same problem with white and black mages.

In a paw full of feathers, you are confronted by a paladin and two Battle mages. Is this a glitch? the paladin had reflex and the two Battle mages had counter. With my team at the time, which was an emperor, a failed Battle mage that I meant to be another emperor (more on that later), a broken white mage, a broken black mage, and a mage breaker. Needless to say, I was destroyed by them because I couldn't get any abilities other than weak offensive ones. Also, my Battle mage, which was Luso, couldn't become an emperor because it required 3 archer skills when my working emperor didn't have any.

The mod is nearly unplayable, and really suffers because of it. I saw so much potential for it to be a great thing. Jobs seem great and add a lot to the game, but the huge bugs just get way too in the way.
  • Discord username: JustYourAverageSnail

Dual-Wielding Ninja

Quote from: Vyllain on September 02, 2020, 04:05:44 amI'm also having an issue with how my Battle mage(soldier replacement) can't learn the abilities labeled soldier. The abilities don't have an AP bar either. I think it may be an issue with the fact you changed their sprite to that of the sage. I am having the same problem with white and black mages.

In a paw full of feathers, you are confronted by a paladin and two Battle mages. Is this a glitch? the paladin had reflex and the two Battle mages had counter. With my team at the time, which was an emperor, a failed Battle mage that I meant to be another emperor (more on that later), a broken white mage, a broken black mage, and a mage breaker. Needless to say, I was destroyed by them because I couldn't get any abilities other than weak offensive ones. Also, my Battle mage, which was Luso, couldn't become an emperor because it required 3 archer skills when my working emperor didn't have any.

The mod is nearly unplayable, and really suffers because of it. I saw so much potential for it to be a great thing. Jobs seem great and add a lot to the game, but the huge bugs just get way too in the way.
That's a shame. The creator might've possibly lost interest in this game and/or the hacking project.
  • Discord username: Dual-Wielding Ninja

Zeke_Aileron

Depending if irl issues happened for the creator or what Dual-wielding Ninja stated, there's not much we can do without a proper notes format on what the creator was doing and had planned for this mod, unfortunately I can't help either.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

Toang

Hi,I really like your mod and you worked hard to make it.
I just started modding and trying all the tools in Current List of FFTA2 Editors and Modules,but it seems very limited.
So can you show me how to use and access hex to mod it.Tks u.