• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:23:19 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Conditional Brave Story Entries (e.g. dismissed, deserted)

Started by advfox, September 01, 2020, 01:19:51 am

advfox

Hi,
I've added new units for my hack and set their Brave Story entries accordingly. I already know how to activate them through events.
What I'm not sure of is how to set the last four entries (dissmised, brave/faith desertion, died) to work as intended. How would I go
about doing this?

Thanks

If it's relevant (it probably isn't, but worth mentioning), I'm currently working with TLW resources as a base
  • Modding version: PSX

RetroTypes

Do they not work automatically? I was under the impression the game automatically uses the last 4 bio entries for those purposes, even if you edited them.
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

advfox

The problem is that the empty entries aren't tied to any unit IDs as far as I know, and that information is stored elsewhere (just like ages). I haven't actually tested it though, I'll go ahead and do that and confirm just to make sure

EDIT: Nope, entry doesn't update after having the unit rot away

RetroTypes

Hmmm.. I actually just tested this with TLW's Ashley Riot and Balthier, and they too don't update when killed. I'll report it to Elric, and in the meantime, you'll have to just not have them update on deaths or other leaving events. If we find anything new I'll try to post back

RetroTypes

@Blue so the amazing Xif has whipped up a spreadsheet that'll let you edit the variables used for this purpose. You'll have to format the result yourself for use in FFTorgASM but other than that, just plug in your values and get your hack!

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

advfox

Thank you very much for putting in the time to do this, thanks RetroTypes as well