• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:51:52 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Breath of Fire mod

Started by Bladegrasp1997, September 08, 2023, 09:23:07 pm

Bladegrasp1997

September 08, 2023, 09:23:07 pm Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 09:46:45 pm by Bladegrasp1997
I was looking at some of the sprites for breath of fire 3 and 4 and noticed some of them are similar to ones that are already in FFT. I was thinking how hard it would be to actually get something like this going considering Ryu's transform abilities are very similar to Reis abilities. I would like to get started with this but do not know where to begin. I can make maps,custom items and have some experience with abilities,but have very little knowledge editing sprites and animating them. I saw some of the tools and I'm going to try it out. Is there any advice or opinions on how I can do this? I'll leave event editing out until I have something presentable.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

Cool stuff Bladegrasp!  I debated making a mod like based on BoF!  I believe that Valkirst has made several BoF sprites including Teepo and his dragon form. 

Good Luck!
  • Modding version: PSX

Bladegrasp1997

September 09, 2023, 10:22:18 am #2 Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 10:40:27 am by Bladegrasp1997
I tried looking in the custom sprites section but couldn't find them. Do you know if they've been posted anywhere?

Update

I found them. Thanks 👍

Bladegrasp1997

Tried editing the monk sprite and came up with this.