• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

WLDTEX3 Editor v1.02 & Tutorial

Started by 3lric, July 17, 2020, 03:42:06 am

3lric

July 17, 2020, 03:42:06 am Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:43:45 am by Elric
WLDTEX3 Editor 1.02 by Elric

In addition to the FRAME.BIN Editor I released yesterday, I've also made a similar editor for WLDTEX3. This is what we call the 3rd sheet in WLDTEX.TM2. Basically, this sheet will allow you to remap source image location, location on the map screen in-game and height/width of Town Names, Month Names, and the numbers 0-9 as well as the symbol /.

Introduction
This sheet is even more straight forward than my FRAME.BIN editor sheet, as everything in this sheet functions the same way, so once again, when we open the sheet the first thing we should see is this:

What do
Below, we see the text used for Jan., copied from the WLDTEX3 editor.

Here we can see a screencap of the WLDTEX3 in GraphicsGale, notice that Jan. is highlighted and we see the XX,YY axis, which is the location of the image on the sheet, followed by the Width and Height. Notice that these numbers match up to the above image as well. Yes, the selection is larger than the word itself. Vanilla uses this make display adjustments, why this did this instead of just editing the XX,YY Axis, since we are able to do so, is beyond me, but it is what it is.

What about the first XX,YY though? Well, this is for where it is displayed on the worldmap itself. I won't go too much more into this, as we already have information on this HERE, thanks to Glain.
80093b20 - World Map Month Image Data (WLDCORE.BIN 0x2cb20)
Each month has one entry.
(Size per entry: 0x14 = 20 bytes)
(Entries for the numbers used for the day are located directly after the months.  11 entries corresponding to 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 /)
Offset (bytes): Notes
    0x00 (4): Number of images to display? (Default 1)
    0x04 (4): ? Affects display (Default 0x01000180)
    0x08 (4): ? Affects colors? (Default 0x01e60000)
    0x0c (1): Screen Location Offset X (Default 0x80 = 128)
    0x0d (1): Screen Location Offset Y (Default 0x80 = 128)

0x0e (1): Palette? (Default 0) (Messed up colors if changed)
    0x0f (1): Flip
        0: Upright
        1: Vertical flipped
        2: Horizontal flipped
        3: Both flipped
    0x10 (1): Pixel Height (Default 12)
    0x11 (1): Pixel Width (Default 24)
    0x12 (1): Source Bitmap Y Location
    0x13 (1): Source Bitmap X Location

Patching
Lastly, if this is the first spreadsheet hack you've ever used (I would be very very confused if that was somehow the case), once your edits are made, youll need to click on the XML tab on the bottom of the workbook, and copy Column A, from A1 all the way down through A274. Copy, and then paste this into a blank .xml file. Don't have a .xml? Sure you do, make a new notepad document, paste the contents mentioned above, save the file with whatever name you want, and change the extension from .txt to .xml. Place this into the xml folder of FFTP, and then patch it to your FFT image using orgASM.

the end
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Small update to 1.02
-Fixes wrong offset for August
-Fixes mislabeled reversed width/height and XX/YY
  • Modding version: PSX