• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 03:36:47 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

new skill hits with weapon equipped but not w.o

Started by maugustus1, June 13, 2011, 01:58:41 pm

maugustus1

June 13, 2011, 01:58:41 pm Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:12:23 pm by maugustus1
Made a new archer skill, gave it all the leg aim flags, put it in the entice slot, put it in the archer skill set, and put that on the archer job. THe abilty works perfect with a bow/gun, but not with any melee weapons :( heres a screen cap. Archer ability menu changed to default,

GeneralStrife

I think you need xiph's generic skillset fixer thingy not 100% SURE.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: GeneralStrife on June 13, 2011, 09:47:56 pm
I think you need xiph's generic skillset fixer thingy not 100% SURE.

Not for Archer.

Unflag Target Self and Hit Caster, you shouldn't have those flagged for this kind of skill.  Not sure if it'll do anything in regards to your error but they shouldn't be flagged regardless.

maugustus1

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on June 13, 2011, 09:56:21 pm
Not for Archer.

Unflag Target Self and Hit Caster, you shouldn't have those flagged for this kind of skill.  Not sure if it'll do anything in regards to your error but they shouldn't be flagged regardless.

Yeah i tried that before i flagged it the way you see, just started testing combinations. I read up on the skill set thing too and saw it wasnt for archer but im gonna apply it for other jobs. One step at a time, right now i just really want to fix mustadio and the archer!

Thanks for the ongoing help guys!
MAug

MagiusRerecros

Maybe try copying the flags from the Knight skills? Also, in the AI behavior box, I'm pretty sure you don't need the "Add Status" flag checked, and you probably won't need to check the "Unequip" flag either if you copy the Knight flags...
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

maugustus1

Quote from: MagiusRerecros on June 14, 2011, 07:59:19 pm
Maybe try copying the flags from the Knight skills? Also, in the AI behavior box, I'm pretty sure you don't need the "Add Status" flag checked, and you probably won't need to check the "Unequip" flag either if you copy the Knight flags...

didnt work :(, as melee it only causes the status, poison. as ranged it only does dmg. strange.

FFMaster

You probably don't want that skill to work on melee anyway... if I recall correctly, 1.3's Bull's Eye(old, about 13028/9 ish) used that same formula, and with a few glitches in the game. I was potentially able to do 999 damage by equipping Attack Up, and targetting a unit and cancelling again. Damage would continue to go up by 4/3. The opposite can also happen if your target has Defense Up

Just telling you to be careful.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

maugustus1

Quote from: FFMaster on June 16, 2011, 08:56:38 pm
You probably don't want that skill to work on melee anyway... if I recall correctly, 1.3's Bull's Eye(old, about 13028/9 ish) used that same formula, and with a few glitches in the game. I was potentially able to do 999 damage by equipping Attack Up, and targetting a unit and cancelling again. Damage would continue to go up by 4/3. The opposite can also happen if your target has Defense Up

Just telling you to be careful.

Thanks for the info! Is there a hack to disable it from being used in melee completely? Maybe some kind of xbow/bow only flag, something similar, or some kind of trick. maybe i can give the materia blade flag to the bows and xbows and make the abilities require it? although i dont know how cloud could limit break if i did that heh. thanks again im gonna keep researching :)

Tea

maugustus1

Quote from: Tea on June 17, 2011, 05:49:09 am
That would be the ability requirement hack.

thanks so much ! very useful stuff :)