• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:20:21 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

GeneralStrife's Sprites

Started by GeneralStrife, June 08, 2010, 02:14:36 pm

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Wolfran on May 06, 2011, 11:17:46 pm
Why don't you use the female thief body or Lijj's female viking and add a the summoner cape?

Think that would be easier?

GeneralStrife

May 07, 2011, 02:37:35 pm #21 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 01:38:31 pm by GeneralStrife
Currently fixing various portraits in our DL section. There are many mis-aligned ones, causing errors on character portraits in game.

Lijj

Thanks General Strife. I have a problem with that; I've posted a few misaligned portraits.  I thought I updated Female Generic Knight already though.
If it's the Terra I did about a year ago I'm not sure I want it on the main page cause the portrait isn't any good and the sprite's got those large thief hands.
I'll add the others tomorrow early along with Kage's additions and more.
btw Why don't you have the finished Picture of Meliadoul as an avatar?

No complaints about the choice but that's an unfinished version.
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

I dunno, I don't know how to export a port off of a sprite. This one was already by itself posted as a PNG. My weakest link is ports...don't know how to change one for a sprite etc.

GeneralStrife

May 08, 2011, 11:54:29 am #24 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:13:59 pm by GeneralStrife
Also, Lijj have you thought of putting the symbol that's on your generic male knight's cape on the female's too?
The male Gen knght has got to be one of my favorite sprites that you made. It is really shexy. But I feel like the female could be a little more similiar.

Current Fixes
Generic Red Mage Male
Lenneth Valkyrie
Generic Male Rogue
Generic Samurai Male
Generic Samurai Female

GeneralStrife

May 09, 2011, 05:13:04 pm #25 Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:13:37 pm by GeneralStrife
Working on the mindmaster for CoP. This obviously isn't the final product. It needs a portrait and koko may want something else done to it. I am not the man to ask for a portrait, heh.

Mando

GS you may want to use this portrait for now if you like that one... its eye doesn't look off.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

GeneralStrife

Interesting...they look the same to me. But what the hey?

GeneralStrife

July 06, 2011, 04:47:53 pm #28 Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:43:16 pm by GeneralStrife
The alma contest may have conquered my fear of portraits. (That doesn't mean I'm good at them.)
I decided to run in full blown doing it.
Hair, skin tone, and outfit colors are off. I don't know what to do next. Need a heavenly spriter good at a portrait for advice. I wanna thank cheetah and wolf and all the other spriter bros for the event for getting me re interested in spriting and makin the section active again.
Tell me what you think of the raven portrait, still needs the diamond in her forehead which I have no ideas how to do

GeneralStrife

July 06, 2011, 11:44:45 pm #30 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:09:27 am by GeneralStrife
boom...
heh heh.
IMO I didn't do that bad.
Stuck now though...colors...not to mention the face is tied to the cloth underneath the cape on her neck.

RandMuadDib

gem should be higher on the forehead? not right between the eyes.... gah nevermind. It just looked too low because of the size. perhaps make it smaller?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

GeneralStrife

Yeah, I copied mystic knight's gem. I'll see what I can do.

GeneralStrife

How's this?

Cheetah

The portrait that you are using as a base is kind of lacking a forehead, so that is part of your problem. This is a step in the right direction, keep refining it. Though I think you might want to consider using a different head as a base.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

July 07, 2011, 01:34:03 am #35 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:42:45 am by GeneralStrife
Ehh...well I used it cause zozma showed me it and I agreed that it looked kinda like her...not sure what else could be used.
Also don't know what I should do about colors, since the skin tone is tied to the leather under the cape....hmmmmm...

GeneralStrife

I tried to do the skin tone and get rid of the colors on the face that are tied to the outfit....The result is......bad.

Lijj

it seems like the right skintone but the secondary colors of it need more contrast and the forehead thing..
moar foarhead

GeneralStrife

Thanks for the help lijj, how does my 5 second custom forehead look?

Lijj

better now.  Just try to get the shading back and darken the part that meets the forehead a little on the bangs.. good luck.. gotta go for now