• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

I need help with spriting! ASAP

Started by XUltimaX, April 26, 2010, 09:51:00 am

XUltimaX

so will it then be so that it's the original portrait and custom sprite? if so then could this be fixed as well? my best guess is that it needs the .bmp image of the portrait. afterall it is with the same program was it not?

Mega_Tyrant

In battle you'd have the custom portrait and sprite, but outside of battle the original portrait would be used, so like the formation screen would have the original portrait.  It could be fixed using FFTEVGRP just like with the UNIT.BIN but there one problem.  The portraits are all screwed up because it's using the wrong palatte colors and that's beyond my scope of skill.  You'll need someone else to tell you how to fix that.
RAWR!

XUltimaX

ah well that's ok. it won't ruin my day. the aim is to get the characters have their respective names portraits and sprites at least in battle. but i'd rather have the sprites show up in the formations screen as well

XUltimaX

hey umm... can you post me an un-edited fftactext file (.ffttext) ? I've messed up and I can't edit without it and it won't let me create a new one. also in fftactext editor from where do i edit character names?

formerdeathcorps

Do you have a clean ISO?  You can just restore your TacText file from that.  Even better, you can restore whatever file is giving you problems.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

XUltimaX

no I've messed up my backup as well by accident >_<"

Mega_Tyrant

Ok, not sure how it would help but here ya go.
RAWR!

XUltimaX

thanks. it helps me to start over in fftactext editor because mine gave me an error message everytime i tried to patch it, due to the fact that i may have messed up at some point.