• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:44:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Need help with changing Heaven and Hell Knight's abilities!

Started by thisisstupid999, July 29, 2011, 05:21:58 pm

thisisstupid999

I'm trying to make them all work exactly like a normal mage spell, like fire, thundara, etc. with my own multipliers put in. I succeeded in this by using the same formula that the typical Black Mage spells are used with. The only problem is the animation. Everything works fine in game, but when I cast the spell on multiple targets, it only shows the spell hitting one of the targets instead of all of them, but they all take damage. I'm thinking this is an animation problem, but I could be wrong. Anyone know how to fix this?

Shade

Quote from: thisisstupid999 on July 29, 2011, 05:21:58 pm
I'm trying to make them all work exactly like a normal mage spell, like fire, thundara, etc. with my own multipliers put in. I succeeded in this by using the same formula that the typical Black Mage spells are used with. The only problem is the animation. Everything works fine in game, but when I cast the spell on multiple targets, it only shows the spell hitting one of the targets instead of all of them, but they all take damage. I'm thinking this is an animation problem, but I could be wrong. Anyone know how to fix this?

Some Animations just do that, but I don't kow if it's fixable.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Pride

Not sure how (its unknown knowledge at the moment) but you could look at the thread below for the effects video and find some that fit your need.

http://ffh.kivutar.me/smf/index.php?topic=4830.msg106838#msg106838
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

thisisstupid999

Quote from: Pride on July 29, 2011, 05:33:21 pm
Not sure how (its unknown knowledge at the moment) but you could look at the thread below for the effects video and find some that fit your need.

http://ffh.kivutar.me/smf/index.php?topic=4830.msg106838#msg106838

I'm actually a user of the PSP version, so naturally, I don't know what abilities pertain to what skillset. Could you tell me which video to look at?

Glain

You can use any effect (animation) you want for any ability. It has nothing to do with skillsets. As Shade and Pride were saying, some animations just don't go off on any more than one target, even if the ability is coded to hit multiple.

Also, if you're unfamiliar with the ability names, I believe the hex codes are the same, so if you like the animation of "0EC Blind 2", for example, just select whatever 0EC is called in the PSP naming.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown