• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:47:49 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Trauma Center Under the Knife 2 released for the DS

Started by FFT, July 12, 2008, 08:55:12 am

FFT

July 12, 2008, 08:55:12 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFT
Trauma Center Under the Knife 2(Click for reviews) is the 4th series of the game and it's the direct sequel to Under the Knife 1 on the DS.

First of all, I haven't actually played the game myself but I'm just pointing out this game out to anyone who owns a DS. The reviews are mostly positive, the reviews are in the link I posted.

I've played TC(Trauma Center) on the Wii though just not the on DS(yet). Though from what I heard from others on a forum, the game has a lot of operations similar from TC: New Blood's operation, and I've played NB.

Anyway, main points of TC(Trauma Center):

1. You play a surgeon and do surgeries and fight parasites/viruses in the game. For gameplay video, click here.
Here's someone playing the first 2 operations of TC2 on an emulator.
If you like what you see, you might like the game, but if it looks boring it might actually be boring when you play it.
Although, the fun parts are always the parts where you fight the "parasites" IMO.

Personally, I don't really like the music compared to the other games. The other game had epic music, which made boring operations epic but this one (IMO) doesn't really have as good music(but the parasite battle music is good).

There aren't any really good gameplay videos out for TC2 yet but there are several others for the other games. It's basically the same, just on the DS.

2. The skill that's most important in the game is probably speed. If you're fast with moving your hand, then that means you'll probably be good at the game or at least decent.

3. There's story in the game, and from what I heard, it's interesting and good. Again, haven't played it, just saying what others said.

If the game sounds or looks interesting to you, you should check it out. It's for the Nintendo DS.

Edit:(Technically not an edit, just found this out recently)
There are finally some decent(in terms of view) Trauma Center Videos out there of the parasites. Most of them are the Final Boss battle, and none of them show the "hard" version of the Boss Battle.

For anyone who doesn't care about spoilers or being surprised at what the Final Boss battle is, here's the easy/normal(not hard) version of the Final Boss battle, listen to the EPIC MUSIC.

When I find someone doing the full version. The full version has about 3-4 more strains, lasts longer, is about 3x harder than the easy or normal version. There are 4 difficulties, easy, normal, hard, and extreme and I think that video was done on either easy or normal.

I think that hard and extreme mode, you have to fight the WHOLE thing, the person in the video skipped 3-4 parts of the boss which made it shorter and easier.

But I posted the video anyway for the epic music, because really that music is epic.

Also, if anyone doesn't really care about being spoiled of the Final Boss battles for any of the Trauma Center games. (From most epic music to least epic):

Here is the Final Boss of Trauma Center: New Blood, skip to 4:00(4 minutes) into the video for the FINAL FORM OF THE BOSS BATTLE

Final Boss battle of Trauma Center: Second Opinion/Under the Knife for the Wii/DS.

TC: New Blood - Wii only game, 1-2 players.

TC: Second Opinion - Wii port of Trauma Center Under the Knife(DS). 1 player only.

TC: Under the Knife 2 - DS only. 1 player only.

If anyone is interested in the game, I suggest ignoring Second Opinion/Under the Knife 1 and either getting New Blood or Under the Knife 2 since the sequels have basically all the operations of the first ones plus more anyway.