• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 05:29:33 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Simple Spriting Problem (Using zodiacs sprite editor)

Started by Mickey B, June 03, 2010, 11:27:37 pm

Mickey B

Can somebody tell me why this happens?

Mickey B

Obviously I was trying to change the color of a palette.

Mickey B

I still don't know why this is happening. I even tried only using colors that already exist in other pallets.
Just a little advice is all I'm asking for, I know you guys know the answer.

Knox

I'm not familiar with this problem, and just be patient someone who is will get to you soon.

The forums have been a bit slow lately, so bare with us lol.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

Mickey B

Yeah I understand. I was just making sure people had enough information.

jimmyjw88

I can't view the attachment due to slow internet. If the problem is regarding on colour swapping, then you have to change the palettes, rather using the MS Paint (if you are) and just change the colour.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Mickey B

I don't understand what you mean. I'm using zodiac's Palette Editor v1.3b to change the colors of different palettes available for a sprite sheet.
Btw is there a newer version of zodiac's Palette Editor? There isn't a link for any in the main downloads section, I came across it in the forums. Is there a better tool for editing palettes? I have photoshop, but I don't know anyway to edit more than just the first palette of the image (I'm trying to edit a spritesheet's  2nd, 3rd, and 4rth palettes, ect...).

Xifanie

Sorry for the inconvenient. I finally understand the situation. It's because your BMP file is not 256x488. New shishi puts the SPR and SP2 files in all one image.
And no there is no more recent version.

My solution to this is open the original Hydra file and import the palette of the fucked up one by my program using GraphicsGale (you can directly select the bmp file to import its palette)

[attachment=1:19hl123r]GG1.png[/attachment:19hl123r][attachment=0:19hl123r]GG2.png[/attachment:19hl123r]
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

R999

Tried clicking Null Palette? This issue also tends to happen when the sprite has colors not normally available (say, you used a color from palette 4 in your main sprite, but it's impossible to do this with Zodiac's editor so I assume this is because you haven't clicked on Null Palette, which is often the culprit).

Mickey B