• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:11:19 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Call of Power Chapter II (v2.002)

Started by Kokojo, August 29, 2011, 03:18:29 pm

Kokojo

August 29, 2011, 03:18:29 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:48:16 am by Kokojo
*updated to fix some errors
Call of Power Chapter 2 : Revenge

Well, it's there. The patch I worked on all summer for you all. (In fact, august, but shh). It contains a ton of new stuff, some new items, one totally new map, map edits, new sprites, and most of all, a totally new story for chapter 2, one that I am sure most of you will enjoy. There is also a super-secret move-find-item ; can you find it?

There is however something that you need to know : Chapter 2... starts with chapter 1! So you have to run trought it all again or wait for someone to upload a save for you to use (mwahaha).

So please, go on and play Call of Power chapter 2, have fun, and report any bugs, but also, comment! It's always fun to have a ton of comments (too hard/too easy /WOW/THATWASAWESOME/shocking story!)

Here is the link  : http://kokojo.ffhacktics.com/CoP2003.rar

Do remember that I have known bugs :

If you start with a old Chapter 1 save, you will get errors, especially with the ''Prison garbs''.
Lysay screams like a man. (Permanent bug)
Lysay has the player name.  (nearly Permanent bug)

I want to thank :
Eternal248 - For correcting the story, text, names, items suggestions, items names, all text, wutnot. All support and a great coacher-ship. also thanks for FFH.
Kagebunji- For a superb evtchr that is just awesome.
Wiz - For the videos
Lijj - For the support and mindmaster sprite.
Mav - For a secret portrait
Xif : Making FFH possible, heh.

Enjoy!
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Tyler

Awesome. Will try it out when I get the time myself. Great job, all of you, and you especially Koko.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

GeneralStrife

well holy shit. looks like i have a reason to fire up epsxe

Cheetah

This is epic Kokojo! Would you like me to do another video playthrough? Hopefully with more enjoying and less picking apart for bugs haha.
Current Projects:

Kokojo

Video playtrought are encouraged :P

Kagebunji

Definitly worth playing, and not so many bugs are in, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pride

Just have to get through chapter 1 ^_^'
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Joseph Strife

I don't have enough words to say how much epic this is for us koko, A hell of a job here! Congrats!
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Kokojo

Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 29, 2011, 06:18:48 pm
I don't have enough words to say how much epic this is for us koko, A hell of a job here! Congrats!

Are you already done?

Joseph Strife

No, i will play it when i got some time, but by the other topics and seeing how much effort you put into this i can say it will of course be awesome. :)
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Pride

Chapter 2 is harder without relying on the crutch that is Gospel's 'Tactics: Mend'

I need to plan a bit for the Sweegy Woods battle cause I've lost three times now...

Kokojo

Quote from: Pride on August 29, 2011, 09:12:29 pm
Chapter 2 is harder without relying on the crutch that is Gospel's 'Tactics: Mend'

I need to plan a bit for the Sweegy Woods battle cause I've lost three times now...

Get in the battle log and I can give you some tips.

Durbs

Quote from: GeneralStrife on August 29, 2011, 03:55:42 pm
well holy shit. looks like i have a reason to fire up epsxe

Done! Woo! If I have time this week I'm definately going to play through it. :mrgreen:

Kokojo

Pride

Finally finished chapter two and i thought it was great! Some of the events were fantastic, a lot of work went into it. The last two battles in the chapter were tough. It took a little planning on both not to get overwhelmed.

Kokojo

September 11, 2011, 09:39:07 pm #15 Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:42:01 pm by Kokojo
This is for people that can't finish the fight with the Behemoth and morbol. It is a TEMPORARY FIX until I get things done. (Away from serious hacking for a bit)

http://kokojo.ffhacktics.com/Tempfix.rar

itschad07

do i have any chance to go around the map and explore!? i mean like i cant even explorer all jobs coz i cant lvl up

Kokojo

There is no world map. As for leveling up, CoP does not allow a lot of leveling up in terms of level, but in terms of job level, it's merely 2-3 actions between each of them.

Dome

Quote from: Kokojo on September 18, 2011, 09:47:58 am
There is no world map. As for leveling up, CoP does not allow a lot of leveling up in terms of level, but in terms of job level, it's merely 2-3 actions between each of them.

If all the jobs are balanced, why not make them all unlocked from the start?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

BizzMar

I've been playing like 2 hours and the storyline it's kinda ok but there is a lot of mistakes, like in spells description says it costs X MP and in select button messages it says it costs Y MP, when you try to remove Gospel it says it's a Boulve (~Lol :3), some spells can begin to be casted with no magic points and some can't, looks like there is no map in entire game and no kind of potion or anything (like it is completely other game, I've never seen any Final Fantasy with no supplies), I don't like at all the system equip automatically all my units when I put a new support ability or change their jobs, and I can't change that option because there is not option menĂº, the 1 that was in the map!

I didn't care about all this and wanted to enjoy the game but at least there should be a save point after everybattle! I lost at Leisal's battle and when I loaded the game the last save point was when Gospel say Scheifer to leave!

That's a noobish mistake! It is like 1 hour of play 'cause the Puppeter battle is awesomely long. Well, I think there should be at least 1 tester TESTING the patch. Good luck.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Always yours,
BizzMar.