• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:12:29 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Chronicles of Kanbabrif

Started by Bastard Poetry, May 17, 2008, 07:20:29 am

Bastard Poetry

July 22, 2008, 05:58:19 pm #300 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Well said, Archealogy.

What a bunch of fucking snobs.

I'm looking into backup plans. Obviously, the appeal of Vimeo was that I could upload longer videos in higher quality and embed them to my website in a way that allowed viewers to see the video itself without all of the damn logos and shit plastered across the screen. I have no problem using the HD option of Youtube, but I really hate breaking the video up into segments for obvious reasons.

I'll look in Veoh sometime. Though at first glance, it doesn't look like it'll accomplish what I want. It looks a little too commercial.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Archael

July 22, 2008, 06:26:54 pm #301 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Im sure there's other sites that allow longer than 11 m vids

dunno about quality.. vimeo pwns them all with regards to that aspect

OR you could suck up to them and email a staffer and explain they take a look at ur content to see it's "ARTLOL"

but personally, I erased my Vimeo account 2 minutes after reading your post.

Bastard Poetry

July 22, 2008, 06:32:13 pm #302 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Technically, I think I'd be fine to continue using Vimeo. The more I read of their little debates, the more I'm beginning to see how my videos would fall into the "creative expression" category, and even THEY couldn't argue. Plus, I had no idea what Machinima is, but someone in one of the debates posted this:

Machinima is, according to Wikipedia:
"machinima productions are produced using the tools (demo recording, camera angle, level editor, script editor, etc.) and resources (backgrounds, levels, characters, skins, etc.) available in a game.

Machinima is an example of emergent gameplay, a process of putting game tools to unexpected ends, and of artistic computer game modification."

I think I'm fine. But you never know with guys like that. Hey Voldemort, are you reading the posts below the "news" article? Notice how most of the people supporting the no-video-game rule have avatars of themselves holding a camera.. to pretend as though they're some visionary directors or some shit? And the comments about "girls farting in tubs or kids shoving marshmallows in their mouths are considered ART!?" Ha ha ha!

Archael

July 22, 2008, 06:36:00 pm #303 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
CoK could be considered Machinima.

Machinima usually has voice acting though.

Keep your Vimeo but make sure to find an alternative JIC.

I won't be re-activating my account with them.

Asshats.

Cheetah

July 22, 2008, 07:26:37 pm #304 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
The chronicles are definitely Machinima, so I think you will be fine with Vimeo. I can understand why they would want to remove a lot of video game videos, I'm sure it seems like a bit of a strain. But they aren't being very polite or thoughtful about it.
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

July 22, 2008, 07:39:41 pm #305 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Cheetah's right; I'm sure my videos will be okay.

In the end, I will go with whatever option is best for the videos themselves. If it remains Vimeo, I will stick with them, even if I am disgusted with the pretentious attitude.

By the way, Voldemort, I noticed one of their users responded to a quote from your post:

Karen Abad loves Dinosaurs. 1 hour ago
"You're a video sharing site, nothing more. Albeit one that is smaller and less successful (and apparently more elitist) than Youtube. I can see why now though."

I'll have to disagree with the fact that Vimeo is just a video sharing site an nothing more. I feel like a lot of the people who actively use Vimeo are more concerned with the community aspect of vimeo rather than just using it to upload their videos in such high quality (which is a plus).

I'll have to say too though, even though my videos get less traffic on vimeo than on youtube, I appreciate all the constructive criticism and or praise, comments, and feedback on my videos over the arbitrary and infantile comments my videos get from Youtube like, "OMGz Yr Ghey! BuRn in Hellz!~"

I'm sorry you feel so harshly about vimeo, and I hope you find whatever you are looking for in whatever video service sites you pursue.

Except I didn't see your post anywhere but here and the copy-pasta you made on the Gamefaqs thread.

Archael

July 22, 2008, 07:52:45 pm #306 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
cuz I deleted my account with them, thats why it wont show up

I don't deal with artsy homos (like the vimeo staff has recently shown themselves to be)

you know I'm right, stop QQing bitches

and lol @ that reply, he basically said "you're right, vimeo sucks, but atleast the users are nice to me... o well... have fun on youtube"

idiot

Cheetah

July 22, 2008, 08:37:35 pm #307 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Okay I'm working on the new characters that were approved for Part II. I will be posting previews of the palette swaps and once those get the green light I will work on the palette swaps for the portraits.

First up is Voltram the Archmage. The goal here was basically standard Time Mage colors on a summoner.
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

July 22, 2008, 08:53:06 pm #308 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Hey Cheetah, I forgot to tell you about this.

DakHam and I had a little miscommunication back when he picked his character's colors. He said "red or blue" and I accidentally read "red AND blue." Anyways, I discussed it with him, and he asked for different colors. I went ahead and made the change, since color swaps are easy to do. Let me know what you think.

Bastard Poetry

July 22, 2008, 08:54:18 pm #309 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Also, Voltram looks nice!

Cheetah

July 22, 2008, 08:56:54 pm #310 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I think the hat might have ended up a little too dark but it looks good eveywhere else. He didn't want any color other than the brown trim?

Okay second up is Dominic. He asked for a black and grey Squire. Since the armor is already silver I just changed his head covering to black, and then made the belt a nice navy blue. Thoughts?
Current Projects:

Dominic NY18

July 22, 2008, 09:14:21 pm #311 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
*Gives 2 thumbs up* :D

The navy blue belt's a really nice touch.

Cheetah

July 22, 2008, 09:34:58 pm #312 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Green Light Go! On Dominic's squire, I will have the portrait posted shortly along with another preview and then they will be sent off to Bastard to implement tonight.
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

July 22, 2008, 09:45:15 pm #313 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I'll lighten DakHam's hat a bit. Also, I'll let him know to come over here and take a look at it, to get his feedback.

His exact request was:

"As for sprite, red or blue is fine. Although black would be absolutely pimp, if that is not too much trouble."

(Then later, after we cleared up the confusion on my end)

"Blue -> Black may prove interesting."

So I translated that to mean he wanted a black/gray combo, but I thought it looked nice with the little touches of brown in there as well.

Cheetah

July 22, 2008, 10:00:54 pm #314 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
BastardPoetry:
Well then that is definitely what he asked for so it works just fine. It would be cool if he dropped by to give his input either way though :).

Okay so here is Dominic's portrait and Shoulder's sprite.

I'm not completely sadistfied with how the Shoulder's sprite is looking right now so I could use some input on that. I just never was a fan of the head piece, but I don't think there is much I can do with it.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

July 22, 2008, 10:35:25 pm #315 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Hmm so Terran just requested a red cape for his knight. I looked through the palettes already for the knight and grabbed the one with the red cape. But now I don't know what else to do to it because it already looks good. Thoughts?
Current Projects:

Archael

July 22, 2008, 10:36:36 pm #316 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael

Bastard Poetry

July 22, 2008, 10:53:09 pm #317 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Quote from: "Cheetah"Hmm so Terran just requested a red cape for his knight. I looked through the palettes already for the knight and grabbed the one with the red cape. But now I don't know what else to do to it because it already looks good. Thoughts?

I suppose that'll just have to do, then. Unless if Terran comes by any time soon to request something further, and if it can be done quickly. Since we're getting closer and closer to the deadline, though, I'm happy enough to just accept simple and easy.

Oh, and Archaelology

I think Mr. Chief used to is a pretty cool guy. Eh gets b& by the Vimeo and does afraid of the artistic vision of their community.

Bastard Poetry

July 22, 2008, 11:34:04 pm #318 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I asked the Vimeo overlords in a very polite and respectable manner if my videos would be acceptable under the new guidelines. Here's the screen shot of their response.

The first guy is just a user giving his impressions, the second is one of the bosses, giving his final answer.

By the way, here's the link to the epic debates: http://www.vimeo.com/blog:140

Click "Want to see the rest?" at the bottom, then scroll WAAAYY down towards the bottom to find my post.

Cheetah

July 22, 2008, 11:46:49 pm #319 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Gherr fuckers, it's on now bitches.

A quick retort about their acceptance of Mechinima is in order.
Current Projects: