• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 05:20:19 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New to emulators, need some help

Started by ppowell, October 12, 2020, 02:10:37 pm

ppowell

First of all, FFT is my all time favorite game ever.  I've played through PSX several times.  I've been wanting to play War of the Lions version, but can't bring myself to getting it on my Iphone as I hate the thought of touch screen play.  So my brother uses a emulator, which is RetroArch.  I've played many of my favorite SNES games on it, with some FF games. 

So here comes my "help" issue.  I got a PSP emulator on it, which is Playstation Portable(PPSSPP).  I launch the game, but it is super fast.  I can't seem to get the game to slow down in order to actually play it.  I'm new to all this hacking/emulator stuff and have no idea what I'm doing.  I've tried many settings, but nothing slows its down.  I'm really dying to try this websites version out as I freaking love the PSX version, I haven't ever played the War of the Lions version.  I'm about close to just buying a PSP and getting it to play.  But i'd like to get it setup on my laptop if all possible.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I just have no idea what I'm doing in this world. 
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Orkney

Hi

Usually there is a frame per second section in the options (don't know the psp emulator). Maybe you'll have to check this setting.

PS : you can also find a psx emulator and play the war of lion patch :)
  • Modding version: PSX

ppowell

It is PPSSPP.  I realized I didn't have the BIOS setup, so I did that just now.  There is a thing in the options that is Frameskip.  The settings for it is 0-9.  When I change it to 9, it is SUPER fast and goes through the starting video in like a sec.  But they are no option to change it to a -1 or anything, which prob would help it. 

Nyzer

Quote from: ppowell on October 12, 2020, 02:10:37 pmI'm really dying to try this websites version out as I freaking love the PSX version, I haven't ever played the War of the Lions version.  I'm about close to just buying a PSP and getting it to play.

Most of the major mods here are for the PSX version anyway.

Also, double posting is frowned upon, as is asking for ROMs.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ppowell

yeah, sorry, no idea why its double posting at all as I'm just clicking the post and that is pretty much it.

I have the PSX version already and working on my emulator, just wanting to get the PSP one working.  Been researching all day and can't figure out how to slow the game down.  Its pretty much unplayable.  I'll keep researching, someone out there has had the same issue.