• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:21:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Reallocating sprite space for larger sprites

Started by yamish, April 07, 2020, 11:16:49 am

yamish

This may not be possible, buuuut. Valk's trance terra sprite seems to use one of altimas slots. But I'd rather use this in an event without dicking up the final battle. There are sprites that i just flat haven't noticed in game, 40 yr old man, 20 yr old man, etc. But they're smaller than the trance terra sheet.

Is there a way to nuke a few of these that are beside each other and apply the sprite there? I'd imagine you'd have to change the memory location pointer for the next sprite in the list to not fuck everything after the terra sprite up, but I'm not sure if even that is feasible. Is this something that can be done?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Xifanie

Does importing over another slot and changing the SHP and SEQ to ARUTE (Altima 1) or KANZEN (Altima 2) not work?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful