• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:53:47 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Lion War 2.031 - Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, September 17, 2021, 12:03:36 am

3lric

September 17, 2021, 12:03:36 am Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:48:08 pm by Elric
Please use this topic for any bug reports on TLW 2.031 going forward.

While its great to hear about the bugs on discord, it will get lost.

- Fixed bug with Cloud/Aerith events dialogue
- Re-added song titles and descriptions to sound test menu
- Fixed issues in 3 Sound Novels that could have caused soft lock
- Fixed a bug with the difficulty hack affecting benched units level
- Fixed a Continue+ bug with biographies of some characters
- Fixed description on Bremondt's 'Holy Priest' job
- Fixed a bug in the Extra Job hack that derped Soldier Office confirm text
- Fixed som Bios not updating based on death/faith/brave leaving status
- Fixed descriptions for 'Iron Ripper' and 'Ignis Wheel'
- Fixed Beowulf stat save issue in the Bremondt battle
- Fixed the 'Guarded Temple' rendezvous from being unbeatable
- Fixed descriptions for MP and HP restore
- Fixed a bug with Float and Jump caused by consolidation
- Fixed a bug with victories triggering incorrectly
- Fixed a visual derp in the Balthier intro event
- Made Balthier's event compatible with Kori's edit of Dorter
- Fixed multiple bugs with 'Barrage'
- Fixed a bug with the offset for the Agrias Birthday event
- Fixed a bug with Bench data not being cleared before starting a new game
- Fixed a bug with the Difficulty Setting Level Alteration Hack
- Fixed a bug with Aliste's immunities
- Added Loot Wheel events for easier customization in custom patches
- Added new 'Be a Beta' rendezvous mission to Chapter 1
- Added optional fftp patch for random unit ID edits
- Fixed a derp with the Fort Zeakdon battle based on decision at Mandalia
- Fixed link to movies in Readme
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Minor visual bug:

It seems I didn't put down enough Wait time after BlueRemoving Caazan in Be a Beta, and the game doesn't wait for it to finish before returning to battle. If Caazan had the next turn, he and his stat window will briefly appear on screen before the BlueRemoval finishes. This confused the real Caazan for a minute when he finally killed himself.

Should probably update that Wait(00010) to Wait(00045) or something.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ferdorf

Just wanted to ask how to fix the Balthier Cutscene on slums in dorter, after ramzas dialog, the next actions or movement of the characters does not seem to work, already patched a clean iso with 2.03 and mappack. please help. appreciate it
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: Ferdorf on October 07, 2022, 10:07:45 pmJust wanted to ask how to fix the Balthier Cutscene on slums in dorter, after ramzas dialog, the next actions or movement of the characters does not seem to work, already patched a clean iso with 2.03 and mappack. please help. appreciate it

This issue is not related to TLW. If you added anything on top of it, its out of my hands at that point.

Ferdorf

Quote from: Elric on October 08, 2022, 02:02:00 amThis issue is not related to TLW. If you added anything on top of it, its out of my hands at that point.

Thanks for responding Elric. :)

painless966

i got the same problem as Ferdorf the game is not respond after the thief ambush ramza in Balthier event. already patched a clean iso with 2.031 please help. thank you

Nyzer

Quote from: Ferdorf on October 07, 2022, 10:07:45 pmJust wanted to ask how to fix the Balthier Cutscene on slums in dorter, after ramzas dialog, the next actions or movement of the characters does not seem to work, already patched a clean iso with 2.03 and mappack. please help. appreciate it
Quote from: painless966 on October 15, 2022, 02:03:08 ami got the same problem as Ferdorf the game is not respond after the thief ambush ramza in Balthier event. already patched a clean iso with 2.031 please help. thank you

So, after reports of the issue on regular TLW, and a provided save file, I did some digging. This is is likely an issue because your Ramzas have names that are less than five letters long.

When the dialogue boxes auto-close, it's after waiting for a space bar to be printed, giving players time to actually finish reading the dialogue. However, printing it makes an audible text printing sound as it closes. I tried to get clever and wait for the dialogue to ALMOST finish printing, then mute the text printing sound.

So I put a check on the variable that reports how many letters have been printed, and waits for it to reach the very end of the dialogue.

Then I tested it... with Ramza named Ramza. 45 letters of dialogue.

If Ramza's name is four letters long, the game sees 44 letters printed. And then it just keeps waiting.

The best short term fix I can think of, if you don't know how to edit/replace events with the Resources build, would be to use a save file editor (or maybe some kind of gameshark code?) to change Ramza's name for this one battle.

If you're comfortable with uploading your memory card file and can mention which slot your Balthier save is, I can also just toss in some half-spaces and send it back - it'll look normal in most cases, except maybe when a character actually says Ramza's name out loud.

painless966

so i need to change my main character name right? the main character i gave him in the game is app. so is this too short? but thank you

3lric

Quote from: painless966 on October 15, 2022, 12:46:04 pmso i need to change my main character name right? the main character i gave him in the game is app. so is this too short? but thank you

yes, needs to be at least 5 characters with the current build.

Nyzer

I've tested this event at all speeds and with a completely blanked out name. Seems to work fine now. I just set the message wait to pretend that Ramza has no name at all, so it will mute slightly too early rather than risk softlocking. Given that it tends to line up with the timing of the music change and the action scene, I don't think anyone will even notice.

Ramza108

Damn. 4 letters huh?  After realizing this bug 30 hours into my current playthrough, I'm thinking of another 4 letter word right now. Lol.

Too bad.  Such an obscure thing.  I'll just skip balthier for now.  Still lots of awesome stuff o check out

Nyzer

Quote from: Ramza108 on October 18, 2022, 09:19:38 amDamn. 4 letters huh?  After realizing this bug 30 hours into my current playthrough, I'm thinking of another 4 letter word right now. Lol.

Too bad.  Such an obscure thing.  I'll just skip balthier for now.  Still lots of awesome stuff o check out

If your save file is in .gme format, it seems FFTastic can edit it. Otherwise, you can feel free to send it to me and I'll add some half-spaces that will allow you to unlock him (even if characters saying Ramza's name will sometimes look a bit weird from then on).

RetroTypes

Quote from: Nyzer on October 18, 2022, 08:21:04 pmIf your save file is in .gme format, it seems FFTastic can edit it.

MemCardRex can convert your save file to .gme if it isn't already in that format, and can then convert it back to the desired format after editing the save. Always make a backup, of course.
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

Ramza108

Quote from: Nyzer on October 18, 2022, 08:21:04 pmIf your save file is in .gme format, it seems FFTastic can edit it. Otherwise, you can feel free to send it to me and I'll add some half-spaces that will allow you to unlock him (even if characters saying Ramza's name will sometimes look a bit weird from then on).

Thank you that's a very generous offer.  I may take you up on that. I don't really have much in the way of technical expertise for editing game parameters. Gme?  Ehhhgg.   I am using open emu emulator and it's got kind of a janky save setup.  Actually I couldn't even tell you what format it uses.  Still there may be a way to convert it to gme. I'm sure there's a way to make that work.

I just completed the game.  Love all the work you guys have put into this. Clearly a labor of love and one I am all to glad to experience. 

One quick question. I unlocked shadow stitch for Ashley Riot. Not sure what skill set it's under as it traditionally fell under assassin use hand ability. Thank you! 

Majork67

December 15, 2022, 08:01:16 pm #14 Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 01:40:34 pm by Majork67 Reason: Found issue
I am having a new issue. I just finished the 3rd battle in riovanes castle and I keep crashing right after the scene when Ramza picks up the stone and says "Alma..." I've tried fresh installs and still having same issue.

Btw I am using duck station for emu

Edit: Never mind..... Found the issue

aroon

I noticed a bug with the squire's "Monster Skill" ability.

It's suposed to allow friendly monsters acquire 1 new skill within 3 cells from the character with Monster Skill equiped, but the skill only appears if the monster is directly adjacent to that human character.

In other words, Monster Skill have 1 cell range instead of 3.

3lric

Quote from: aroon on March 16, 2023, 04:02:18 pmI noticed a bug with the squire's "Monster Skill" ability.

It's suposed to allow friendly monsters acquire 1 new skill within 3 cells from the character with Monster Skill equiped, but the skill only appears if the monster is directly adjacent to that human character.

In other words, Monster Skill have 1 cell range instead of 3.

Vanilla

aroon

Quote from: Elric on March 18, 2023, 02:10:30 amVanilla

I don't understand. If Monster Skill isn't broken what am I doing wrong?

Jumza

Quote from: aroon on March 18, 2023, 11:57:03 pmI don't understand. If Monster Skill isn't broken what am I doing wrong?

You've got all the info! It has only ever worked on adjacent units, the description is worded a little misleadingly (by 3 tiles it means adjacent and up to a height difference of 3).

From the FFT Battle Mechanics Guide

"[Monster Skill] - 200 JP, Squire
Monsters standing on squares adjacent to you will have access to a new
skill (vertical tolerance 3).  This will have no effect if you are
Berserk, Confused, or Unable to Fight."
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

dragon022

March 26, 2023, 01:03:31 am #19 Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 08:32:02 am by dragon022
Hello guys! I am new on this patching psx games but I am having an issue.

I am trying to apply the TLW to the PSX image.
First I tried to patch directly using the lastest version (V2.031) and I was getting an error on the ppf-o-matic3, it was not able to open the file (not sure if this is expected).
Second: Patching first the version 1.02 and then patch using the version 2.031, worked on the ppf software. But when I was trying to run the game, I couldn't pass the opening, after putting my birthday and skipping (or waiting) the opening scene I got a black screen. (tested on epsxe, psx and duckstation, psx throw an error on the log about some kind od physical address access error).
Third: Just patch using the V1.02, I was able to pass the opening scene, will try to apply the v2.031 after passing the opening scene and while on monastery battle using a save state.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, I read the documentation to applying the patch and I think I was doing the steps correctly, but it's my first time trying this, sorry in advance!

EDIT: Re-tested today from a fresh start and I was able to patch and use v2.03 without issues! Seems I was already burned out on my first try haha, thanks for the mod!

Thanks!!