• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Shishi Works Jobs and Zodiacs

Started by shishi-sensou, February 21, 2011, 08:02:14 am

Kagebunji

Okay, I will try to do them today. And those spears look neat, I wonder how it would present in-game.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Only the sprite is paletted for now, cause I am kinda busy, I will get to the portrait soon. Overall I had to keep the main colors quite dark, since you use the darkest color for eyes etc., and changing it to a brighter tone ruins everything. Also, I fixed the eyes for you(again) on the forward side-view, do that for all the rest of the frames(me and Cheetah are nagging you about this since the beginning, hehe)"

Twinees

A couple of errors i can see, the charging frames shoulders are darker than the normal skin tone (next to the dead water frames) and your back singing frames look a bit weird. At the moment, the head is higher than normal then moves down a pixel, whereas it should be normal height then move up one pixel (like you have done for the forward singing frames).
  • Modding version: PSX

shishi-sensou

compare the portraits

JBab

Flan Dance!

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

GeneralStrife

Second one looks much better in comparison.

shishi-sensou

September 09, 2011, 04:05:14 pm #107 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:07:47 pm by shishi-sensou
Oficial
Asura Hero portrait

Zozma

i like the new portrait but i think the mouth needs a little work, maybe make the frown a little more visible or just make it one more pixel to the right. cant quite place it
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

It seems I am the only one who thinks earlier portrait is way better. The new one has weird angle, not seen very often(if seen at all) in FFT, and the hair looks weird, both bangs have highlights. Personally, first version is better for me.

ItsATwinThing

I agree with Kage, the shading on the first portrait is better. The second portrait has an odd angle, which is making the chin look too triangular. The ear could also be moved down a fex pixels and perhaps by removing the earring it would make him appear less feminine. His left bang has too many highlights and it seems like it is receiving light from a different angle. The top of the head is oddly shaded.

Hope that helps.
T2

shishi-sensou

Cheetah

Quote from: shishi-sensou on September 10, 2011, 11:24:32 am
hmm mayve i need more practice..

Everyone always needs more practice :). It is coming along nicely though, just keep working at it. Everything T2 said is right on the mark.
Current Projects:

shishi-sensou

September 10, 2011, 12:07:03 pm #113 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:55:19 pm by shishi-sensou
now?
I need to improve the shading or light?
thanks cheetah because I work hard .. esq work so fast and sometimes gives the impression of being easy
i need welp with the portrait in the game

Wolfran

I like the first portrait, this one has a weird mouth and his hair reminds me a chocobo's tail.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

shishi-sensou

Quote from: Wolfran on September 10, 2011, 05:55:16 pm
I like the first portrait, this one has a weird mouth and his hair reminds me a chocobo's tail.
ya is this the idea

Zozma

I like the hair i just dont think the mouth looks right, perhaps the lighter two pixels are too light and thats why i think so
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

shishi-sensou

September 11, 2011, 01:02:44 pm #117 Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:23:43 pm by shishi-sensou
now? i need this protrait in the game...

Kagebunji

September 11, 2011, 02:58:10 pm #118 Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:02:04 pm by Kagebunji
I kinda like the new bangs. My advice is to make mouth linear, it will make it look great.

Edit: I just fixed it for you, since it was a small change. I also worked on the chin line, since it was pillow shaded. Zoom in to see changes.

shishi-sensou

September 11, 2011, 03:10:52 pm #119 Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:01:28 pm by shishi-sensou
Quote from: Kagebunji on September 11, 2011, 02:58:10 pm
I kinda like the new bangs. My advice is to make mouth linear, it will make it look great.

Edit: I just fixed it for you, since it was a small change. I also worked on the chin line, since it was pillow shaded. Zoom in to see changes.

thanks kage ^^... i have a problem my portrait is inbisible in the game..
out of it, this is my new character Her name is 花 (Hana) and probably she will be a assasin