• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:56:07 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Sprite] Anastasia "Tiamat", The Dragon Knight & Czar

Started by R999, June 24, 2010, 03:33:21 am

Archael

Smash

winshmo2

how about a combination of both?

like..
[attachment=0:3tcu9jbk]Anastasia.png[/attachment:3tcu9jbk]
..?

Kagebunji

Haha, Winshmo is back with new great arts, I like it a lot. It is up to R.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Smash

I don't know. The heavy armored arm doesn't go along with the dress. It's why I chose R61.

It's the same as the sketch, only the armored arm was toned down a bit.

Nevertheless, nice way to portray the sketch idea. Gives loads more info than a small sprite. :)

Zozma

R61 gets my vote as well

@winshmo, you gotta draw the other characters, thats great lol
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

R999

This illustration has gotten me strangely into doing a Chinese oriental concept,

R57, 58, 58.5...

This might just be the one...  Lost the whites but gained an extra black for better shading.

Kagebunji

Nah, stick with R61, R. Without whites, it looks somewhat dull.

R999

@Kage: On the contrary, the whites were giving me too much contrast. It certainly does not look dull, that might be your monitor? Standing next to any FFT sprite, she has a quite a striking appearance. Also, please note the blacks can be brightened up slightly. There are 4 blacks which would allow for very rich shading.

Kagebunji

I still favor the one with whites, really, looks less "boring", you get what I mean.

Kagebunji

winshmo2

R61
EDIT: Inked little Anya..

Kagebunji

Sketch is good, add some colors, make lines more visible etc., and we will have art for one character :)

LastingDawn

As always, great art, Winshmo. Just recall that she wields a spear (which... I think you can find a sample in the "Weapons thread" here.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

Zozma

Quote from: "Voldemort"

u finished with this ^

stop now

i really say you should stop at this one, the other's overuse of green and gold is a little annoying... its just like how ppl like to make sprites that use too much black, it just makes it look less interesting
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

R999

This is Anastasia and her loyal hydra pet, the Black Dragon Czar.  (Note color splitting is required to achieve this recolor, of which it is mostly completed). This is actually where I got her colors from,

While the whites do look nice, however, it unfortunately doesn't fit her character well, nor does it look compatible with her pet. Even from Winshmo's sketch, the whites are giving her a sort of sporty look. Actually Anastasia wearing black armor with a green dress underneath would look even better, but as Zozma put it, black can be overused sometimes, and I agree. And no, I have tried black hair already.

By the way, please vote for Czar's colors.  Edit: I managed to give the Green Czar a golden glow on his eyes, though the glow is not as nice (it's 2 colors as opposed to 3).