• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The VK patch! Come and help us!

Started by karsten, March 14, 2008, 05:29:48 am

LastingDawn

March 19, 2008, 09:17:09 am #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... well I can't completely agree with getting rid of the "Talk Skill" in totality. I think it might be a good idea to spread it across the special characters? Quite a few of those are quite useful. To be rid of the whole line seems kind of... a waste, unless you plan on replacing them for new abilities. But combining them with the Oracle, doesn't really sit well with me for some reason...
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

VincentCraven

March 19, 2008, 01:04:04 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
When did this board get so active? Anyway, time for my two cents:

Provoke is great, but I'm not so sure it will work that way.

If Blade Grasp animation didn't fail, I would disagree with removing it. When we find out how to fix formulas Blade Grasp will be fine, but until then it should hit the bench.

If Blue Mage could learn Ultima2, it wouldn't be before the end, it would be AT the end. We have no good reason to give that skill to any other monster. Ultima(1) is a quick, powerful skill in FFT Sigma; if it's not better than Bolt3, who cares to use it? Might as well keep Screaming...

Necromancer: Does anyone know if Monk's 'Revive' skill revives undead units? If it doesn't work, Necromancer is pretty much screwed at the moment. I know little about Necromancers, but I think of them as undead units. As for that new status, we can't make those at this time IIRC. We do have a nice slotÂ
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

huthutchuck

March 19, 2008, 01:15:39 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
I do believe that Oracle needs help, one way or another.  I would prefer no charge to their abilities.  It sucks to wait on the possibility of a status effect.  If not the alternative could be to raise effectiveness of the spells.  

Mediator without brave/faith modifiers isn't totally useless but it will hurt.  If we remove human modifiers then look of fright needs to go to or change what it does. I always liked talking an enemy into waiting a turn.  I always wondered what can a person possibly say on a battlefield to get someone to wait and let the other person attack first.  Also a Mediator can talk a mage into berserk.  Very useful.

VincentCraven

March 19, 2008, 01:28:29 pm #63 Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:23:31 pm by VincentCraven
Karsten, you suggested we start by "1)agreeing on classes available/new and required levels."
How about the following classes at the following levels:

Squire-none
Knight-Level 3 Squire
Archer-Level 3 Squire
Monk-Level 3 Knight
Thief-Level 3 Archer
Geomancer-Level 4 Monk
Lancer-Level 4 Thief
Samurai-Level 4 Knight, Level 5 Monk, Level 2 Lancer
Ninja-Level 4 Archer, Level 5 Thief, Level 2 Geomancer

Chemist-none
Priest-Level 3 Chemist
Wizard-Level 3 Chemist
Oracle-Level 3 Priest
Time Mage-Level 3 Wizard
Blue Mage-Level 4 Oracle
Summoner-Level 4 Time Mage
Red Mage-Level 3 Priest, Level 3 Wizard, Level 2 Knight

Dancer*-Level 4 Lancer, Level 4 Geomancer
Bard*-Level 4 Summoner, Level 4 Blue Mage
Mime-Level 4 Geomancer, Level 4 Lancer, level 4 Blue Mage, level 4 Summoner

*Dancer is still female only, Bard still male only

Once we agree on who is in the job tree, we can decide on stats/innates.
[Edit: Red Mage changed from 4BM/WM to 3BM/WM]

I say Mediator should hit the deck if all br/fa mod skills are disappearing. We changed Persuade in FFT Sigma to avoid problems with fighting Zodiac monsters, and Insult and Mimic Daravon both add effects that Oracle can add.  Yes, Yin-Yang will have higher accuracy; most of the skills are already quick enough.

LastingDawn

March 19, 2008, 02:06:17 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, I like the new lines! It's  quite orderly in it's appearance, but aren't Red Mages supposed to be a weaker kind of class? As the ultimate reward of the Chemist tree, it seems a bit... weak. Of course at this point, what would normally be a weak class seems to have the equipment and skills prior to make it into a powerhouse. Well, that's just my guess on the whole arrangement. So no Dark Knight or Onion Knight, correct?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Austin

March 19, 2008, 03:48:48 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Invitation is for Ramza. The other Talk skill that is not covered is Death Sentence. Who shall receive that? Idk

Make one of the blue mage's skills death sentence like in the sigma patch. That solves that.

And I think red mage does need to be available earlier, it seems like a class most suited to the first 2 chapters.

So no Dark Knight or Onion Knight, correct?
Definitely not.
  • Modding version: PSX

VincentCraven

March 19, 2008, 04:14:51 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
So... Red Mage with lower requirements? Like what? Lv3BM/WM and Lv2 Knight? I thought we were giving Red Mage Short Charge >_>

Or was that because we wanted it to be a special class?

Austin

March 19, 2008, 04:24:22 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Well even with short charge, it still only has lvl 1 and 2 spells with mediocre ma. So unless we want to improve one of those categories it should be available quicker. As for level requirements, probably just lvl3 blk/wht mage. Lvl 2 knight is kind of just an annoyance as a requirement since you'd only have to be in it for 1 or 2 battles at the most.

Xifanie

March 19, 2008, 04:42:59 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I find lvl3 BM/WM + lvl2 Knight perfect.

the Red Mage's stats are basically the average of knight's, WM, and BM.

It can equip swordies and shields so lvl2 Knight is a must.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

trickstardude7

March 19, 2008, 06:15:45 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
did the sprites of zodiac and such get completed?

NeedsMoreNoise

March 19, 2008, 09:02:09 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Does anyone else agree that the Chaos Blade's PA should be decreased?

Austin

March 19, 2008, 09:05:36 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Hellz yeah. At least to 30 maybe less.

Zozma

March 19, 2008, 09:09:10 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
probably 30 or 35... no even 35 is too much i think..
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Asmo X

March 19, 2008, 09:19:24 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Instead of taking bags out, I think we should come up with a good niche for them; make them do something that other weapons don't. That's pretty much what has happened with the other weapon categories right?

The way I see it, you could leave Bade Grasp in so long as your brave could not possibly be permanently above, say 40. But that's going to suck for all the non-broken reaction skills. Making Blade Grasp good by raising brave in battle is actually ok to me. At least there is an in-battle cost to making it worth it. It's the permanent raise that's a worry. And also the fact that you can have mantles and shields to add to the evasion. As I've said before, if there was absolutely no way to start a battle with an evasion above, say 50% then I'd be all for Blade Grasp. But this might require sweeping changes.

Would it be possible to create a spell that turns you into, say, a fully working monster? Essentially, it would be an on-the-fly class change. I'm right in assuming that's not how frog works, and that it's just a sprite change, a power decrease, and the locking of your skills, right?

Zozma

March 19, 2008, 09:23:25 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
moldball virus will permenantly turn generics into morbols if im not mistaken?

Asmo X

March 19, 2008, 09:28:36 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Quote from: "Zozma"moldball virus will permenantly turn generics into morbols if im not mistaken?

I'm stupid

I liked the thought of a "morphing" class. You'd basically be able to turn into special versions of Frog, Chicken and Morbol. Would probably require the editing of 4 classes though. Ouch.

Xifanie

March 19, 2008, 09:30:42 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Anyone ever tried changing Reis into a morbol? I believe it will generate new random stats but I'm not sure. It could also take the existing stats and you could create a morbol god.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Austin

March 19, 2008, 09:41:09 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Quote from: "Zozma"probably 30 or 35... no even 35 is too much i think..
I think the highest wp weapons should get to is around 25. The best knife has 12wp and the best ninja knife has 15, so stuff like the javelin2 and chaos blade end up outclassing other weapons by way too much.

Zozma

March 19, 2008, 09:42:08 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
what would be cooler is if you could change the monster to something else like a dragon. i have an idea if its possible to do that, you could make a special class (actually make special classes that always have the morph skills to morph into the other 2 or 3 forms) it might make random status changes but still you could have a shapeshifter. basically have a Special human unit and a few special monsters (like the ultima demon/holy dragon kind so you can assing that ability auto learned as the first 2 or 3 skills)

Austin

March 19, 2008, 09:54:08 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Speaking of morphing, now that we have the technology I really think this game needs more Power Rangers in it. Just by adding them the game's 1337ness would increase by like 173%.