• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:51 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Emergence (PSP)

Started by BleuVII, January 17, 2017, 11:11:35 pm

Helbram

Hello lads, just want to thank you all for this amazing patch. But how do I make Gafgarion cast Dusk blade. He always seem to spam Shadow blade. Is there a method to trigger it?
  • Modding version: WotL

Filil

Quote from: Helbram on September 20, 2019, 04:36:06 pm
Hello lads, just want to thank you all for this amazing patch. But how do I make Gafgarion cast Dusk blade. He always seem to spam Shadow blade. Is there a method to trigger it?

He only spams 1 skill. I reset the game around 40 times trying to get both skills. But in C.4 you can get it with JP.

I'm in the last battle against High Seraph. But when it's her turn, she moves and don't do any action, the game "freeze", like when u press the triangle button. Can someone help me?

(My english is a little poor, sorry. BR here)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Raijinili

Someone posted on GameFAQs complaining about the Luso battle at Zeklaus. Watching their playthroughs, I see that they're losing a speed tie (7 SP) to Luso and the Behemoths, who kill him before the player's turn. Luso gets Twistered (34% HP damage) by two King Behemoths and a Behemoth1 after he jumps in. The Dark Behemoth takes a turn but is out of range. The other two Behemoths don't get 100 CT.

In Vanilla, Behemoth1s get their 6th SP at level 19, while it seems that in Emergence, they get their 7th at level 18. Decreasing the level of the lv18 Behemoth1 will decrease the number of turn 1 Twisters by 1, allowing him to survive until speed-tied player units can act (unless he got Countered). The battle is around level 15 to 25, and at least in Vanilla, natural base SP becomes 8 at level 34.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

BleuVII

Gaffgarion will cast Dusk Blade when he is between 4-7MP. Tests of this battle had him getting there every time.

I'll look into High Seraph and the Behemoth Battle. I don't consciously remember editing the Behemoths's speed stat, and it didn't come up in either of my test plays. Luso's speed also did not change between v1.1 and v.2.0.

PapaQuackers

Heyo,

Liking the mod so far, very early into it. Noticed a rather frustrating bug in my attempt to master Squire though. Water Animate appears on the skill list twice, and you can continually attempt to learn both skills but all it does is drain your skill points. I've inadvertently leveled it many times lol.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

BleuVII

Quote from: PapaQuackers on October 27, 2019, 09:58:55 pm
Heyo,

Liking the mod so far, very early into it. Noticed a rather frustrating bug in my attempt to master Squire though. Water Animate appears on the skill list twice, and you can continually attempt to learn both skills but all it does is drain your skill points. I've inadvertently leveled it many times lol.

Thanks for bringing that up. That first one SHOULD be Fire Anima. I'm working on a v2.1 and will fix that.

Amici

Hey any news on the next version? I love your hack, and I'm itching for a replay of FFT. Your edit is perfect for my purposes :D

BleuVII

Quote from: Amici on November 20, 2019, 08:21:32 pm
Hey any news on the next version? I love your hack, and I'm itching for a replay of FFT. Your edit is perfect for my purposes :D

Next version should be out by the end of the year. There's a new tool for the PSP version called Valhalla that should save me HOURS when compiling a new version, and I am meeting the creator of it to get a hands on tutorial of it though, as it's not the most user-friendly. With this new tool, I should be able to port my changes to the US version, fix the bug where the final battle crashes, remove the 20 kill requirement for the Magus, and more.

Amici

Nice. That means I won't be starting my playthrough yet though. I'd rather wait until you release. Thanks!

OmniEevee

I've been having a problem getting this to work on PPSSPP.  The vanilla rom runs fine.  It's just after I patch Emergence in that it immediately crashes PPSSPP.  What's going on here?

OmniEevee

Quote from: OmniEevee on November 28, 2019, 11:13:16 pm
I've been having a problem getting this to work on PPSSPP.  The vanilla rom runs fine.  It's just after I patch Emergence in that it immediately crashes PPSSPP.  What's going on here?

Never mind, the creator of the hack got back to me on Romhacking.net; I was using the US version because I didn't see that it required the European version.  Whoops, lol.

BleuVII

Thanks for the bug reporting guys. I have uploaded v1.3, which fixes the Luso battle and the final battle against Ultima. The last battle was tricky. It's because Ultima's teleport shares an ability slot with Dusk Blade (Enemy Version). As far as I know, it's the only time that animation is used outside of a cutscene. I had done my "database cleanup", and had set the animation on Dusk Blade to the same thing as Dusk Blade (Ally Version), which was an unnecessary change due to the way the enemy version is coded. So what happened is that Ultima would teleport, and the game would go into an infinite loop waiting to show the HP/MP damage.

I should also announce that I am working on FFT:E 2.0. ZZDD from Romhacking.net has finally cracked the code on PSP ASM hacking, and has created the utility Valhalla to apply ASM patches, as well as offer a more reliable utility for hacking the text of the PSP version. So, FFT:E will include:
*Removal of hardcoded requirements for the Magus (Dark Knight in the original). So no more 20-kill requirement!
*Arithmetician will be able to get spells from all classes, so the Bio line will show up.
*Addition of spell quotes back into the game.
*Novels translated and added.
*Support for the US ISO (FFT:E has been  EU only till now).
*Expansion of Treasure Hunter, Poaching, and ENTD data to include the PSP items.

I am setting NO release date for this, so don't wait on it to play Emergence. I am very happy with version 1.3, and would not have considered a 2.0 without the new utilities available. Saves will be compatible, and any changes added by 2.0 will be endgame-only changes.

bluefoxmage

Hello, everyone. New to the forum.:mrgreen:
I would like to thank BleuVII for fixing the Luso battle. I always wanted to play this hack, but I also always read that it was impossible to get past the Luso battle and, as I never finished the original game, I would like to play a version that really pleased me. Thank you, again.:D
"Surrender or die in obscurity!", Ramza Beoulve.

BleuVII

Never responded to this on this forum. Gaffgarion will only cast Dusk Blade if you have mp-based damage-dealing spells equipped. The good news is that Ramza's "Spirit Blade" counts for this. If that's still not working for you, you need to get him down to the point where he can't use Shadow Blade (not enough MP), but he still has enough MP to use Dusk Blade. Based on the stats I gave him, that should happen naturally in the course of the Lionel Castle Gate fight. If it's not working, you can use Chakra (Monk), Refresh (Cleric), or an Ether (Chemist) to restore some HP to him. I will note that his AI is unchanged from the vanilla game. The only thing that's changed is the MP requirements for the Dark Knight skills.

Remigod

December 19, 2019, 11:45:06 am #94 Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 10:53:25 am by Remigod
Cant download from mobile been using outdated patch for a while thought it would be nice to update it help please

Edit: diwnloaded rom patcher and problems went away nvm

travelgenes1989

Is there anyway to get Gaffgarion to stop spamming Stone at Zeirchele Falls so I can actually learn some Dark Knight Ramza skills? He hasn't cast a single sword skill.

BleuVII

Quote from: travelgenes1989 on February 03, 2020, 03:48:46 pm
Is there anyway to get Gaffgarion to stop spamming Stone at Zeirchele Falls so I can actually learn some Dark Knight Ramza skills? He hasn't cast a single sword skill.

You cannot learn the Dark Knight skills at Zeirchele Falls, even if you CAN get him to cast them. Your first opportunity is at Golgollada Gallows.

blood_falcon

@BleuVII

Thank you for the patch. I cannot believe the equally useless character like Rapha and Malak can be mighty useful in this patch.

Also, can you also add Celia and Lettie's skills like Suffocate, to any of the special class? such as Balthier in order to make him unique. Because he is still a carbon-copy of mixture of thief and Mustadio.

BleuVII

Quote from: blood_falcon on February 12, 2020, 05:50:13 pm
Also, can you also add Celia and Lettie's skills like Suffocate, to any of the special class? such as Balthier in order to make him unique. Because he is still a carbon-copy of mixture of thief and Mustadio.

I am not going to do that, for balance reasons. Suffocate is a 100% KO... it's WAY too powerful for a player character, but perfect for a memorable boss. However, I'll give you the answer I give everyone who wants to make "just one change": download FFTPatcher, open up your ISO, and tinker to your heart's content! You can even release your tinkering as an addendum patch to Emergence if you feel it's worth it.

Also... I was surprised my ideas for Rapha and Marach worked so well. I don't think I ever took Marach out of my party once I got him, which is a sentence I NEVER thought I would type.

Nyzer

Never even mind how unfitting an ability it would be for Balthier. It would legitimately fit him better to have the Plunder skills scrapped and being given some of the Squire skills than it would to give him Suffocate, etc.