• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Glain's Assorted ASM (Latest: RSM, Skillsets, Jump, ENTD, oh my!)

Started by Glain, October 07, 2011, 07:27:15 pm

Pickle Girl Fanboy

While you're talking about Swordskills, could you make another hack which, along with doing all the things Raven's request does, changes the + Y to - Y.  Unless it was +X, not +Y.  You know what I mean.

Sterling LaVaughn

I've been playing through the full game with the Story Progression Gear hack and the Gear Level bugfix. One thing I've noticed is that enemies will still occasionally use old items later in the game; you might see two Knights late in Chapter 4, one with a Rune Blade and another with a Diamond Sword.

It also seems like anytime you have multiple items of the same type available at the same time (Fire/Ice/Thunder Rods, Flame/Ice Shields, etc.), those items will keep coming up too. I'm assuming it counts the "extra" items as their own item types like with the old Linen Robe problem, but I haven't bothered verifying it.

Anyway, the whole thing works great. You won't notice the weird selection thing until long after you're capable of plowing through groups with <Random> across the board, at which point it becomes a cool little flavor bit.

RavenOfRazgriz

Important Question: Is your MA*(WP+Y) 100% Status or 19% Status?  If it's only 19% Status, could I get a 100%* Status version?  Same with the Night/Dark Sword hack, if the current setup is only 19% Status.  I've been designing with those hacks and assuming they're 100%* Status, but they don't actually list whether they're 100%* or 19% Status.

(By 100% Status, I mean they function how 2D functions, where Separate is 19%, All or Nothing, Random, Cancel are all 100%.)

Pride

It appears his Dark/Night Sword does proc at 100% like formula 2d but his MA*WP is 19% because it goes off of the same routine as the Truth formula, so making it like formula 2D it would affect all the formulas that use the Truth routine.

Battle.bin
0x001217DC
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Pride

The ones that I know... 1e, 20, 24, 4e, and 5e. I don't believe there are anymore.

Glain

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on January 23, 2012, 03:40:43 pm
While you're talking about Swordskills, could you make another hack which, along with doing all the things Raven's request does, changes the + Y to - Y.  Unless it was +X, not +Y.  You know what I mean.

I could probably make it so that putting in a number for Y > 127 would make it count as negative (two's complement rules). There's nothing intuitive about it at all as far as I can tell but it'd allow +/- and I can't imagine anyone would use a Y > 127 anyway because it's just gonna end up 999 once you get PA > 7.

EDIT: It's fairly simple, too... I could probably just change the routine called for that (0x00185e5c) and do an lb instead of an lbu so I'll get sign extension. Of course, that'd end up changing any WP+Y formulas as well, but there's really no reason to use Y > 127 on any of them unless I'm missing something.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Pride on January 24, 2012, 10:18:51 pm
The ones that I know... 1e, 20, 24, 4e, and 5e. I don't believe there are anymore.

So this would affect Geomancy and the basic MA*Y formula...?

...Interesting.

Quote from: Glain on January 25, 2012, 03:45:23 pm
EDIT: It's fairly simple, too... I could probably just change the routine called for that (0x00185e5c) and do an lb instead of an lbu so I'll get sign extension. Of course, that'd end up changing any WP+Y formulas as well, but there's really no reason to use Y > 127 on any of them unless I'm missing something.

Yup. I'd go for it - there's no reason not to, really.  More functionality is always welcome.

This is similar to something FDC and I devised for his Formula Hack to get lots of options in small amounts of space.  I assume you've read through the rewrites in regards to that so far that FDC has posted in the ASM Collective BATTLE.BIN Map thread.  If not, check those out - we do some crazy shit involving multiples of 8.

Pride

And HP damaging Draw Out as well, for all its worth. The routine for non-faith HP damaging magic, which is why it affects all those formulas. I just have it labelled in my notes as "Truth" routine which isn't exactly accurate.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

@last three posts:
1. I fucking love you guys.
2. This is just what I wanted, thank you so much, did I mention I love you?

I always thought that swordskills should be weaker than Attack, since they are ranged, elemental (can possibly do more damage), and deal status effects.  Now, (by the power of grayskull dot dot dot) I have the power.

I'm so pumped about The Formula Hack.  Yes, it does rate proper noun status.  I don't remember correctly, but will you be able to flag an ability as Magical in the AI box and have it behave as such(as in it is affected by Shell, Magic Attack/Defense Up, and M-Ev), to free up other flags?  Will there be flags or bits you can use to determine if a formula will use or affect PA, MA, SP, and so on?

If I really wanted to be hardcore, I'd request a hack that allows the swordskill formula to act like the Attack formula.  As in, it references the weapon formula, then adds or subtracts (Y) from the XA (or whatever).

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Pride on January 25, 2012, 04:23:39 pm
And HP damaging Draw Out as well, for all its worth. The routine for non-faith HP damaging magic, which is why it affects all those formulas. I just have it labelled in my notes as "Truth" routine which isn't exactly accurate.

That's actually important to me since I have a few Draw Out formula skills that inflict Statuses.

Thanks for clarifying.

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on January 25, 2012, 04:28:35 pmI don't remember correctly, but will you be able to flag an ability as Magical in the AI box and have it behave as such(as in it is affected by Shell, Magic Attack/Defense Up, and M-Ev), to free up other flags?  Will there be flags or bits you can use to determine if a formula will use or affect PA, MA, SP, and so on?

If I really wanted to be hardcore, I'd request a hack that allows the swordskill formula to act like the Attack formula.  As in, it references the weapon formula, then adds or subtracts (Y) from the XA (or whatever).

Yes, yes, and yes.  The third one is actually handled in Formula Hack by just adding a Y value after the WP in the Dmg_Weapon formula in addition to the existing rewrites around it.  You could probably do that as it stands, preferrably with FDC's Weapon Formula Rewrite version.  I believe there's leftover space in there somewhere to be manhandled around with.

Glain

We could probably make Y always accept negative numbers for every formula, except that pesky [1a] (Speed Ruin, etc) uses Y as the hit modifier instead of the effect/damage one for some reason, so it has values > 127.

EDIT: What the heck... making a hack for it anyway.

RavenOfRazgriz

Haha.  You could just code an exception for 1A?

Also, Celdia just brought to my attention a bug present in the original 2D Formula, at least from her testings in making skills for CCP: If it has a Y of 0, it doesn't apply the status, even if All or Nothing.  Does this behavior still exist with your Swordskill ASM?  If it does, any ideas on how to fix it?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Glain on January 25, 2012, 05:55:57 pm
We could probably make Y always accept negative numbers for every formula, except that pesky [1a] (Speed Ruin, etc) uses Y as the hit modifier instead of the effect/damage one for some reason, so it has values > 127.

EDIT: What the heck... making a hack for it anyway.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 26, 2012, 01:49:18 am
Haha.  You could just code an exception for 1A?

Does it make more sense to instead make 1A act like other formulas?  Switch what X and Y do around so it's not the weirdo, I mean.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 26, 2012, 01:49:18 am
Also, Celdia just brought to my attention a bug present in the original 2D Formula, at least from her testings in making skills for CCP: If it has a Y of 0, it doesn't apply the status, even if All or Nothing.  Does this behavior still exist with your Swordskill ASM?  If it does, any ideas on how to fix it?

I encountered that too, while trying to make Night Sword add Darkness, KO, Death Sentence, or Vampire at Random All Or Nothing.  While Dark Sword was getting Silence, Sleep, and Slow, and Stop at Random All Or Nothing. 

Yes, Ramza was getting Dark Swordskills.

Yes it was my first patch.

SHUT UP

Glain

So, I've finally done some adding/reorganizing in this thread, notably adding a bunch of hacks that were either in my .482 FFTPatcher XML file, hacks of mine that were in various places throughout the forum, and/or hacks that were randomly sitting somewhere on my hard drive. (e.g. All formulas apply elemental, damage/healing multipliers, item defense, some changes to the swordskill patch, the Require Materia Blade -> Item type hack, etc.)  Most of my ASM should be consolidated into this thread with those additions. There should also be a bugfix here when using the defense hack with the elemental hack.

I even added another gear level hack, because we certainly needed another one of those!

RavenOfRazgriz

Glain, you realize those Unknowns in FFTP actually relate to AI functions, right?

I slapped a post on the forum in the Help section somewhere detailing what most of them do.  You should probably make sure your gear hacks and whatnot don't start making the AI go herp berp derp because they also set it to have a weird priorty.

Glain

In that post, 0x0169 is 0x25 and 0x016b is 0x27 (0x25 and 0x27 are the unlabelled ones).  I'm quite sure they're never set to anything other than 0 for any unit in vanilla.  I also did some other kind of test (read breakpoints or something) and got nothing relevant.  I'm currently using this new one and haven't found anything weird going on.

Glain

I've made some updates to some of my existing hacks, notably creating a version 2 of the universal elemental hack (all formulas apply elemental) which should be more consistent as far as affecting damage and healing for both HP and MP instead of just modifying HP damage.  The swordskill hack should also be more consistent about strengthening whether using physical (PA) or magic (MA) versions.  I've also updated a few other hacks with new versions, and made use of variables to try to eliminate the patches that had dependencies on other patches.  I've modified the original post to make note of the updates and link to the new XML file!

Glain

I've finally updated this to include my latest ASMs, some of which were around already but not included here, and a bunch of others that are new, including a variety of things that I had been tinkering around with for a while...

Fix Reraise Graphic Width
The graphic width for the Reraise status text is slightly too short; this patch fixes that.

Start button skips events, effects, battle and event text, etc.
Thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11608.0

Speed shortens ability CT
This one uses a curve where CT is affected more at lower speeds, and the effect depends on the CT factor you choose (default 5).  With CT Factor = 5, it begins taking effect at Speed = 5 and ability CT halves by Speed = 10, and would quarter by Speed = 20. 
Basically, for any ability, the CT is affected by a multiplier where ((CT Multiplier) = (CT Factor) / Speed).

Geomancy single ability
A single ability for geomancy, having the appropriate effect based on terrain.  Ability ID can be specified; default is 0x7E (Pitfall)

JP scroll glitch actual fix (Disable paging on confirm menu)
This patch disables paging up or down while the confirm menu is up on the ability learn screen.  As a result, there is no way to do the JP scroll glitch.

Unit slots backfilled when unit is removed from party
Removing a unit from the party no longer leaves a gap in the party!

Speed up text crawls
Speeds up text crawls significantly.
Text delays longer than a certain amount are changed to that amount.  Default is 2.  Lower is faster.

Switch unit number with L1 and R1 buttons (formation)
Switch unit number with L1 and R1 buttons in the formation screen.  Changes unit order as appropriate.  L1 and R1 still work normally (switching the selected unit) in menus.

Press buttons to win!
Press a button combination (default L1 + Select) to win the current battle.  It needs to be done while the game is processing the battle event conditionals, so between turns, or between a unit moving and acting, or somesuch.  Works even in Bethla Sluice.

Load Formation ignored if unit not in party
Doesn't try to load a unit from the party from the ENTD (Load Formation flag set) if they're not in the party, and instead uses whatever data is in the ENTD for that unit.  You won't normally encounter this scenario, but if it were to happen in the normal game, it would create a messed up unit that would overwrite Ramza when the battle/event was over.

Break out of multi-battle sequences
Break out of multi-battle sequences by pressing a button combination directly after exiting the formation screen.  Default is L1 + R1.
Includes the "Load Formation ignored if unit not in party" patch, because that situation can occur if breaking out of a sequence where a Guest has already left the party.

Equipment duplication glitch fixes
Fixes the equipment duplication glitches that can be triggered from using Best Fit in the shops.

Level down fix
Fixes leveling down to subtract raw stats based on old level instead of new level, so it should subtract the same amount gained in the previous level.  Also fixes level up abilities so that they add the same amount as leveling up via experience gain.

Crits always deal bonus damage
Crit XA bonus minimum is 1 instead of 0.  Maximum is still XA - 1.

Always crit
Always get a critical hit.  Can be useful if you're testing crits or somesuch.

3lric

Press buttons to win is fantastic. Thank you Glain. Thats almost enough to make me go finish TLW, since i dont gotta muck around with no OP Ramza derpiness.

Question though. Does this finish the battle or just jump to the next condition, or what?