• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:57:47 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Pride's ASM Thread (MP Switch overflow damages HP)

Started by Pride, April 04, 2011, 07:12:17 am

LastingDawn

Wow! This is quite impressive! Though one thing I couldn't quite understand in it, does it only apply to one item at a time? For instance can I only have One item use this new Weapon Proc? Or is there something I'm missing that allows you to add as many as you like? Even if it is just one it still has a great ton of potential!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Pride

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking... Each weapon can get a separate rate, so you can have Rune Blade cast Break Magic at 50%, have Thunder Rod cast Thunder at 75%, have Ice Brand cast Ice 2 at 35%, so on and so forth. Then there is an extra feature that creates an accessory that boost the proc rate of said weapons by x2.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

LastingDawn

Hmm, there's no limit to how many weapons one can have unique proc chances? And if this is the case, do you just continue to use the bytes after the initial 0xF6AA0?

What exactly is the data that's being replaced by this hack, out of curiosity?

Art of War

formerdeathcorps

May 18, 2011, 04:02:32 am #43 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:04:11 am by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: LastingDawn on May 18, 2011, 03:59:03 am
Hmm, there's no limit to how many weapons one can have unique proc chances? And if this is the case, do you just continue to use the bytes after the initial 0xF6AA0?

You can have as many as you do weapons themselves, but you have to align it correctly.  If you have the first and the last weapon with unique proc chances, then you need to type in
XX1919191919...YY, where XX is the first weapon's proc chance, and YY is the last weapon's.

What exactly is the data that's being replaced by this hack, out of curiosity?

Kanji table, most likely.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

LastingDawn

I see, that clarifies it greatly, thanks FDC. Hmm, such a thing would have great potential as a spreadsheet, I would imagine due to its inclusive purpose and the add-on feel it contains merely by the hack itself that as a spreadsheet it would be much more accessible. As a hack though its still quite a piece of work!

Art of War

Pride

May 18, 2011, 04:31:19 am #45 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:31:58 am by Pride
If I knew how to create spreadsheets I would =P

I love spreadsheets

Edit: Yes it just replaces more of the Kanji Table.

RandMuadDib

Wow thats really really cool! I definitely have to keep this hack in mind for after i solve all the other problems i'm currently dealing with in my patch :D
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

The Damned

(All this spreadsheet talk reminds me that I need to re-teach myself Excel. It would be nice to have an actually useful skill for once....)

Great to see that you're still working on this.

I'm definitely using the Work formula, 0 Gil Level bonus and individual weapon proc changes in addition to the Untruth bug fix. This reminds me that I should probably update my Embargo thread with that before I forget yet again.

As tempting as it is, I won't ask you for hacks right now since like I said, I wouldn't do that until I could actually code, which I still can't.

Regardless, keep up the good work and such.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

If you need any help with Gnumeric or OpenOffice Calc, just ask me.  Sometimes it's hard to figure out where they put, say, the freeze panes feature.

LastingDawn

Ah yes, Pride. I have a favor to ask, something that I would imagine is rather minor. Would you be able to find the code that enables Female only equipment and get rid of it?

Art of War

Pride

Pickle Girl Fanboy

And could you change that 40 to something else to make it male only, or male and female?  Where's the byte that determines what type of equipment gets the gender requirment?

Pride

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Formula_Hacking

0x0006=

* 0x80 Male
    * 0x40 Female
    * 0x20 Monster
    * 0x10 Join After Event
    * 0x08 Load Formation
    * 0x04 ??? Stats
    * 0x02
    * 0x01 Save Formation

So changing it to 80 would change the gear to Male only, to C0 would allow both male and female to equip those items, etc.

LastingDawn

Excellent. Thank you very much Pride. You sure did find this one fast.

Art of War

Pride

I already had the information to do this in my notes (thanks to SecondAdvent) and I'm also using the same thing in my patch.

Pride

Thanks to knowledge from FDC (and also credits to Glain), I know the Individual Spell Proc ASM also acts as a way to boost status procs with the flag "all or nothing" but retains the 25% value when using "separate". So... It doubles for that now. So hurray for 1-100% status procs along with spell procs.

I also can't believe I missed this but I suppose it also stems from the fact that I cannot test as well as I would like. I need to further test this to see if there's anything I'm missing. Any input from anyone using this for odd bugs or unexpected things let me know.

The Damned

(It feels like I'm forgetting to ask you something yet again.)

Speaking of forgotten things, just to clarify, for the hack that turns formula 11 into damage that's equal Y, does that formula check against physical evasion or magical evasion? I think that most of the non-standard ones default to physical evasion, but I can never remember correctly.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Pride

Strangely it doesn't check any evasion... Not sure why I did that (I usually at the very least have it check Physical Evasion)

The Damned

(Wow, that was quick.)

Ah, hunh. That's...an issue then. I had the idea to maybe use that formula for Steel Giants, but, yeah, I don't really like abilities that can't be evaded. And, of course, only now do I remember that a lot of without any type of variable simply can't be evaded, which is extremely annoying.

...Hey, I just had an idea.

If you could maybe "fix" that (provided that you wanted to, of course), then could you maybe also "fix" the fact that Undead units can dodged healing attacks even though they do damage to them? I'm guessing not given that healing formulas don't normally check against anything--why would they--but I figure I might as well ask since Item desperately needs the wind taken out of its sails.

Regardless, thanks.