• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:21:59 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Is it possible to use Elric’s story creation tutorial for WOTL? [Solved]

Started by Ralus, August 12, 2022, 10:44:51 pm

Ralus

Hi, I've recently got back into FFT modding and I have decided to create my own story with characters from FF 12 that I am currently creating!

For my question, is Elric's story creation tutorial compatible with WOTL?

If not, I have been looking into the PSX version and I'm not sure how I would go about in accessing the main files (EVENT FOLDER, UNIT.BIN, ETC) as I just have a .bin file of the actual game.

Any help is much appreciated it!

Edit: Figured it out how to access these files for PSX and decided to move away from WOTL.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Ralus

nitwit

What tutorials have you read already? Can you link to them and give a quick rundown of what steps you completed, what issues you had, and which you couldn't complete?

You need CD Mage to access files on a PS1 disc image, but it seems you already figured that out.

Ralus

Hey thanks for the reply,

For accessing files such as unit.bin/wldface.bin for the PSX version, I simply used CDmage as you have mentioned and just went to town with replacing sprites and remapping portraits for them.

I'm also using this tutorial https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8229.msg163302#msg163302 for making my story.

I don't really need any more assistance for now, but I appreciate the reply! So, a moderator can mark this as resolved.

Thank you!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Ralus