• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 11:19:06 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

How would you rate all the status effects?

Started by nitwit, October 28, 2021, 08:13:20 pm

nitwit

October 28, 2021, 08:13:20 pm Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 09:15:27 pm by nitwit
From 0 to 9, how would you rate these buffs and debuffs?

Debuffs
0: Not an issue
9: Critically serious

Buffs
0: Wasted turn.
9: Always useful.

Debuffs
Dead
Undead
Petrify
Invite
Darkness (Rate it twice: as vanilla, and if all classes had better C-Ev that worked partially on the back and sides)
Confusion
Silence
Blood Suck
Oil (Assume it actually worked, and made you weak to fire no matter what)
Berserk (Rate it twice: as vanilla, and if it allowed player control but blocked the use of silence-flagged skills)
Chicken
Frog
Poison
Slow
Stop
Charm
Sleep
Don't Move
Don't Act
Death Sentence (rate it twice: as vanilla, and if death immunity didn't prevent it and it didn't stack with undead)

Buffs
Defending
Float
Reraise
Transparent
Regen
Protect
Shell
Haste

Both
Faith
Innocent
Reflect

Orkney

Assuming they've a 100% hit. And i guess it's very subjective and bound to my way to play the game
Debuffs
 Dead 9
 Undead 1
 Petrify 9
 Invite 9
 Darkness 3 - 5
 Confusion 6
 Silence 3
 Blood Suck 0
 Oil 3
 Berserk 6 - 3
 Chicken 6
 Frog 6
 Poison 1
 Slow 5
 Stop 7
 Charm 7
 Sleep 7
 Don't Move 3
 Don't Act 6
 Death Sentence 3 - 3

Buffs
 Defending 0
 Float 0
 Reraise 6
 Transparent 5
 Regen 3
 Protect 7
 Shell 7
 Haste 7

Both
 Faith 4
 Innocent 4
 Reflect 1
  • Modding version: PSX

nitwit

I thought blood suck would be rated worse, since it's harder to cure confusion + berserk, and it's contagious.

Why did you rate death sentence the same before and after it's fixed?

Orkney

Hi,

You're probably right for bloodsuck (i don't use it at all, and i can remember only one combat where it was a problem)

For death sentence, it's because of the 3 turns delay. Since in vanilla you can kill anybody in 2 blows (if not one), i never use it.

• Modding version: PSX

RamzaSnake

As far as buffs are concerned, I think haste is the most important one.  I think transparency is a close second.
For example, the perfume septieme (haste, invisibility, and +1 MA) is probably the best accessory, even when considering the opportunity cost of running sage's ring on your casters.

consider this Rafa build:

Not only does she start off invisible, but she has vanish so if she's behind on CT, either ramza or luso can throw a rock at her to turn back invisible while charging an ability.

Reis has the same build as a summoner using faith rod.

The other example is Orlandu.

when he uses jump, he doesn't decloak until after he strikes.  Also, being able to position yourself against an enemy caster to reflect a spell strategically off of the reflect mail is a pretty neat trick.  Plus look at his sprite.  Great for RP.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL