• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Online Event Debugger

Started by mmatyas, October 16, 2021, 12:15:58 pm

mmatyas

Hey there, it's been a while. About a year ago I started working on an event viewer/debugger, combined with a map viewer, running in the browser. I was using it for translation, but then 2020/21 happened, and the whole thing has been on hold for a while.

In the past weeks however, I've started working on the project a bit more again, and it's going quite well. The translation just reached the end of chapter one, and as a "celebration" I've decided to get the tool into shape and release whatever is working so far.

You can try it out here: https://mmatyas.github.io/fft/eventplayer/

Most events are still missing of course, but perhaps you might still find some use in it. I also added support for Xifanie's events from the wiki, but I haven't actually tried any of the large mods out there, like The Lion War, with it.

It support both the US and the Japanese releases:

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Will this load custom events?

Does it support the new commands from the event instruction upgrade hack?
  • Modding version: PSX

mmatyas

Yes, it should be able to load and recognize all events currently on the wiki (ie. up to version 1.371). It should work both with opening a custom TEST.EVT or using the game disk, but I haven't tried out any full mods yet (in particular, the list of maps is hardcoded at the moment).

adamrt

Another amazing tool @mmatyas!

Are you going to release the source for either of these projects?

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

mmatyas

Maybe! I'm not 100% pleased with the code at the moment, but I was thinking about releasing some of my tools after I finish the translation. I've found the wiki pretty detailed for development, but I'll also see if there's something I can update there.

mmatyas

Some updates:

- You can now play the scene with double speed
- You can now view (and change!) the current camera position, rotation and zoom level
- You can now view the memory values set by the scene (and, in the future, might change it as well)
- Added support for the "{2E} Background" event
- Small fixes