• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:32:35 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Event Editing Problem

Started by Jumza, May 16, 2012, 11:15:01 pm

Jumza

Ok getting straight to the problem, in the event in chapter 4 in with which Ramza and Co. are chasing Rofel through orbonne's underground library, appears to have some sort of error in it... When I first finished the beginning of the event, the victory scene went as it did in vanilla (text boxes showed coming from the door with Rofel talking etc...) but when i tried to edit it at all, it showed the final message and the game just stopped doing stuff. (the music played and everyone just stared at the door) then when I put the regular event back in with no edits whatsoever, it does the same thing, just with the vanilla text showing up. (I know its rather long winded) I was wondering why this is happening and how I can fix it. It may have something to do with Ramza (Unit ID 03) not being on the field because i also changed the final message to appear for Unit ID 35.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Quote from: Jumza on May 16, 2012, 11:15:01 pm
Ok getting straight to the problem, in the event in chapter 4 in with which Ramza and Co. are chasing Rofel through orbonne's underground library, appears to have some sort of error in it... When I first finished the beginning of the event, the victory scene went as it did in vanilla (text boxes showed coming from the door with Rofel talking etc...) but when i tried to edit it at all, it showed the final message and the game just stopped doing stuff. (the music played and everyone just stared at the door) then when I put the regular event back in with no edits whatsoever, it does the same thing, just with the vanilla text showing up. (I know its rather long winded) I was wondering why this is happening and how I can fix it. It may have something to do with Ramza (Unit ID 03) not being on the field because i also changed the final message to appear for Unit ID 35.

Sorry i deleted my first post because i misread the issue.

Can you post the event in pastebin and make a link here? I would like to take a look.
It may be an issue with the Unit ID, but I find it rather unlikely

Jumza

kk (never used pastebin, ill give it a shot though)
http://pastebin.com/DakdQdqY
As you can see, i have only edited message 7's character name from {Ramza} and in the instruction changed x03 to x35. I have edited very little of this event so far, and yet im getting this crazy error  :?
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Alright, home from work

* Elric42 cracks knuckles

First off,

Remove this

QuoteText(x0000017D)
//Remove the previous line if you wish text to compile directly after instructions.

Also, why do your messages start at 4? Is this what is what in vanilla? Cuz it should start with 1 and increase as it goes on.

Try this, and if it still doesn't work PM me and we can figure it out together.

Jumza

Oh yes, right keep forgeting to get rid of that line >.<
The messages start at 4 because this part of the event is when you have completed the battle, this is as it was in vanilla as well.

3lric

hmm, ive still never done it that way successfully, without issue. I would first suggest changing the numbers to 1-4 (or however many there is) the number of the line in the victory or other event condition, has nothing to do with the first events dialogue :P They may happen in the same battle, but they are still separate events

Jumza

Oh! It worked! Sweet, thx for all ur help Elric! I'm just wondering now though, what caused that to happen? because that's exactly the same thing as it was in vanilla and it screwed up completely (well i changed a value and a name so...)

Xifanie

Because this:
//Message x04
is a comment.

If you truly want to start at x04, you need to put {end}{end}{end} before your first message. It is only a hint and should never be considered as a real ID.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

From what i understand from Kokojo, the compiler used to allow that to work, but now it doesn't for some reason, Ive had this issue every time I've tried.

Anyway, glad it worked out for ya. If you have any other event questions. Don't hesitate to ask!

Xifanie

I don't know where Koko pulled that from lol, I coded the compiler and out of the 2 versions released, neither does what he claims. :P
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Maybe it wasn't exactly that. I just know it had something to do with  dummy text. Or maybe it was just his excuse for being to lazy to remove it :P

Jumza