• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:52:23 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

It's finally here....

Started by Jumza, November 24, 2011, 09:31:25 pm

Jumza

... The day my FFT CD gives up the ghost :cry:
I knew this day was coming... But why so soon???
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kaijyuu

Mine has gotten wacky read errors since day one. Battles not loading, game getting stuck during spell animations, plain ol' black screen...

Fear not, however! The game is preserved on the internets, where you can download a copy and continue to play as you like. Unfortunately not on a playstation (barring modding), but a USB controller should solve that.

GeneralStrife

epsxe FFT with perfect settings and a controller beats PDX FFT erryday with FFH patches and sprites. let me know if you need the perfect settings.

3lric

November 25, 2011, 01:38:08 am #3 Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:38:38 am by Elric42
You can also play it on a PS2 with a bit of softmodding.. thats what i do.
There are only a few patches that can't be played on a console

the_question

December 19, 2011, 09:55:10 am #4 Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:06:28 am by the_question
A possible solution for your P.S. format fix Jumza:

Now all you need to do is do as Kaijyuu said, right?:
Quote from: Kaijyuu on November 25, 2011, 12:31:12 am
The game is preserved on the internets, where you can download a copy and continue to play as you like.

Here's hoping that it is direct plug-n-play right?!  (like the Shadowgun)  If not then you can just tweak a couple things and it should be fine.

If this is not your style you could always go with the tablet and have Touch Tactics!  furthermore if you play WotL there is no hardware slow down. 

With Ice Cream Sandwich(android) coming soon for this (it is suppose to have native active pen support) and hopefully Photoshop, you could touch up some sprites with a stylus.  

Personally though, the thought of hooking this up to the Big Screen via HTMI has me........drool* drool* drool*    :o

Kaijyuu

I bought a USB adapter for an old PS2 controller for five bucks. Works on all my emulators.