• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:35 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

3lric

So choto fixed and sent me the two hacks which were causinh load delay.

He also finished the DK hack, but forgot to add in the way to edit their job requirements. Once i get that back, I will be putting the game together and beginning the beta testing process :)

We are getting there, people!
  • Modding version: PSX

xjamxx

Out of curiosity, which job req will have DK?
<Random> This seems to be a PSX issue.
<Elric> A psx issue? That makes no sense. Sounds more like an issue with your OS.

3lric

Ill have to look it up in the IRC log when i get home, but iirc, it was level 8 knight and wizard and possibly a level 4 requirement in something else.

xjamxx

November 06, 2018, 09:12:22 pm #283 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:57:18 am by xjamxx
Thank you, there is no need to search for it. I was thinking in the wotl DK job req, and I was like, does this game have a kill counter for each unit?... But you just simplified.

In my asm hacks there is an optimization of vanilla job req that frees 20 instruction spaces in scus file, where i added my custom jobs requirements. Maybe (it will really depend how exactly choto implemented the hack) could use that to write the req for DK.

EDIT: indeed Pride, though it is more like a never used routine from 275c0 to 2873c which has 1120 instructions.
<Random> This seems to be a PSX issue.
<Elric> A psx issue? That makes no sense. Sounds more like an issue with your OS.

Pride

There is already a little bit of free space in SCUS, but I think only Xiffy has posted any hacks that use it
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

No need to do all that since Choto will have the ability to change the job requirements for DK (or rather whatever other extra class you choose to add) built into his hack

Nyzer

Heh, the WotL requirements for DK are terrible. That was never going to be what was used here :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

So Choto sent me the fixed version the other day of the DK hack. Ive been doing some light testing, however due to my work schedule this week, i have no yet tested the full game or requirements.

I hope to have a closed beta test starting this weekend, give or take a few days. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in beta testing TLW. But keep in mind that i wont be sending the patch to any new or unestablished forum members for security reasons.

KnightX

i have nothing going on atm i could help play test. But im a nobody on the fourms. i just lurk around waiting for the right time to pull my D out

3lric

So due to the site being down for several days, as well as me being sick as hell due to the weather change here, i havent put this together yet. But it should be within the next week or so. Ive gotten 2 PMs from testers so far, so we should be good to go as soon as i put it all together

3lric

Beta still coming soon. Within the next week or two for sure. I had some setbacks that had to take priority over my initial testing, but we arent off track just yet, only slowed down due to stormy weather ;)

Heisho

Quote from: Elric on November 27, 2018, 09:40:03 am
Beta still coming soon. Within the next week or two for sure. I had some setbacks that had to take priority over my initial testing, but we arent off track just yet, only slowed down due to stormy weather ;)

Take your time Cap'n.
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

ChuckyMclove

Quote from: Elric on November 27, 2018, 09:40:03 am
Waiting anxiously for beta ;)

3lric

Me too! Lol.

Had some hiccups with the job expansion hack that we use for adding in the Dark Knight class. Choto is working on getting it fixed up soon. Once that is done you all will definitely know about it, lol

3lric

Getting there, just a couple more bugs for Choto to hammer out ;)
(obviously these are pictures from tests, the DK will not be unlocked with level 1 squire and chemist xD)

Bonesy

as the kids say these days

that is "dope"
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

ChuckyMclove

Quote from: Elric on March 11, 2019, 04:22:29 pm
Getting there, just a couple more bugs for Choto to hammer out ;)
(obviously these are pictures from tests, the DK will not be unlocked with level 1 squire and chemist xD)

It's all beautiful, it's sure to bring a real masterpiece ;)

Bonesy

Maybe so but why are you PMing random people about it?
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

3lric

Just a update since its been a bit. Choto is still working on the DK hack. It does work currently, but there is still some bugs like JP/EXP overflow and portrait issues in some places, but rest assured, the project is not forgotten lol, once that hack is finished we will begin beta testing.

DarkSlayer

Take your time, a masterpiece is not done overnight.  ;)

Teach a lesson to SE on how to do things right, because they butchered the PSP version with the lags and that horrible sound!  :mad:

The lag has been patched, but when you have the original PSX sound hardcoed in your memories, the PSP sounds bad, just bad... :oops:

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I live in Brazil.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL