• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:07:29 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Questions about Classes and abilities

Started by Rakiston, January 28, 2009, 07:13:17 pm

Rakiston

January 28, 2009, 07:13:17 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Rakiston
From what I've read, there seems to be issues with changing certain skillsets like Item, Elemental, etc by changing their menus to <default> and giving them regular abilities.

1.    Charge and Math Skill seem to work.  Are they the exceptions, or have I just been lucky?

2.   Can I change abilities in those "unchangeable" skill sets?  For example, could I change Hell Ivy to do something else, and assign it to another skillset?

3.  Is it possible to make a class unusable?  Geomancers don't really fit in with the patch I'm designing and I'd like to disable them.

Zozma

January 28, 2009, 07:18:13 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
if you make the job requirement impossible to obtain you can "remove" a job from the wheel for example i made Mime require LVL 8 Mime to activate. (this can also be used to make other jobs all set to specific levels too, i use it to make enemies have lvl8 in everything.)

also all of the "elelmental" skills if put in <default> skillsets will work fine, AND you can use them at will even if you are not on the right type of terrain. they are like free non charge spells
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

SentinalBlade

January 28, 2009, 08:00:26 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Set it to require 8 in itself, like geomancer requires level 8 in geomancer

The only drawback with charge is that you HAVE to use an ability before you move, otherwise, upon moving your casting will cancel. this is combated with simply everything in the skillset being na instant cast. This is only really a problem with the AI, as it doesnt know that you have to move first or the ability will cancel

MAth skill works flawlessly as far as i know

Rakiston

January 28, 2009, 08:27:08 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Rakiston
Thanks!   This has been very helpful.