• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ffta707's Sprites

Started by ffta707, October 10, 2010, 05:49:46 pm

ffta707

I'm going to work a little on the shading of the upper body.

Side note: Wakka from FFX looks a lot like the monk's generic from FFT, did anyone notice that. That will be my next project.

Yes, ideally, they are "Knife sword weapons," the question is, do they look good?

And no, it is not a Biskmatar, but that would be a sweet looking generic for one. XD

Kill_Bones

The front-on view looks much better than the original. Not that the first pose is bad, but this is definitely an improvement. Still, something about his right arm (our left) looks strange in the first pose. Keep up the good work. Save fine-tuning for the end, you'll rip out less of your hair that way. :wink:

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

ffta707

Thanks for the tip K_B. I'll take a look at the Left arm also.

Kill_Bones

PS You should retitle this "ffta707's sprites" Since it's hardly about mario anymore, and it is the format everyone else uses. I'll get out of your way for now ;P. Happy spriting! :)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

ffta707

Quote from: "Kill_Bones"PS You should retitle this "ffta707's sprites" Since it's hardly about mario anymore, and it is the format everyone else uses. I'll get out of your way for now ;P. Happy spriting! :)

Done. Thanks for the tip!

ffta707

Update: 4 and 1/2 frames done.

Here is the picture. Critique me on this. I think the cape was a challenge, and I am having a great time with shading. I always loved art, but never thought spriting could be so much fun. XD

EDIT:

I've come to realize that having the first 5 or 6 frames done makes the last ones 20 times easier. You can simply paste some of them over.

Jon

October 14, 2010, 04:38:36 am #26 Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:09:44 am by Jon
You can now finish with the copy and paste work all those half bodies in the middle of the sheet, to the left of the "ouch" frames. Can you post a pic showing what you are basing this off of? I think this is starting to look better, still needs some shading however on the upper body. The hat looks a bit strange on some frames...the cape looks alright, but I don't think I can judge that, I don't know how the shading on capes should be, but to me it looks fine. Keep it up!

Edit: The character looks a bit like a Mystic Knight from FF5. Is that who he is? Or maybe a Biskmatar?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Twinees

Its pretty good for your first sprite ffta707, and are u using a ref pic? I can see a few shading problems but i wont nic-pick you about them. the shape of the turban is the important thing atm, on some frames the shape is good (eg. back diag), others not so much (ps. the front facing view has quite a small face). Possibly add another shade of grey (and remove that pinky colour) to help with depth for turban. Im really interested to see where this is going.
  • Modding version: PSX

ffta707

The first most common question: No, I am not basing this of of any picture. This is all done by my "Imagination."

The front facing view sucks IMO. I am going to work on it. I also completed a few more frames.

Also, I have thought about making the shoes silver, sharing a palette with the armor, which makes sense. This would free up three more slots, for darker/ Lighter shadings of silver. Give me your input.

Jon

Yeah, the shoes idea sounds cool, just make sure no skin is exposed and shape them similar to Holy Knight Delita's leg armor. It would look like he is wearing the same leg armor, but the pants conceal them. I think thats a very good idea, plus it would make him look more warrior like opposed to somewhere between warrior and mage (think Blue Mage or Mystic Knight). Any idea for the portrait? I imagine it is going to be tough, especially the turban, good luck!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kill_Bones

Yes, silver/grey would look alot better on the shoes. It's coming along nice!

-Abraham Lincoln

ffta707

Thanks for the suggestions.