• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:54:54 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

To those who care.

Started by DarthPaul, April 30, 2009, 09:39:46 pm

DarthPaul

April 30, 2009, 09:39:46 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Well I have been think8ing on what Voldemort has said to me over the past couple of weeks, and have come to a conclusion. As of this post I shall log out and leave the site until I have found a good way to contribute to this site, in the field of actually contribution. Don't think he has gotten to me, I just think the time away will give me the opportunity to finish the projects I have taken on.

I am sorry to those who feel I have not contributed anything of value or that I am the "sp@mk1ng".

Until the time comes that I have something to show of my works I bid thee all farewell.

P.S. SentinalBlade if you can send me a spreadsheet of the changes you are implementing on SoR I can continue the ENTD. My e-mail is mailto:darthpaul16@yahoo.com">darthpaul16@yahoo.com.

Signing off DarthPaul the carebear.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

April 30, 2009, 09:46:36 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
No moar ph33r?

Zalge

April 30, 2009, 10:07:56 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Seriously. He contributes opinions. Isn't that the most important thing anyone can contribute? ... Ok, bad example.

*sigh* Come back soon, DP.

KazeKasano

April 30, 2009, 10:09:27 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Well shit. I must've missed something.

Like Zalge said, come back soon.
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

SilvasRuin

April 30, 2009, 10:20:10 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Wait... you're working on the ENTD of a patch... and you don't contribute?  Does not compute.

Archael

April 30, 2009, 10:22:20 pm #6 Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:36:43 pm by Archael
I wasn't criticizing you for not contributing, I was criticizing you for only offering opinions on contributions via spammy posts

EDIT: Goomba has expressed it better than I ever could

Quoteuntil I have found a good way to contribute to this site...

I can continue the ENTD

this is contradictory

Goomba

April 30, 2009, 10:26:32 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Just stop spamming all the time and things would be different. He kept silent on it long enough. It was loooong over due. Every single thread you post in gets derailed or just devolves into totally meaningless fluff talk because of the constant approval seeking. It doesn't make anyone like you more when you do this. It's really, really annoying. You might not have noticed, but it's gotten so bad recently that some people actively avoid the threads that you post in because you KILL all serious discussion.

Having you around is like every forum becoming a spam topic. Thank GOD Arch had the balls to call you out on it. We might not have ever seen the end of it otherwise. Sweet Jesus, I don't mean to bash DP, but enough is enough.

This thread should be moved to the spam forum. Hell, we might as well rename the place to Darth Paul. It would do your entire posting style justice.

You don't have to flounce or anything! We like you just fine. Sometimes, you even having something valid and on topic to say. But please, just stop spamming. For the love of god, stop spamming.

Cheetah

April 30, 2009, 11:17:33 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Hope you are still considering testing FFT: Complete. No one has done any testing of the latest release :(.
Current Projects:

SentinalBlade

April 30, 2009, 11:32:29 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
DP, those are odd statements.

didnt you contribute a small list of sprites, and one that was taken on by another person(im talking about things like the sprite that goes with your avatar)

Youve helped my ENTD(and Voldemort, he means he didnt actually finish them, and thats because of my oddly fluctuating update schedule  )

Lots of structured opinions and outward advice.

Darth may not be an ASM hacker, or the leader of a giant project, but he does move this forum along, and help keep it balanced in the troll/flaming to white knight/supporter ratio.

Believe it or not, positive posts help reinforce a project, or even give fruition to new ideas. He contributes more than the people who sign up, ask a question, never sign in again and then never finish their project.

Not everyone can have a backbone to hold up their opinions. Such as i own a forum for my project; My opinion means more. IF the entire forum were like that, no one might as well post in anything other than new projects.

Face it guys, he contributes in ways we cant or dont care to or are even to busy to. As ive stated: he is a really good part of this forum. spam or not.

Archael

April 30, 2009, 11:35:44 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Goomba"Just stop spamming all the time and things would be different. He kept silent on it long enough. It was loooong over due. Every single thread you post in gets derailed or just devolves into totally meaningless fluff talk because of the constant approval seeking. It doesn't make anyone like you more when you do this. It's really, really annoying. You might not have noticed, but it's gotten so bad recently that some people actively avoid the threads that you post in because you KILL all serious discussion.

I don't have the vocabulary to express what I feel in a better way than this post just did

THANK YOU

the constant stream of posts like this:

"Indeed"

"Eh, [repeat of Original Post]???"

"Ah, well, OK."

"So is that what you really think?"

"Are you sure?"

"Huh."

was just an endless stream of blank posting, border line approval seeking, spamming, meaningless stuff that didn't contribute or go anywhere with anything

SentinalBlade

April 30, 2009, 11:40:06 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I do agree with that, but dont think you dont help the forums DP, which is what my post was aiming at

akwikone

May 01, 2009, 12:45:33 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
don't leave man, you're like one of the funniest guys on the forum, and you inportent enough for a mention in wiki and a spot in the word filter

not to mention you're one of the few guys on the forum I'de actually call my friend

Asmo X

May 01, 2009, 01:42:44 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Quote from: "akwikone"don't leave man, you're like one of the funniest guys on the forum, and you inportent enough for a mention in wiki and a spot in the word filter

not to mention you're one of the few guys on the forum I'de actually call my friend

Congratulations idiot. You fulfilled DP's purpose for making this thread.

DP, How about instead of drawing attention to yourself by "quitting the forums", you just stop acting like a fool and remain here? Jesus some people take this shit so seriously.

SilvasRuin

May 01, 2009, 02:01:08 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
That's probably the best way to put it.  This kind of drama is rather pointless.

akwikone

May 01, 2009, 02:17:01 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
fool or not, I don't realy mind being made a fool of in this way, if he is serious, I don't want him to leave, if it is just a joke, when he says "HAHA I fooled you", I'll say "good one, I fell for it" and not be bothered one bit.  I take crap like this well when it is a joke, so no big deal. Anyway Darthpaul if it's a joke, you got me, if not see you around and I'll send you an E-mail email every once in awhile.

SilvasRuin

May 01, 2009, 03:06:15 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Either he's overly sensitive about this, or it is attention whoring.  It's not that you are falling for a joke, but rather you are fueling the attention/pity seeking.  Frankly, I find his posts interesting enough to want him to stick around despite not knowing him all that well, but I'm not going to cater quite so much to his pity party.  As Asmo said, he he should just drop this nonsense and stick around.

DarthPaul

May 13, 2009, 05:33:38 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Cheetah"Hope you are still considering testing FFT: Complete. No one has done any testing of the latest release Sad.

Sorry I cannot test this game as my cpu fried a few days ago. I shall be hearing about getting a job on Friday, and if I get it I shall have a much better computer within the next few weeks.

I have finished what I was working on but sadly my HD is ATA and the only computer I have working is SATA. So I am shopping for an adaptor.

Quote from: "Goomba"He kept silent on it long enough.

Goomba normally I respect your opinion, but please stop giving Arch a reach around and get your nose out of his ass. A great deal of your posts are attempts to garner his favor it seems. If this is not the case you are really a misunderstood person.

Quote from: "SentinalBlade"I do agree with that, but dont think you dont help the forums DP, which is what my post was aiming at

I wasn't trying to say I don't contribute, just that I don't believe I have contributed enough.

Quote from: "Asmo X"Congratulations idiot. You fulfilled DP's purpose for making this thread.

Umm "Idiot" my reason for making this post is I don't leave without mention. I wanted those I had promised to help to know that I would be gone and leave them a way to contact me, because honestly I was too lazy to send out multiple PMs.

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Either he's overly sensitive about this, or it is attention whoring. It's not that you are falling for a joke, but rather you are fueling the attention/pity seeking. Frankly, I find his posts interesting enough to want him to stick around despite not knowing him all that well, but I'm not going to cater quite so much to his pity party.

"Pity".....

If you knew me you know that I would rather kill you than have you give me pity. I don't think it's a completely worthless emotion, I just don't want it. You are right though I should have called the thread "To whom it may concern." I was not thinking too much about it at the time.

Attention whoring huh? I have not much more to say then wow if I was looking for attention then I would not have left.

Well now that that is over, I am glad to be back. Nice to see the posts though they where a bit unnecessary, and actually seemed to work against my purpose for this thread.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

May 13, 2009, 05:48:10 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "darthpaul"
Quote from: "Goomba"He kept silent on it long enough
Goomba normally I respect your opinion, but please stop giving Arch a reach around and get your nose out of his ass. A great deal of your posts are attempts to garner his favor it seems. If this is not the case you are really a misunderstood person.
He is misunderstood for agreeing with me? He wasn't the only one who agreed with me in that your posts are (were?) spam-heaps of blank-ness and approval seeking / re-iterating.

A great deal of other people's posts also agree with me on some things, does that make them misunderstood? Maybe they just have their own opinions of you, which are also negative? Ever thought of that one?

Calling other people misunderstood when they post on your own quit topic is retarded.

QuoteAttention whoring huh? I have not much more to say then wow if I was looking for attention then I would not have left.
Wrong. If you weren't looking for attn, you would have made no topics, and not come back. You would have just left. But since you were looking for attention, not only did you make a "BYE" topic, you came back to reply in it as well.

Your posting still looks blank as fuck, argument-for-arguments sake, and I really hope your away time has helped to improve that, however unnoticed it may have gone by me so far.

DarthPaul

May 13, 2009, 05:53:35 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I only said that it seems to me that he is fishing for your approval. I may be way off base and he may just share the same point of view that you do. I can never really know unless I meet him or chat with him more.

I only responded so I could clear up somethings and defend myself against misconceptions. I am trying not to start an argument. Also I too have hoped my time away has cleared my head as much as I feel that it has.