• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:51:24 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sprites Mess up in Cut Scenes

Started by megatron, May 25, 2011, 01:27:15 pm

megatron

May 25, 2011, 01:27:15 pm Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:35:25 pm by megatron
Do Costume Sprites Suppose to mess up in cut scenes when they do certain things such as turn their head or move their arm? :more: :ban: :more: :more: :more: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :more: :more: :more: :ban: :gay:

Allso how can i get the to show up in the formation screen when its on the formation screen i see the original them and not the mod one so please help iam kinda new to this.....oh allso   :| Are their any downloadable hack tool s for allot of money in the game?

MagiusRerecros

May 25, 2011, 01:47:57 pm #1 Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:48:40 pm by MagiusRerecros
Yes, custom sprites will revert to the original sprites (although still using the custom palette) whenever they perform an action that is not in the custom sprite sheet. AFAIK, there is no way around this.

There is a tool called FFTEVGRP in the downloads section that will allow you to modify the sprites and portraits in unit.bin and wrldface.bin, which are the sprites and palettes used in the formation screen. Be aware that not all characters are in unit.bin and wrldface.bin, for the most part it's only characters who join your party in vanilla. To get custom characters, or characters that don't normally join your party, such as Zalbaag or Chapter 2 Delita, to show up properly requires some hex editing. Also, to get unit.bin and wrldface.bin out of (and back into, once you're done) the iso requires a tool called CDMage, which is also available for download on this site. There's a tutorial around here somewhere that will guide you through all the proper steps.

As for having a lot of money, I think there's an asm hack that might help you along... I don't think there's anything that you can modify in FFTPatcher that will give you more money, although you're free to change the prices of the items in stores so that you don't NEED that much money in the first place. Alternatively, you could just cheat to give yourself a ton of money using a save game editor or a gameshark or some such thing.

EDIT: Also, the massive amount of smilies was completely unnecessary.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

megatron

Ok another question suppose i want the original sprite back like i got the caped ramza but i want the one iam suppose to have in Chapter 1 how do i get it back? please dont tell me i have to delete the game
                                                                                                                             :gay:                                                 

MagiusRerecros

I've attached the default Chapter 1 Ramza sprite to this post; you can download it and then use Shishi's to import it into your iso. For future reference, it might be a good idea to use Shishi's to export the original sprites before you put in new sprites; that way if you decide later that you don't like the custom ones, you can put the defaults back easily.

RandMuadDib

All of the original sprites are located on the main site for download.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

MagiusRerecros

You sure about that? Because when I click on the links to the "sprite files", I only see the first line of the sprites rather than a download prompt.

RandMuadDib

Hrm on my phone now so can't check, always assumed it was full sprite file.

Tea

I can't find the download either, just one line and the portrait.

megatron

Thanx so are the original sprites on the forums if not it would be nice for someone to put one up so when ppl like me make a mistake like that they could come here and start over like the original (knight.mage etc0 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

RandMuadDib

you're right, my bad i thought they were downloaded files because the link ended with a .spr
I do seem to recall needing to rip a few of the original sprites directly from the iso using shishis