• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Lancer skillset discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 08:57:08 pm

Should we keep jump or give lancers a new skillet?

Keep Jump
11 (78.6%)
New Skillset
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: August 06, 2010, 05:30:06 pm

PX_Timefordeath

Good news everyone! Thanks to Zodiac's generic skillset fix, we can now edit Jump and give lancers a real skillset. Bring on the suggestions.

Current abilities:

Triple Attack - Deals PA*WP damage to 3 adjacent targets.

The Damned

When I'm more awake, remind me to commend Zodiac.

For now, I'll just leave the link for Dragoon's page on FFCompendium here.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

logus

props to zodiac!

but, looking at this, it makes me think: shouldn't you guys focus on fixing sage and balancing instead of creating new stuff that will need to be tested more for balance?

I mean, sure, jump is "lackluster", in ffm's wording, but I don't really care for a shiny varied skillset, as long as that one skill that works is good and balanced. And I believe this to be the case for jump. It has a multitude of uses, such as: being invulnerable for the "charge time", gaining a ranged strike with a melee armored unit (that also happens to have a good amount of natural hp for the owners of the primary skill), extra damage, concentrate on hit, ignoring poison/regen, and maybe more that I have not pictured yet.

I can't say the same for ninja though. throw really needs to be changed and be more about shurikens and elemental balls. But I'll discuss that in ninja thread.
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

CT5Holy

I'm with Logus on this one. Even if we make a new skillset, at least keep Jump around, cause it works and is useful. Something like Level 4 Jump and Vertical 4/5 Jump.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

The Damned

If we can't keep Jump due to changing Lancers, then I'm going to have to vote to keep Jump. Sure, it may be boring, but its role in the game is rather unique unlike Throw.

(I must admit that I'm being hypocritical because I got rid of the traditional Jump in my patch at the moment. So...yeah.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Melancthon

I love Jump.  If there was a way to keep only Vertical/Level Jump 4 or 5 and add skills that would be cool.  But Jump as it is is a fun skill to build a unit around, and I would be sad to see it go.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Skip Sandwich

Jump is currently also the only way to have the 'same' ability on more then 2 units without breaking the rules :)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com