• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Kagebunji

Scarf needs fixing indeed, googles seem fine though. You might consider giving him more angry eyebrows and change the mouth a bit, to give him more character and such.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Lower the scarf or give him a longer neck. His hair could probably be blonder too, but that's fine. Great start so far.

Cheetah

You can tell that you combined two different hair styles because the palette is a bit different. The main problem being that the rear part of his hair appears to have a dark shade never used in the front. That might be okay, but it is too abrupt. Tried messing with it just a bit.

Scarf needs work like you said. The googles look really good other than a few shading issues potentially. His ear looks like it may be at too much of an angle.

Love this overall and his scruff is perfect. An angry eye might be cool, but I like the closed mouth.
Current Projects:

Jon

Lol, you must really like Cid eh GS?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

GeneralStrife

When I was a kid and played FF7 he was my fucking idol. DRINK YOUR GODDAMNED TEA!!!

Kill_Bones

Quote from: "Cheetah"An angry eye might be cool
I agree, see what a more tilted eyebrow does for him. It would fit his personality better. It looks great! Way better than that AC crap, at least. I personally like the open mouthed one, I've never seen a fft port with an open mouth that actually WORKED, until now.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Twinees

Stronger/angry eyebrows, moved neck down and changed scarf up a bit.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Yeah, this looks good! This is how I remember Cid, the old pilot wishing to be an astronaut. I think it is perfect now. Scarf looks better as well.

Cheetah

Should the head be one pixel to the left? Try using the white of his eye and goggles in the scarf, it is still a bit bland and undefined.
Current Projects:

Kill_Bones

Amazing, simply amazing. It looks absolutely gorgeous, like it was ment to be in the game. Time to replace the lame Cid Orlandu with "Cid freakin' Highwind" :twisted:

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Lijj

Hrmm.. The neck looks too thick for FFT, and the collar of his white shirt or scarf should maybe be shaped a little different. The goggles look good in the front but on the side and towards the back it seems un defined... Same with the hair; undefined(esp. right above his left lens). On the goggle's strap at the back maybe it could be angled in or the hair could come out 1 px.. I'd play around with it til it looks right.
The eyes look cool same with the stubble and cig- the collar too

mav

I feel like the collar is a little too high. Try incorporating Lijj's and Cheetah's suggestions first, then take a stab at fixing his clothing a bit.

Twinees

changed scarf up, though im still not happy with it ill fix it up later perhaps unless people are ok with it now. Thinned neck too, but i feel if it goes any thinner it wont look like Cid (its same thickness as Wiegraf's).
im gonna keep working on the sprite for now.

Cheetah

Great improvements! You even fixed the ear and the goggles are much better too. This is essentially done as far as I'm concerned. The scarf looks really good. Perhaps you could do more with it, but it is good now too.

I think you are right about doing more work on the sprite for now.
Current Projects:

mav

I ain't a fan of the smile, but this is pretty dang good. Get cracking on that sprite now, chief.

Cheetah

I so love this portrait. I kind of miss that darker shade in the hair though. It might be a bit too flat now, but I think I'm spending too much time just gazing at it.
Current Projects:

sol

wow thats great bro......but can any1 help me please i have the FFTpatcher and i want 2 know how 2 make the new stuff like the brave suit r gungnir show up n stores....cuz it sucks 2 know its there and i can't get it

Twinees

@sol, Ive got no idea at what you are talking about sorry =/. Try the Help section, you're more likely to get a good answer.

Plus update: Finished forward 'attack' animations, so 1/4 pretty much left (this took me a longgg time).

Jon

Twinees you got skills man! This is developing perfectly! Keep it up!