• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 07:04:21 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Another newb Question please help ;.;

Started by Captain Gilgamesh, May 10, 2009, 01:17:49 pm

Captain Gilgamesh

May 10, 2009, 01:17:49 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Captain Gilgamesh
OK, So now I have Sephiroth set up in the sprites of the game, I took out Cloud from the Sprites (lol) How do I get him into my party? and how can I make him a special character? (I am starting with Sephiroth and I am working though till I have Zack, Snake(s) and Red Mage, but I also want to make a Paladin so as I am learning how to do things, how will I be able to do more to edit them the best way possible?) -hope people can understand what I mean. http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2425 this was great for helping me with the Sprites but now I need to learn or somehow find the set up to actually make this character his/her own being.

Goomba

May 10, 2009, 01:59:02 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
You just need to go into the FFT patcher, load your ISO that you inserted the sprite into, find Cloud's job, edit it into whatever you want Sephiroth to be and then edit Cloud's limit into whatever skillset you need for Sephiroth.

Then just go to the ENTD and find like, Mandalia plains or something and edit one of the panthers or chocobo into your character.

After that you just save it by patching into the ISO, making sure to click on all the tabs that you modified to make sure it gets overwritten and load up the game in your emulator and go to the area that you put the character in.

That's how you do it without any fancy events.

Here's some screen shots.

You have to use the text editor to change his name, though.

Kaijyuu

May 10, 2009, 02:56:46 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
If you just edit cloud's job, you can get your sephiroth where you normally get cloud (will have all his old lines and everything).

If you want to START with sephiroth, you can change one of the generics you get at the start of the game into him. That's much easier than getting him through some random battle.
To do that, you edit ENTD 188 in the patcher. Here's a screenshot of my own patch where I did just that (for testing purposes).

And yeah, follow goomba's examples to actually make his job.
  • Modding version: PSX