• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:10:34 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[old]The Lion War 1.06 - DOWNLOAD HERE!

Started by 3lric, September 21, 2019, 06:20:31 pm

3lric

Quote from: plasma27 on November 06, 2019, 01:32:31 pm
Hey man. Is this for the ps1 or psp? In this mod, can you get those enemy exclusive jobs like feel knight, holy knight, celebrant, and others?

Thats not what this mod is about. Please read the description... and its for the ps1 version...
  • Modding version: PSX

Locke_Cole

Amazing to see that there are still things to be done here at FFhackticks. Great job Elric and team. I joined this site in mid 2019 and have been playing alot of patches since then. So glad to find out that there is more coming! I have a question, does this version have the same level of difficulty as the original game? I found myself being so happy to play FF Tactics "Kind Of" because of it having a better level of difficulty and just more balanced in its build. Perhaps this is ment to be a basic version which can be built upon - is that what you usually call "Vanilla"?

Sorry if this is a noob question.  :)

Nyzer

Aside from the Ashley Riot battle, yes.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Locke_Cole

Amici

Are there any huge bugs or pending bug fixes for TLW in the near future? Or is it safe to say that 1.03 is the last version for awhile? I'm hoping to kinda start modding it. But I won't start if there's a version 1.04 in the horizon.

Ansehelm

I've been wondering the same thing, although it's best to wait for the resources files to be released with 1.04.  That said, I have no idea what the project status is right now, but I'm very much ready for it to be rolled out.

3lric

Quote from: Ansehelm on November 26, 2019, 04:14:02 pm
I've been wondering the same thing, although it's best to wait for the resources files to be released with 1.04.  That said, I have no idea what the project status is right now, but I'm very much ready for it to be rolled out.

You guys really gotta start clicking the "new posts since last visit" button

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12321.msg226987#msg226987

This was posted yesterday afternoon

Amici

November 27, 2019, 01:39:56 am #47 Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 02:13:32 am by Amici
The new posts since last visit doesn't really work for me since my last visit must be 2 years ago or something XD

But thanks for the update Elric! Too late though since I already "customized" by TLW 1.03 with spiffy custom sprites and portraits, boo.

Oh well. Just have to do it all over again lmao.

EDIT: Correction on that. Almost 4 years, since my last post was January of 2016. Whenever I'm itching to play FFT, I'm always led back to this place. For the past decade. Lmao.

EDIT #2: And I just realized you can't just got directly edit The Lion War patched ISO using FFTacText, Shishi, and all other tools without breaking the mod. I just realized it now after I just broke Gaff and Agrias' in-battle Orbonne conversation. A couple of hours work down the drain XD. Serves me right for not reading. I guess I'll be waiting for the 1.04 update then :)

3lric

Quote from: Amici on November 27, 2019, 01:39:56 am
The new posts since last visit doesn't really work for me since my last visit must be 2 years ago or something XD

But thanks for the update Elric! Too late though since I already "customized" by TLW 1.03 with spiffy custom sprites and portraits, boo.

Oh well. Just have to do it all over again lmao.

EDIT: Correction on that. Almost 4 years, since my last post was January of 2016. Whenever I'm itching to play FFT, I'm always led back to this place. For the past decade. Lmao.

EDIT #2: And I just realized you can't just got directly edit The Lion War patched ISO using FFTacText, Shishi, and all other tools without breaking the mod. I just realized it now after I just broke Gaff and Agrias' in-battle Orbonne conversation. A couple of hours work down the drain XD. Serves me right for not reading. I guess I'll be waiting for the 1.04 update then :)

If you've already started editing it, then you've already broken your iso :P

TLW has to be built in a specific order and if you start mucking around without the proper resources, it will 100% crash somewhere or at the very least, the sound novels are going to derp out.

Amici

Yeah I just realized that. So I'll be patiently waiting for this weekend so I can start my nth playthrough. Lol. This time with Ashley fucking Riot.

Hope it isn't too difficult for amateur modders to build TLW with edits. All I intend to do are custom sprites, change a few job names and descriptions, and add a few skills to Ramza's ch2-3 and ch4 jobs.

3lric

Quote from: Amici on November 27, 2019, 09:18:00 am
Yeah I just realized that. So I'll be patiently waiting for this weekend so I can start my nth playthrough. Lol. This time with Ashley fucking Riot.

Hope it isn't too difficult for amateur modders to build TLW with edits. All I intend to do are custom sprites, change a few job names and descriptions, and add a few skills to Ramza's ch2-3 and ch4 jobs.

As long as you have access to excel (not open or libre office) youll be fine

Amici

Ansehelm

QuoteYou guys really gotta start clicking the "new posts since last visit" button

Funny thing is, I do that 9/10 times when I visit the site, there's just been a lot of non-TLW posts lately, I guess I just skimmed past that post in the shuffle.  At any rate....HYPPPE! Looking forward to it!

3lric

Version 1.04 of The Lion War, is now live! Download and patch to a new clean image and then you should be fine to load your hardsaves (not savestates) to see what was fixed, visit the bug reports thread HERE

Resources are now public as well.

Amici

Awesome! Thanks for the great work Elric! Time to start tweaking the resources.

AstralBaal

Hey I'm very new to the whole modding FFT, was wondering if someone could send me a tutorial on applying this patch couldn't find much info in the read me or in the tutorial tab on this website.

3lric

There is a existing tutorial on the site. Go to tutorial section and click the important links sticky

Valkirst

OH BROTHER! Been looking for a reason to jump back in, thank you so much!
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

junkwes

So awesome! Nice work. I started a new playthrough. I really hope there aren't any game-breaking bugs!! I see what looks to be a bug already when you go to Options when in a fight. Might be my emulator, not sure.

Thanks for doing this! excited!

junkwes

Did I patch it incorrectly if I'm seeing "blanks" for some in-game options like city options "buy" "sell" "rumors" "recruit" etc on map view, and also some blanks where text should be in combat when I go to "options?"

Just wonder if anyone else is seeing this using the Beetle PSX HW?