• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:36:00 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Alicia, Lavian and more.

Started by AngrySurprisedFace, December 23, 2008, 12:44:56 pm

AngrySurprisedFace

December 23, 2008, 12:44:56 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
O; I have some questions I need answered X_x.

Alicia and Lavian. I saw here http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=779&highlight=lavian that this fellow was able to replace Alicia and Lavian's Sprites with other sprites. I was just wondering how he did that because I wasn't able to find a specific Alicia or Lavian .SPR when I opened the ISO via CDmage. I thought I would try replacing an existing sprite (in this case I sacrificed Reis ); ) with the sprite I wanted the new Alicia or Lavian to be and import it. But I couldn't find a specific .SPR for them as I said before, so I looked under the ENTD section of the patcher and I switched Alicia's Sprite with Reis. This brings me to my next question/dilema.

This seems to be quite the commonly asked question. Although those who would have had the same problem like me either go unanswered or don't explain what they did http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=532 , like him. I followed Lyndn's guides (amazing btw) but there are a few issues I had with them. I couldn't find a "generate ENTD files" under anything, in anything... surrounding anything? I was also trying to make Miluda (I'm a fan) join my party after I beat her in 105 Miluda's Defeat. But there isn't a srite for her either, so I tried doing the same thing as I did with Alicia and Lavian and patch it, but no success. So I just stayed stumped until I worked up the courage to ask via post. D;

Also! (hold your stones ): ) Another issue I had was with the UNIT.BIN. I extracted it from the ISO but when I try to open it with Shishi, nothing happens, so I don't know if Reis was really changed or not.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is replace Alicia with the Miluda sprite, Lavian I won't change at all, and Rad with Bolmna. I can't do this because I can't find a .SPR for them, and I don't know if changing someone else's sprite using the ISO in Shishi will do anything unless it's UNIT.BIN.

Thanks for anything help you can give me in advanced!

LastingDawn

December 23, 2008, 01:03:39 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well you actually have it right, there is no Lavian, Rad,  or Alicia sprite. Their "sprites" are a misunderstanding in the Patcher, Rad, Alicia, and Lavian use generic Knight and Squire sprites. So you will need to replace actual sprites, such as Reis, Beowulf, dupe Agrias, dupe Mustadio, etc, etc.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

AngrySurprisedFace

December 23, 2008, 01:11:12 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
So I would have to replace them in the patcher after having replaced the other sprites in Shishi.

Do I even need the UNIT.BIN to replace them properly? Or can I do it using the ISO?

DarthPaul

December 23, 2008, 01:13:52 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
To do it completely you would have to edit the unit.bin.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

AngrySurprisedFace

December 23, 2008, 01:16:45 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
If I try to open the UNIT.BIN nothing happens.

/:

DarthPaul

December 23, 2008, 01:22:44 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
You need some software available somewhere (I don't remember where) on the forum to edit it and the software is in japanese so it will take a while.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

AngrySurprisedFace

December 23, 2008, 01:24:17 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
O;

Why thank you kind sirs.

Fliezer

Quote from: AngrySurprisedFace on December 23, 2008, 01:16:45 pm
If I try to open the UNIT.BIN nothing happens.

/:

same problem :cry:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Valkirst

Quote from: Fliezer on October 20, 2018, 07:08:42 am
same problem :cry:

Here you go you could use this tool, you can open the ISO file from here and change formation sprites and everything else. 😊 Even some of the tutorials are really outdated because the people either don't log on or are rarely active. Only thank you for actually trying to find the answer for obviously searching through a lot of the forum or else you would not have gotten to a 10 year old page.
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Shishi_Sprite_Editor
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Nyzer

October 20, 2018, 09:43:59 pm #9 Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 04:13:46 pm by Nyzer
Hm.

Here's the thing... a basic forum search of "change Alicia job" came up a few results, including this topic. This topic was also the first result in a Google search.
It links to Celdia's tutorial for changing sprites in the first six words of the post.

Most of us regulars know by now that Celdia's tutorial here is outdated - which, yes, is a minor issue - but only in the sense that you can now shortcut a few steps, not that it doesn't work.

This same tutorial would have easily been located by clicking the Tutorials & Learning board from the forum's main page.

So I doubt they did a real search for this... I'd bet it's more likely they followed a link from an old-ass Youtube video or something.

And necroing ancient topics is typically frowned upon in most forums unless there's a good reason for it. We don't need people getting confused by decade old posts describing to do a thing in a different way in a topic that's apparently currently being discussed, or trying to respond to or ask questions of people that haven't been around for enough years to go through all of high school and college combined with change to spare.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown